Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Week Six: Chiefs (1-4) @ Buccaneers (1-3) Reply with quote

I actually feel pretty confident in this one.

We're coming off a bye week. The last half we played, Free looked like a legitimate QB. Johnson and Te'o Whatever had a good week and a half of solid reps filling in at RE. The coaching staff has shown the ability to adapt... and I say that loosely. Hopefully the week off gave our coaching staff a chance to reevaluate what it is that actually works.

As for Kansas City, damn... They seem to be struggling quite a bit. Their own fans are turning on 'em. It's not looking good for them. They've still got Charles. You can't even tell he had a serious knee injury. That's about it. They're defense ain't bad... til you see they're giving up almost 29 points per game.

If Free is let loose, I think we can actually put up some points and win by at least 10.

Last edited by bucsfan333 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can not sleep on Kansas City. They obviously aren't as good as any of the teams we've been up against so far, but if you sleep on them they can surprise you. I feel like the coaching staff understands the importance of this game and will not underestimate the Chiefs. In all honesty, we can blow them out, and that's what I want to see this Sunday, a Bucs team playing up to their potential for 4-whole quarters.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They lost to the ravens 9-6. They may be 1-3 but if we don't get a consistant performance from our offense and freeman plays like he did against Washington we can lose this game fairly easy.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I give up if we lose this game. They are not very good.

garbage
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeman probably won't be let loose, I expect the same conservative gameplan that we've seen every week.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early reports say that we'll be facing Brady Quinn.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Freeman probably won't be let loose, I expect the same conservative gameplan that we've seen every week.

I read that they want to gameplan more to Freeman's strengths and that they are trying to get him to buy more into the system. Those seem like conflicting reports to me, so I'm not sure what to expect.

But if we're playing Brady Quinn we should win this game. However I do think the Chiefs are a little more dangerous than their record indicates, so a W shouldn't be expected.

After them we have a rejuvenated Saints team so I hope we get it together, I think the season rides on this game. 1-4 is too much to recover from IMO.

I want to see the defense really play well against the Chiefs skill position players.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not feeling confident, at all
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a win. We have had time to rest and game plan.

The Chiefs are a lot like us though, lots of talent + potential all over the place but things have just not come together. The main reason being poor qb play and injuries.

Charles is the guy that scares me. Our run def has been great so far but speed backs give me the chills.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Freeman was let loose last week and what he did for 3 qtr was painful to watch.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schiano hasn't been coaching here long, but I think one thing that he has proven already is that he can teach the fundamentals. We look far more prepared as a team this year than we have in a long time. I have a lot of confidence in this team to come out looking good after a bye week. Tackling should be much better this week, and it will need to be.

On defense it is going to be strength against strength. We are a top-5 rush defense and the Chiefs have a bruising OLine and Jamaal Charles. Whoever wins this match-up wins the game.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I read that they want to gameplan more to Freeman's strengths and that they are trying to get him to buy more into the system.

They want to gameplan more to Freeman's strengths: Lots of fast paced, shotgun, vertical passing offense.

Trying to get him to buy more into the system: Slow, plodding, power I offense with no passes past 6 yards.

Yup, definitely sound like conflicting reports. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just win.....I dont care how....

I'll have my preview up later this week Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I read that they want to gameplan more to Freeman's strengths and that they are trying to get him to buy more into the system.

They want to gameplan more to Freeman's strengths: Lots of fast paced, shotgun, vertical passing offense.

Trying to get him to buy more into the system: Slow, plodding, power I offense with no passes past 6 yards.

Yup, definitely sound like conflicting reports. Laughing

Yepp. I don't get it either.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lose this game Sunday, we might as well start preparing for the off-season for next year starting from the FA to draft. The Chiefs aren't a good team at all. It just doesn't get any simpler than that. Thing is, Tampa is so unpredictable it wouldn't surprise me if Quinn threw for over 300 yards on us with Bowe and Baldwin. I know far fetched but who knows. I see a lot of outside runs toward the RE side. We have shown time and time again to lose containment to the outside. I'm excited to be seeing the run O v our run D after we got punished against the Redskins. Talib vs Bowe will be a good match-up and I want to see how he will play him.

Offensively, I don't know if we do much yards wise. Ray Rice put up a good game last week but our line is nowhere near the Ravens run game just yet. So it'll be on #5 AGAIN for him to make enough plays to win. Knowing Tampa it'll be a close game and if we win it'll be by no more than 7 points. Thing is, everyone in the NFL and their mother knows Tampa is scared to pass the ball and open it up. So, it'll be another low scoring affair barring major coaching game-plans. (hopefully this comes to fruition)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: