Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
jpp had like one sack the year he was drafted, I think mingo gets off the snap like elite pass rusher. He reminds me of Von miller. There's always a risk but a big part of being a elite dline man is measurables and a motor on top of that he shows pass rushing moves on tape, I see a inside move, a ok spin move and a kam wimbley dip with a ok bull rush. I don't focus on college stats but he looks like a beast to me.

Or 6.5 sacks his last year. Where do you people come with these numbers? You guys just throw things out.

JPP was can't miss. Mingo has no technique. He's dominated by strong lineman. He'd be a waste. I like Jarvis Jones too, but his injury at USC does scare me.
Here are the scouting reports JPP
http://www.nfldraftgeek.com/jpp.html
Quote:
Cons-Extremely inexperienced, only 1 year of D-1 football after transferring from JUCO
Awful against the run
Does not have very good upper or lower body strength
Does not shed blockers quick enough, and gets shut down against double teams
Technically is not close to polished, hand placement, and pad level are poor
Has potential to bust
All the same stuff said about mingo
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010jpierrepaul.php
Quote:
Seems disinterested against the run
A little too finesse - needs to be more aggressive
Doesn't willingly engage double teams
Hands are a work in progress
Slow to disengage
Could play with a lower pad level
Very raw and inexperienced
Could get a little stronger
Occasionally disappears in games

So Can't miss really? There draft reports are nearly identical.

Do you have any proof to back up your statements?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean any disrespect, but did you just quote Walter Football when trying to make a point?? Usually that's done for the opposite.. just saying. The guy is an absolute moron.

PM sig requests.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S7A5OokkZo

Here is a video of Mingo, imagine this guy with NFL strength training and rushing from outside...............YES give me that.

Viewing these clips with an open mind I see some potential in that he is long limbed and athletic but IMO he plays too high and lacks the initial burst of top pass rushers. Seeing as he is very light for his height and would have to add maybe 20 pounds at NFL level that is not going to make him any quicker. Looks like a 400m runner in a 100m race is how I would describe him.

That's not to say he can't improve but he's definately not a day 1 starter and definately not someone we should entertain picking. If a team like the Giants, Bears pick him up he has potential to be decent in a couple of years IMHO.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S7A5OokkZo

Here is a video of Mingo, imagine this guy with NFL strength training and rushing from outside...............YES give me that.

Viewing these clips with an open mind I see some potential in that he is long limbed and athletic but IMO he plays too high and lacks the initial burst of top pass rushers. Seeing as he is very light for his height and would have to add maybe 20 pounds at NFL level that is not going to make him any quicker. Looks like a 400m runner in a 100m race is how I would describe him.

That's not to say he can't improve but he's definately not a day 1 starter and definately not someone we should entertain picking. If a team like the Giants, Bears pick him up he has potential to be decent in a couple of years IMHO.
I see burst, but i agree he is light but he is the same size as Clay Matheews, Von Miller, and DeMarcus Ware when they were drafted. I agree with everything else though.

IMO he is a linebacker for a 3-4 defense which we have toyed with this year. And he could rush on 3rd downs a full time rusher to be deployed from different spots.

Just look at our draft our best first round picks the last 9 years, DHB and Dmac, guys who needed work but turned in solid players(injuries aside).

I don't want a Olineman(but i will accept it) or a pass rusher, RB, or DT without elite measurables, and i don't want any none pass rushing LB or CB's in the first round not worth it.

I could go for QB or Pass rusher, i like Mingo because Jarvis is only athletically above average and his medical is sketchy, i would love a QB but that's it for me. A olineman's impact is negligible and we are using a ZBS so we probably won't be getting lineman early.

My guy in this draft is Mingo.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like the look of Mingo in that video at all. Far to lightweight for a 4-3 DE. I'd have to see what his combine numbers will be to get a better idea of where he could play.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any elite safeties in this draft? Move Huff to CB, draft someone to play FS and sign derek Cox. Profit.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Are there any elite safeties in this draft? Move Huff to CB, draft someone to play FS and sign derek Cox. Profit.

Haven't heard of any worth picking around when we're gonna be OTC. Then again, I don't follow that closely.

bungleodeon wrote:
Sorry, it's Tuesday and that means I drink.
Raidin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Why would we do that? He's not looked great at corner.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Why would we do that? He's not looked great at corner.

He's had a couple good games. Last week I thought he did a really good job. I guess we'll see how he does the rest of the season but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day and I don't see any better options unless we draft a rook who can start from day one, or some camp body tears it up.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do some research and you'll find Willis runs a 4.51 40 and Teo runs a 4.54. Willis is so much faster and athletic. Give me a break.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like Pass rush and Secondary should come first. Our run D, outside of two (terrible) games has actually been decent, so I feel like this scheme, over time will solve the problems, especially once Kellys undisciplined butt is out of here. Secondary on the other hand, needs to be overhauled, and a great pass rush will improve it no matter who is back there. So those are my two most important areas to address heading into this off season.

at RB, I'd like to see Stewart get some more reps and see what he is al about.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Do some research and you'll find Willis runs a 4.51 40 and Teo runs a 4.54. Willis is so much faster and athletic. Give me a break.

Quote:
Linebacker Patrick Willis wowed scouts with a 4.37 40-yard dash during Mississippi's Pro Day. Willis, already a first round lock, could see his stock rise even further after this performance. He'll be given serious consideration by some teams in the top ten spots on draft day.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/03/patrick-willis-runs-437-40-yard-dash.html

im a huge pat willis fan. teo is good but pat is one of a kind. pat played a whole year in college with one hand and still tackled everything and everybody. some guys can barely tackle with two hands. he is the ideal mlb imo.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Quote:
Linebacker Patrick Willis wowed scouts with a 4.37 40-yard dash during Mississippi's Pro Day. Willis, already a first round lock, could see his stock rise even further after this performance. He'll be given serious consideration by some teams in the top ten spots on draft day.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/03/patrick-willis-runs-437-40-yard-dash.html

im a huge pat willis fan. teo is good but pat is one of a kind. pat played a whole year in college with one hand and still tackled everything and everybody. some guys can barely tackle with two hands. he is the ideal mlb imo.

I'm surprised you are not in love with Teo given your infatuation with Rey Rey. They're both wild Samoans lol
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Bjorn Werner??

I've only seen him on some highlight clips and the opposition didn't look great but he looks to have a great motor, good initial acceleration off the snap and solid tackler. We could maybe do with a bit of Teutonic efficiency
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

Quote:

I'm surprised you are not in love with Teo given your infatuation with Rey Rey. They're both wild Samoans lol

not this year we have bigger needs. imo he isnt as explosive as Rey. Teo has a real smooth game he makes it look effortless. Rey was just a wild beast. Teo is a more complete mlb coming out of college compared to rey.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 42 of 100

Jump to: