Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Remixxxxxxx's updated[11/6] Monday Night LULZ mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Remixxxxxxx's updated[11/6] Monday Night LULZ mock Reply with quote

COACHING CHANGES

*After finishing 5-11, Andy Reid is relieved of his position as head football coach of the Philadelphia Eagle - the majority of the coaching staff is released.

Winston Moss, HC
Wikipedia wrote:
Moss began his coaching career in 1998 as a defensive quality control assistant for the Seattle Seahawks. He was hired by the New Orleans Saints in 2000 as defensive assistant/quality control, he was promoted to linebackers coach near the end of that season to replace John Bunting, who departed to become head coach at the University of North Carolina. Moss was hired by the Packers to become their linebackers coach on January 19, 2006. He was promoted to assistant head coach by head coach Mike McCarthy on January 15, 2007.

Norv Turner, OC
Wikipedia wrote:
Upon arriving in Dallas, Turner took over an offense that was dead last in the NFL in total yards averaging 255.1 yds/gm and scoring 15.2 pts/gm, his impact was immediate. In 1991 the offense jumped to 9th in total yds with 318.8/gm and scoring 21.4/gm, and 4th in 1992(350.4 yds/gm, 25.6 pts/gm) and 4th in 1993(350.9 yds/gm, 23.5 pts/gm). Emmitt Smith led the NFL in rushing all 3 yrs under Norv Turner, winning Super Bowl XXVIII MVP.

Darren Perry, DC
Wikipedia wrote:
Perry spent the 2002 season as the Cincinnati Bengals' safeties coach under his former defensive coordinator, - Lebeau. He was the Steelers' defensive backs coach from 2004–2006, after having served as assistant defensive backs coach in 2003. Perry was instrumental with the rapid development of the Steelers’ two outstanding safeties, All-Pro Troy Polamalu and Chris Hope. He resigned from the Steelers coaching staff on January 25, 2007, following the retirement of head coach Bill Cowher. Perry was hired by the Oakland Raiders as their defensive backs coach on February 5, 2007,[2] and spent two seasons with the team. Perry was hired by the Green Bay Packers as their safeties coach on February 3, 2009.

Don Johnson, DL
chargers.com wrote:
In 2010, Johnson helped coach the Chargers a No. 1 overall ranking in total defense as the Bolts ranked second in the league in sacks and fourth in run defense. Garay enjoyed a breakout season in ’10, earning Pro Bowl alternate recognition after setting career-highs and leading the Chargers’ defensive line in tackles, sacks, tackles for loss and quarterback hits.

Todd Washington, OL
Wikipedia wrote:
On February 4, 2011, Washington was hired as assistant offensive line coach by the Baltimore Ravens.

PLAYERS RELEASED/NOT RE-SIGNED

Mike Vick, QB
Phillip Hunt, DE
Derek Landri, DT
Mike Patterson
D. Bell, OT
Dave Simms, S
Dion Lewis, RB
Trent Edwards QB
Brandon Hughes, CB
Colt Anderson, S
Daryl Tapp, DE
Kurt Coleman, S

PLAYERS TRADED

Jason Babin -> Tampa Bay, 5th round

FREE AGENCY

Matt Moore, QB; 2 year deal
Wikipedia wrote:
Moore was signed by the Dolphins on July 28, 2011 to back up Chad Henne. He switched numbers, from 3 to 8. On October 2, 2011 Moore entered the game against the Chargers in the 1st quarter after Henne went down with a shoulder injury. He completed 17 of 26 passes for 167 yards and an interception, compiling a 67.3 quarterback rating.[15] On November 6 he became the first Miami quarterback since Chad Pennington in 2008 to throw three touchdown passes in a game, in their 31-3 win over the Kansas City Chiefs. He repeated that feat in week 11, blowing out the Bills 35-8, and had the highest QB rating of the week. In 2012 he was announced as the Dolphin's 2011-2012 season MVP.

Eben Britton, OT/G; 3 year deal
Wikipedia wrote:
In an effort to rebuild their offensive line, the Jaguars selected Eugene Monroe and Britton with their first two picks. While Monroe is ought to occupy the left tackle spot, Britton was expected to compete with Tony Pashos for the starting nod at right tackle.[6] On August 1, 2009, the Jaguars signed Britton to a four-year deal worth approximately $4.6 million that includes $2.83 million guaranteed.[7] Britton was named the starting right tackle prior to the final preseason game. Pashos was moved to right guard as a result. After the final preseason game, Pashos was released and Britton was listed as the starting right tackle.

Rick-Jean Francois, DE/DT;2 year deal/b]
Wikipedia wrote:
Jean-Francois was selected on April 26, 2009 as a 7th round draft pick for the 49ers. In recent times Jean-Francois has become famous among 49er fans for his "Peanut Butter Jelly Dance"

[b]Brad Jones, LB; 1 year deal

Wikipedia wrote:
He was drafted by the Packers in the seventh round of the 2009 NFL Draft, and was forced into a starting role during the 2009 season after a season ending injury to Linebacker/Defensive End Aaron Kampman. Although taken in a lower round and didn't have many of the qualities expected for an NFL linebacker, Jones surprised many with a high degree of productive quality, producing four sacks and holding his own for the remainder of the season. His work ethic and moral standards are also thought very highly of with the Packer's coaching staff.

James Butler, S; 2 year deal
Wikipedia wrote:
Jerald Sherrod Martin (born October 12, 1984) is an American football safety for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Panthers in the second round (59th overall) of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Troy.

Aubrayo Franklin, NT; 1 year deal
Wikipedia wrote:
On March 3, 2007, Aubrayo Franklin signed with the San Francisco 49ers, reuniting himself with Coach Mike Nolan, who was his defensive coordinator in Baltimore. In his first season with the team, he played in 14 games recording a career high 26 tackles

Chris Carr, CB
Wikipedia wrote:
Carr was upgraded to a starter in drills and the preseason alongside former Seattle Seahawk Josh Wilson. He began the season as a starter opposite the returning Washington. Carr was been used much less as a returner and much more on defense, having his best defensive year of his career. In 2010, Carr set a career-high in tackles (61) and tied a previous career high set in 2009 with two interceptions

PLAYERS RE-SIGNED

Nnamdi Asomugha, CB[paycut]
Jason Peters, OT[paycut]
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB; 5 year deal

NFL DRAFT

1.7 // Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
WalterFootball.com wrote:
The NFL is always in need of franchise left tackles who can be relied on to protect quarterbacks - who are vital starters. Joeckel is a prospect who could fit that demand. Assuming he stays healthy, he will enter the NFL with three or four years of starting experience. The junior is a well-rounded blocker who has been prepared well for the next level.

2.7 // Chase Thomas, LB, Stanford
If you're looking for a pro comparison, Thomas' game is similar to Chicago Bears rookie Shea McClellin and Packers outside linebacker Clay Matthews. Thomas is a dangerous edge rusher who has a knack for producing sack-fumbles. He is quick off the snap with good athleticism to dodge linemen and get to the quarterback.

3.7 // Shawn Williams, S, Georgia
[quote="nfldraftscout.com"While his partner in the deep patrol -- free safety Bacarri Rambo -- gets most of the headlines due to his ball skills (eight INTs last season), Williams is also an accomplished pass thief (four INTs last year), a more consistent open field tackler and is highly regarded by the coaching staff for his selfless play, toughness and versatility.[/quote]

4.7 // Marquess Wilson, WR, Washington State
Wilson is a big receiver who has outstanding hands and body control. He has good concentration that allows him to make a lot of tough catches over defensive backs. Wilson fights for the ball and is quite familiar with making contested catches. He uses his height to his advantage and is a good red-zone weapon.

5.7 // Josh Evans, FS, Florida
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
A versatile safety prospect, can man either safety spot. He's got good size, very good speed, good ball skills and will make very quick breaks on the ball. He's a good tackler, but sometimes get over aggresive and whiff on a big. He kind of reminds me of a Dashon Goldon type player or a smaller Kerry Rhodes, good project safety.

5.17 // Oscar Johnson, RT/OG, Louisiana Tech
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
A big mauler type offensive lineman prospect; probably a better fit at offensive guard, but with some work to his feet could maybe be RT. He's strong, very good at the point of attack, moves decently well for a man his size and can really lay the hammer on the defense.

6.7 // Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern State
yardbarker.com wrote:
Small-School prospects must be phenomenal to get a look at the next level. Meet Brandon Williams of Division II, Missouri Southern State (MIAA). Williams had a productive true-freshman year in 2008, then missed 2009 with a medical red-shirt, bounced back and had monster years in 2010 and 2011 which garnered him All-American honors from multiple outlets at the end of both respected seasons. Already after 4 games this season, Williams has recorded 30 tkls; 7 tfls; 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles.

6.24 // Collin Klein, QB, Kansas State
examiner.com wrote:
Klein is a very good athlete. He has very good length and height for the position. The first thing that jumps out at you on his game film is his overall toughness and poise in the pocket. He has good pocket awareness and the foot quickness to avoid defenders rushing at him. He has very good leadership qualities and the ability to carry his team on his shoulders to bring them from behind. He has an awkward throwing motion, but arm is strong enough to make all of the throws.

7.15 // Josh Hill, TE, Idaho State
nfldraftscout.com wrote:
Hill played in all 11 games for the Bengals in his junior season, starting 10. He was second on the team in receptions with 48 and he caught for 407 yards on the season. Hill was an all-conference honorable mention and was named to the Big Sky All-Academic team.

QB - Nick Foles, Matt Moore, Collin Klein
RB - LeSean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Chris Polk
FB - Stanley Havilli

WR - DeSean Jackson, Riley Cooper
WR - Jeremy Maclin, Marquess Wilson
WR - Jason Avant, Damarius Johnson
TE - Brent Celek, Clay Harbor, Josh Hill

LT - Jason Peters, Luke Joeckel
LG - Todd Herremans, Oscar Johnson
C - Jason Kecle
RG - Evan Mathis, Danny Wastekins
RT - Eben Britton, Dennis Kelly

DE - Fletcher Cox, Cedric Thorton
NT - Aubrayo Franklin, Brandon Williams
DE - Cullen Jenkins, Ricky Jean-Francois

ROLB - Trent Cole, Vinny Curry
ILB - Mychal Kendricks, Casey Matthews
ILB - DeMeco Ryans, Brad Jones
LOLB - Chase Thomas, Brandon Graham

CB - Nnamdi Asomugah, Curtis Marsh
CB - Dominqiue Rodgers-Cromartie, Chris Carr
CB - Brandon Boykin
S - Nate Allen, Josh Evans
S - James Butler, Shawn Williams

Last edited by Remixxxxxxx on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 7 times in total
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like how you got rid of Phillip Hunt. He is just having a down year. Give him time.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the the corey williams pick up and curry

i like the draft to.

but the two things that make me hate this is jon gruden and gholston

props to deadpulse
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

i like the draft to.

I feel like you will be in the majority about Gruden, I just think he's a great fit here. We have upper management to spend the money, and we already have enough talent for him to succeed.

I think getting Gholston there is a steal, the kid has potential through the roof, good against the run, can develop his pass rushing moves. He doesn't need to be forced into action and can learn from one of the better pass rushers and run defenders at the position in Trent Cole.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

i like the draft to.

I feel like you will be in the majority about Gruden, I just think he's a great fit here. We have upper management to spend the money, and we already have enough talent for him to succeed.

I think getting Gholston there is a steal, the kid has potential through the roof, good against the run, can develop his pass rushing moves. He doesn't need to be forced into action and can learn from one of the better pass rushers and run defenders at the position in Trent Cole.

gruden might be good but i feel all his success was by taking a premade team to the superbowl then slowing dragging them into the dirt.

and i hate gholston because of his personality. he might be real good but i dont like him.

props to deadpulse
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

i like the draft to.

gruden might be good but i feel all his success was by taking a premade team to the superbowl then slowing dragging them into the dirt.

and i hate gholston because of his personality. he might be real good but i dont like him.

I think both are very good points, you won't catch an argument from me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh not a Gruden fan.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
willy_law

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Andre Smith signing even though i think he resigns.
Love Eric Reid and surprisingly really like the Collin Klien signing as well.

Overall a solid draft

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want our next coach to be a defensive guy.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't think Gruden would want Starship 7 on his squad???

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Meh not a Gruden fan.

Me neither (of the John variety) - having his brother as a HC might be an interesting idea

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
I don't like how you got rid of Phillip Hunt. He is just having a down year. Give him time.

Can't have a down year if you never had an up year.

Couple of players I don't get why we would just cut them.

Overall a solid draft, no complains there.

So so on the Jon Gruden hiring, rest is good, not sure Mel Tucker is going to get fired.

Why would Mathis get moved to RG and not Herremans?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You don't think Gruden would want Starship 7 on his squad???

I don't really think it matters what the next coach thinks, if they go 6-10 Ron Mexico is done.

Quote:
Why would Mathis get moved to RG and not Herremans?

I got it mixed up, it's supposed to be the other way around.

It seems like the only thing people don't like is - I did consider Todd Bowles for HC and Hue Jackson for OC, but I think Bowles ends up in Jacksonville or San Diego.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I'd be surprised to see is Jay Gruden and Mel Tucker making lateral moves

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you did here.

I'm just not sure if Gruden wouldn't want to bring in a couple WRs or his own QB...I think he liked what he saw from Foles in the QB camp show he does. I just don't think he'll risk another coaching gig with Foles, Matt Moore and Klein.

I love some of the defensive additions...Curry, Reid, Gholston...Kenny Tate is intriguing I wonder could he play in a 34 OLB? I say that because if he's stout enough (and maybe add 15-20) I could see him playing there. 6'4 guys rarely have the hips to play safety. Not saying we will play a 34.

Seantrel is a junior I believe? And I doubt he's ready to jump into the nfl granted he might do it. Being drafted this low may light a fire in him he has that type of ability. The way he's headed I think he'll be a supplemental draft pick before an actual draft selection. I've seen the kid work out first hand, he has the physical tools he just reminds me too much of shawn andrews.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: