Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Totty wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Former LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu is declaring for the draft. How far would he have to drop for you to want him? Or who says we stay away from him entirely.

I wouldn't mind taking a 7th round on him but that's about it. He made plays but dude is pretty tiny. Wasn't he only like 5'7" or something?

So was Bob Sanders. I would take a flyer on the guy in the 6th round.

The only part of this I don't like is that we don't have the 'Ray Lewis' type of leadership in ou locker room to keep a guy like Mathieu in check.

Yet......

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd pick him (Mathieu). That doesn't seem like a big problem (at least to me). He WOULD be in Cali, though. Janoris Jenkins is working out alright for St. Louis though thus far and if we can pick him with a mid rounder like a 4th then I'd go for it.

Same here. A 4th is an acceptable risk for him IMO. He is undersized and has been out of football for a year, but the guy was a big time playmaker and has a nose for the football. We havent had anyone like that in our secondary since Charles Woodson. I have no issue with gamble on a player with some Mary Jane issues who has proven gamebreaking skills and plays with fire and intensity.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Darkness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
I'd pick him (Mathieu). That doesn't seem like a big problem (at least to me). He WOULD be in Cali, though. Janoris Jenkins is working out alright for St. Louis though thus far and if we can pick him with a mid rounder like a 4th then I'd go for it.

Same here. A 4th is an acceptable risk for him IMO. He is undersized and has been out of football for a year, but the guy was a big time playmaker and has a nose for the football. We havent had anyone like that in our secondary since Charles Woodson. I have no issue with gamble on a player with some Mary Jane issues who has proven gamebreaking skills and plays with fire and intensity.

A 4th's too high of a gamble. A 6th or 7th would be more appropriate for a nickel CB with his issues.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

A 4th's too high of a gamble. A 6th or 7th would be more appropriate for a nickel CB with his issues.

I think it really depends on who we get with our 1st and 3rd, and who is available when we pick in the 4th. Even as a nickle CB, he provides good upside. He is good against the run and would likely be good at going against shifty slot WRs in the NFL. The dude has mad instincts, I would love to have a guy like that on our team. Doesnt mean I think we will use a 4th on him, but depending on how things pan out in FA and the first couple rounds I wouldnt be against it.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Totty wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
NickButera wrote:
Former LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu is declaring for the draft. How far would he have to drop for you to want him? Or who says we stay away from him entirely.

I wouldn't mind taking a 7th round on him but that's about it. He made plays but dude is pretty tiny. Wasn't he only like 5'7" or something?

So was Bob Sanders. I would take a flyer on the guy in the 6th round.

The only part of this I don't like is that we don't have the 'Ray Lewis' type of leadership in ou locker room to keep a guy like Mathieu in check.

Yet......

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys didn't know Manti Te'o is the greatest prospect in the history of the NFL draft.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
If you guys didn't know Manti Te'o is the greatest prospect in the history of the NFL draft.

Oh zip it. Just having some fun w/ S&B.

Te'o will be a nice NFL player. He's not my first choice. But you could do worse than him in the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Te'o will be a nice NFL player. He's not my first choice. But you could do worse than him in the draft.

Bingo. Mingo.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

My post wasn't directed toward you just the entire board in general that is for some reason obsessed with Te'o as a prospect because they watch ESPN. He's the third best defensive prospect on his own team yet people want us to use a top five pick on him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Star is off the board I really hope we take a look at Sheldon Richardson.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we get expansion draft rules applied for us? Or maybe the whole league skips the 1st round and we grab our top 32 first? Then maybe we will be able to field a team next year...
Willis666

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

I've been reading in the draft forum that Richardson isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. If Star is off the board then I really hope that the pick is Hankins or a trade down.
ch8878

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis666 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

I've been reading in the draft forum that Richardson isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. If Star is off the board then I really hope that the pick is Hankins or a trade down.

Both trade down and Hankins some people like Hankins more.

They may go OT though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Willis666 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Both trade down and Hankins some people like Hankins more.

They may go OT though.

Hell I wouldn't mind a OT at all. Both lines have to be fixed, and I'm sick and tired of the turnstiles that we have put at RT for years. How would you feel if the Raiders traded down and picked up a OG such as Warmack or Jones?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 57 of 100

Jump to: