Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Is anybody on board with taking a QB in the 1st? Either Glennon or Geno?
Wouldn't mind Glennon in the second if he doesn't get drafted by then....and if we acquire a second. I'd much rather spend it on defense though, he needs a bit of work with reads and his accuracy is up and down.

2nd round?! I would draft Glennon with the 3rd overall pick. He has everything you want in a traditional pocket passing QB, Arm Strength, Accuracy, Pocket Awareness, Throws Receivers Open. He can get rattled at times which leads to the accuracy issue you mentioned but I don't think that is a big deal, It's not like he is Jake Locker out there. I wouldn't start him in 2013 even though he is probably ready, I would let him learn the playbook and try to fix the line and add another weapon before feeding him to the wolves.

His 57% completion percentage this year is exactly what you look for in a traditional pocket passing quarterback. Aren't you the same guy that said Dennis Allen should be fired?

But hey, what do we know? We're just simpletons to him Laughing

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye 2013 Draft thread 1.0. Crying or Very sad

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigMike1b wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Tacos wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Is anybody on board with taking a QB in the 1st? Either Glennon or Geno?
Wouldn't mind Glennon in the second if he doesn't get drafted by then....and if we acquire a second. I'd much rather spend it on defense though, he needs a bit of work with reads and his accuracy is up and down.

2nd round?! I would draft Glennon with the 3rd overall pick. He has everything you want in a traditional pocket passing QB, Arm Strength, Accuracy, Pocket Awareness, Throws Receivers Open. He can get rattled at times which leads to the accuracy issue you mentioned but I don't think that is a big deal, It's not like he is Jake Locker out there. I wouldn't start him in 2013 even though he is probably ready, I would let him learn the playbook and try to fix the line and add another weapon before feeding him to the wolves.

His 57% completion percentage this year is exactly what you look for in a traditional pocket passing quarterback. Aren't you the same guy that said Dennis Allen should be fired?

But hey, what do we know? We're just simpletons to him Laughing

You guys really are...

His WR's have been notoriously bad with drops this year, I dont think anyone keeps college wr drop stats but if they did NC State would be near the top.
http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-football-ncaa/2012/10/28/3568026/nc-state-drops-unc-2012

next time you have a half hour watch these games. you will see his accuracy isn't a problem, he routinely hits his WR's in stride and even throws them open.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXPb3WoNvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=682RFNg_DN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObunrSCZiTU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we know that we are picking between 3-5 we know that McK will do 1 of 2 things: Pick where we are or trade down.

2 things spring to mind when you consider this:

1. What selection of players will he choose from if he uses the high pick? It's likely that Geno Smith will be gone and I can't see another QB being picked that high. I can't see a DB being picked that high, although Dee Milliner is a good player, the value just isn't there and same goes for non-pass rushing LBs (Teo) and interior lineman (Warmack). I might be wrong, but I just can't see it happening.
That leaves - Joeckel, Star, Werner, Moore and Jones IMO as realistic options. Would you be satisfied with one of the above? Are there anymore realistic options? Would you be unhappy with any of them.

2. What teams, if any, would be willing to be trade partners with us? The ideal would be the Rams with their 2 first-rounders. Will they do this though given that the position they will be looking at - LT has several pretty good options (Lewan, Matthews) that could be had where they already are?

I'd be interested to see what people thought about the above.
Tacos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:

His WR's have been notoriously bad with drops this year, I dont think anyone keeps college wr drop stats but if they did NC State would be near the top.
http://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-football-ncaa/2012/10/28/3568026/nc-state-drops-unc-2012
It's how he plays under pressure that bothers me, I know you've already kind of addressed that but it still bothers me. I also think he needs to work on making reads a bit.

We have too poor of a defense to draft a QB at 3, if we trade down and acquire multiple picks and get him mid first, I don't know, maybe that would be okay. Moore, Star, Werner, and maybe even Jones could really help this team. I know QB's are important but having a top 5 QB didn't help New Orleans much this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
Now we know that we are picking between 3-5 we know that McK will do 1 of 2 things: Pick where we are or trade down.

1. What selection of players will he choose from if he uses the high pick? It's likely that Geno Smith will be gone and I can't see another QB being picked that high. I can't see a DB being picked that high, although Dee Milliner is a good player, the value just isn't there and same goes for non-pass rushing LBs (Teo) and interior lineman (Warmack). I might be wrong, but I just can't see it happening.
That leaves - Joeckel, Star, Werner, Moore and Jones IMO as realistic options. Would you be satisfied with one of the above? Are there anymore realistic options? Would you be unhappy with any of them.

2. What teams, if any, would be willing to be trade partners with us? The ideal would be the Rams with their 2 first-rounders. Will they do this though given that the position they will be looking at - LT has several pretty good options (Lewan, Matthews) that could be had where they already are?

I'd love to get those two firsts from STL but don't see it happening. I wouldn't mind any of the picks you mentioned, aside from Joeckel because we need help on D more than O. I certainly wouldn't be mad at getting him, I just really want to go defense this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you all are ready for a new draft thread.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
reddevil wrote:

I'd love to get those two firsts from STL but don't see it happening. I wouldn't mind any of the picks you mentioned, aside from Joeckel because we need help on D more than O. I certainly wouldn't be mad at getting him, I just really want to go defense this year.

I agree with all. Also SF might be a trade partner. They have a lot of depth currently and a lot of picks.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Tacos wrote:
reddevil wrote:

I agree with all. Also SF might be a trade partner. They have a lot of depth currently and a lot of picks.

A 3-4 team would love to get Star. Pitt will kill for him.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Tacos wrote:
reddevil wrote:

Ya that makes SF even better fit. Sopoaga is good but probably the weakest starter they have on D. Not to metion Star could move outside for them if he doesnt work out at NT or if a DE gets injured for instance like J. Smith has been.
bitty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
bitty wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Tacos wrote:
reddevil wrote:

Ya that makes SF even better fit. Sopoaga is good but probably the weakest starter they have on D. Not to metion Star could move outside for them if he doesnt work out at NT or if a DE gets injured for instance like J. Smith has been.
SF will be picking in the late 20s it may cost them too much to trade into the top three.
Pitt will be drafting at the 14 spot it will cost a lot less to move up. Hopefully a first a second and a third round pick.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
bitty wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Tacos wrote:
reddevil wrote:

SF will be picking in the late 20s it may cost them too much to trade into the top three.
Pitt will be drafting at the 14 spot it will cost a lot less to move up. Hopefully a first a second and a third round pick.

I agree. But the logic here is SF has more picks than they can use. Guys in the 3rd round are not even going to make their roster as depth more than likely. They have 11 draft picks coming up. PIT has a lot more holes to fill and less picks.
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Goodbye 2013 Draft thread 1.0. Crying or Very sad

Wasn't planning on locking it for a while longer, but since everyone seems to be expecting it, and we've got a new draft thread going on already, probably best to move on to a 2.0!

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: