Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is the draft projection for Mike Gillislee?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: What is the draft projection for Mike Gillislee? Reply with quote

He's tearing it up right now, I'm just curious as to where he's being projected to be drafted by most.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 3rd to 4th round. He's a lot like Cyrus Gray from last year. I don't think he'll fall quite as far as Gray depending on his medical. Jack of all trades master of none type that could immediately contribute as a 3rd down HB and #2 HB due to his pass blocking ability and hands. Still, has had ball security and nagging injury issues in the past.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I'd say 3rd to 4th round. He's a lot like Cyrus Gray from last year. I don't think he'll fall quite as far as Gray depending on his medical. Jack of all trades master of none type that could immediately contribute as a 3rd down HB and #2 HB due to his pass blocking ability and hands. Still, has had ball security and nagging injury issues in the past.

Yeah, 3rd to 4th. Really tough runner who could be a very good complementary back.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't make us google a player everytime, im lazy. Laughing

Seriously though, saying his measureables, stats, team, and position would be smart.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was more of a day 3 until his recent coming out parties. He has the possible now of sneaking into round 3 and some are saying if he plays well the rest of the year and test out well maybe even late round 2. For now think rounds 3/4 is accurate.

He's 5-11 209 with a 4.47 40 time......

there's plenty of places to look up his stats if one wants......
justo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some team takes him higher than most based on how good he is and how little wear he has on his tires. Dude is a senior that is going to get a majority of his rushes in his last year because of a crowded backfield.
swolfdab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's listed at 5'11. He looks 5'9.

He isn't an every down back at the next level, in my opinion, because I haven't seen him catch the ball out of the backfield.

He's a heck of a blocker and I think he enjoys that part of the game, which you have to in the NFL.

I think he gets to the second level well. He just has average vision, and is not a tough guy to take down for the most part. Great speed and quickness for a downhill style runner, though. Problem is, I don't see him giving defenses a hard time trying to bring him down. It often only takes one man to tackle him and that's a concern.

Right now, I have him as a 5th-6th round selection. Depending on how he looks the rest of the season, and his measurables in the off-season, he might jump into that 4th round group.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runs high, no burst, not that fast, not powerful... Good vision, though.

Beast
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can play all three downs, looks good picking up blitzers - I think he'll go pretty high in a weak class - 2nd round seems about right at the moment.
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:

Seriously though, saying his measureables, stats, team, and position would be smart.

You say this on every post where a guys measurables aren't included.. Google isn't a hard thing to use, stop being an annoyance and whining about having to google search someone's name.

Gillislee is a downhill back who thrives in Florida's power run scheme. Really tough runner despite his skinny size, charges into contact and falls forward. Really gets better as the game goes on. Good break-away speed. Good enough agility to sort of side-step a guy and then get vertical again. I really just love how he always stays vertical, he does not dance around. Good blocker and pass catcher too. Perfect fit as a back-up and spot starter in a power run scheme.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Nobody wrote:

You say this on every post where a guys measurables aren't included.. Google isn't a hard thing to use, stop being an annoyance and whining about having to google search someone's name.

Gillislee is a downhill back who thrives in Florida's power run scheme. Really tough runner despite his skinny size, charges into contact and falls forward. Really gets better as the game goes on. Good break-away speed. Good enough agility to sort of side-step a guy and then get vertical again. I really just love how he always stays vertical, he does not dance around. Good blocker and pass catcher too. Perfect fit as a back-up and spot starter in a power run scheme.

Spot on, he's a perfect backup HB. I can see him going in the 4th round to a team looking for some HB depth.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Nobody this is a warning for personal attacks, they arent' needed here.

Okay, mods. I was called out on something that isn't true, I apologize.

Last edited by Nobody on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
BBando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His feet are amazing. Lateral quickness is some of the best I have seen in college. 3rd-4th right now. Might sneak into the 2nd because this is his first year starting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: