Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Lotulelei
Manti Te'o
Jarvis Jones

If Raiders are picking top 3, you gotta believe one of those players will be a Raider in 2013. Anyone one of them can fit into a 4-3 or 3-4... I'm hoping Raiders move to a 34 next season.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

The rumors I am reading say Seymour is done already and just waiting on his release. The guys who have the best chance of being back next year for us are:

Shaggnessey
Houston
Bryant
Bilukidi

Almost all are backups or fringe starters. I could see Carter brought back one more year as a rotational guy and Vet leadership role on DL.

From?

As far as our dline for next year

DE - Houston, Crawford and maybe Shaughnessy if he's willing to settle for a back up contract. Tollefson can go and no one would notice.
DT - Bryant, Bilukidi.

Help wanted.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

The rumors I am reading say Seymour is done already and just waiting on his release. The guys who have the best chance of being back next year for us are:

Shaggnessey
Houston
Bryant
Bilukidi

Almost all are backups or fringe starters. I could see Carter brought back one more year as a rotational guy and Vet leadership role on DL.

From?

DE - Houston, Crawford and maybe Shaughnessy if he's willing to settle for a back up contract. Tollefson can go and no one would notice.
DT - Bryant, Bilukidi.

Help wanted.

Yeah I REALLY wish people would cite sources when delivering info like that.....

And to the latter of your post, I absolutely agree. Give me Star, Hankins, Moore... someone on that line. We need it badly.

PM sig requests.
Willis666

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big board:

Star
Warmack (If he wasn't a guard, could potentially be top pick)
Jockel
Teo (if we trade down)
Pozzi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a huge man crush on Louis Nix. Hope he declares.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well when I played madden 11 and 12 and do FA and the draft ( my fav part) bc I like to scout players and find the "A" potential players anyways for 2013 draft I put our needs would be DT aging Kelly and big rich CB because scrabble is gone and OLB Curry is gone. And now maybe RoRo gone too so

DT
Lb
Cb

I would like to get Star or Jones
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been blown away with Start to be honest. I'm not against taking him, I just really pray it works out. We CANNOT miss on this pick. period.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Shaggnessey
Houston
Bryant
Bilukidi

From?

DT - Bryant, Bilukidi.

Help wanted.

Yeah I REALLY wish people would cite sources when delivering info like that.....

And to the latter of your post, I absolutely agree. Give me Star, Hankins, Moore... someone on that line. We need it badly.

It was from Victor Cotto retweeted by EastBaySports last night. Sorry figured most of you follow the twitter threads.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
I haven't been blown away with Start to be honest. I'm not against taking him, I just really pray it works out. We CANNOT miss on this pick. period.

Completely agree. That is why I want to go with a player with no health questions at all. What good is a pass rushing demon if his back only hold up for a couple of years?

DT is arguably one of our biggest weaknesses with Sey and Kelly most likely being shipped out. Bilukidi is looking nice, and Bryant is serviceable, but neither should hold us back from taking one of the best players in the draft in Star. The guy is as strong as they come, quick for a DT... etc. My problems with Stat are that I wish he would be more violent with his hands and for his tackling to be cleaned up. Those are both VERY coachable factors. I want Star above any prospect in this draft, but if he is gone by the time we pick, I want to go with Moore or Jockel. Moore is the best pass rusher in the draft at DE, and is better against the run than Werner. He also plays and shows up against much better competition than Werner. None of that has to do with the fact he is "german". And Jockel is perhaps the safest player in the draft. He is a natural LT that can do it. Any 3 on the Raiders next year would make me a very happy fan.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107240/article/manti-teo-of-notre-dame-projects-as-longterm-linebacker-in-nfl

This article confirms for me he is not a top 10 pick.
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pozzi wrote:
I have a huge man crush on Louis Nix. Hope he declares.

+1 He's going to be a stud.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Star Lotulelei
Manti Te'o
Jarvis Jones

If Raiders are picking top 3, you gotta believe one of those players will be a Raider in 2013. Anyone one of them can fit into a 4-3 or 3-4... I'm hoping Raiders move to a 34 next season.

Why would we take an inside linebacker top three that needs to be in a 3-4 to be successful? He's not a great athlete, he doesn't have sideline to sideline range, and has trouble getting off blocks when his great defensive line doesn't keep him clean.

If we take Manti Te'o top five I will lose all faith in Reggie McKenzie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Shaggnessey
Houston
Bryant
Bilukidi

From?

DT - Bryant, Bilukidi.

Help wanted.

It was from Victor Cotto retweeted by EastBaySports last night. Sorry figured most of you follow the twitter threads.

Right on and thanks. I don't do Twitter so I don't know anything said on there.

PM sig requests.
Chali21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
Star Lotulelei
Manti Te'o
Jarvis Jones

Why would we take an inside linebacker top three that needs to be in a 3-4 to be successful? He's not a great athlete, he doesn't have sideline to sideline range, and has trouble getting off blocks when his great defensive line doesn't keep him clean.

If we take Manti Te'o top five I will lose all faith in Reggie McKenzie.

What if we trade to the 15 range?
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of where we are picking Te'o still doesn't fit into our scheme. He's an average athlete and lacks sideline to sideline range. I honestly don't think he'd be much better than Rolando McClain in our defense to be completely honest.

Manti Te'o needs to be in a 3-4 playing behind a defensive line that can keep him clean. If he's not, I have a hard time seeing him being a good player in the NFL.

Honestly if ESPN didn't run the story about his tragic loses and Notre Dame would have lost a couple games this year I doubt anyone would be proclaiming he was worth a top ten pick.

Te'o is the third best prospect playing on the Notre Dame defense but because he plays linebacker, is the "leader" of the defense, and has a great story ESPN loves him and gives him a ton of exposure. Notre Dame is a historic program and because he was a part of the team that brought the program back to national relevance the media makes him out to be the greatest linebacker to ever play college football, which he isn't.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 66 of 100

Jump to: