Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Sack of the Game - Bradford's Fault?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Final Sack of the Game - Bradford's Fault? Reply with quote

At the time of the play, watching it, I questioned whether some were fair in placing the blame on Bradford for "taking" the sack. After reviewing, I stand by my statement. Here are some pics:

What I'm attempting to highlight here is that there are 37 seconds on the game clock when the play starts

Vernon has beaten his man and has a hold of Bradford, there are 36 seconds on the game clock when this happens

There are 35 seconds on the game clock and Austin Pettis is open for an easy first

The point here is this, Bradford didn't take a sack, our OTs were soundly beaten on the play. Richardson was beaten off the edge by Wake so Bradford did what a QB is supposed to do, he stepped up in the pocket so Richardson could ride Wake past him. The issue here is that Hunter was dominated off the snap by Vernon, was bull-rushed backwards and had his hands knocked down by Vernon on a nice counter move. So when Bradford stepped up to avoid Wake and buy time, he stepped right into where Vernon was breaking free.

Mind you this all happened in 1 to 2 seconds. If the OL had held up for 2 to 2.5 seconds, we would have had an easy first to Pettis.

So my verdict is that on this play, the sack isn't Bradford's fault. He did what he could on a play where both OTs were beaten soundly. This wasn't a case of the QB holding the ball too long, this was just a case of the OL being outplayed.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, he didn't even have a chance to set to throw the ball away...

Special Teams is what killed us yesterday....

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Agreed, he didn't even have a chance to set to throw the ball away...

Special Teams is what killed us yesterday....
I thin I would put most of it on Penalties. We were not focused and sharp and kept shooting ourselves in the foot.
Special Teamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penalties, Brit Miller, and Greg Zeurlein cost us the game.

The Dolphins got an easy 3 points on that stupid play by Miller on the return.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special Teamer wrote:

Im sorry, what are you people talking about?

The guy is only really responsible for one of those misses. He should have hit the 37 yarder, thats on him.

The 52 yarder was clearly blown by the wind, and had Ojinnaka not completely whiffed fot that Sack it possibly hangs on if he is kicking from 45 instead of 52. and the last is a 66 yard attempt.

Dont be settling for FGs and we wouldnt have the oppurtunity for misses from those length.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penalties were a big factor yesterday, can't write that off like you said...

However, I still think poor ST play was the biggest factor...

1. GZ's 37-yard miss. (Can't fault him for the other two FGs, as they are a 50/50 shot at best anyway)

2. Britt Miller's fumble

Those two plays stand out, but just in general ST wasn't nearly as crisp as it has been (tackling, coverage, etc.)

IDOG_det on the sig...
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

1. GZ's 37-yard miss. (Can't fault him for the other two FGs, as they are a 50/50 shot at best anyway)

2. Britt Miller's fumble

Those two plays stand out, but just in general ST wasn't nearly as crisp as it has been (tackling, coverage, etc.)
Yea, I actually forgot about that play, When you factor that in it was definitely Special Teams that get a big 'ol F on the report card.

Overall, with things like that, along with the bad penalties, we just werent playing a sound game. We need to fix that if we want to win on the road.
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate our O-line... It's the worst thing ever =\
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

2. Britt Miller's fumble

Dont forget the successful fake punt to milk another couple min along with field position. Granted it was the defense that was on the field but that still counts as ST. Its tough to defend but you have to be better aware and prepared for that fake on 4th and 1 at midfield in that situation.

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

2. Britt Miller's fumble

Dont forget the successful fake punt to milk another couple min along with field position. Granted it was the defense that was on the field but that still counts as ST. Its tough to defend but you have to be better aware and prepared for that fake on 4th and 1 at midfield in that situation.

Right on, that was another game changer. That one completely slipped my mind...

IDOG_det on the sig...
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that we had to win that game was crazy..
We played undisciplined.

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
The fact that we had to win that game was crazy..
We played undisciplined.

The scary thing is... Despite all of the mistakes and poor play at times, the performance overall I would say was pretty good actually... Brian Hartline didnt have a single catch, Reggie was held to under 20 yards, Bradford had arguably his best game and the running game was also its best so far especially considering it was against that stout Miami run defense. If you look at and compare the stats without knowing the score you would think the Gold Horns blew them out.

It is amazing how much impact a few plays can have... I would say out of everything that was frustrating yesterday... Red zone offense... Must... Get... Better...

1. Amari Cooper
2. Brandon Scherff
3. Todd Gurley
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than 2 key areas we played a very good game down in Miami.

I know the conventional "RedZone" is inside the 20, but in the past few years many have redefined it to inside the 30 with the new offensive age we play in. And by those standards we were 1-5 in the Redzone, with 2 FGs. If we convert one other redzone possession into a TD we win that game.

And then the Bone head mistakes. We dont know how not committing alot of the dumb penalties would have exactly changed the game, but you know they would have. If Janoris doesnt fall asleep they still might put in that TD, but it would have been more difficult.

But I KNOW if Britt Miller doesnt make the dumbest play of the day, they dont get the ball right there and get the 3 points that end up as the difference in the game.
Special Teamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Special Teamer wrote:

Im sorry, what are you people talking about?

The guy is only really responsible for one of those misses. He should have hit the 37 yarder, thats on him.

The 52 yarder was clearly blown by the wind, and had Ojinnaka not completely whiffed fot that Sack it possibly hangs on if he is kicking from 45 instead of 52. and the last is a 66 yard attempt.

Dont be settling for FGs and we wouldnt have the oppurtunity for misses from those length.

I'm talking about the shorter one he missed.

3 points. We lost by 3....

Brit Miller, another 3 points.

Those two things....? I don't understand the confusion. He missed a shorter field goal. And the wind is an excuse? Wind is an element of the game. You take it into consideration when you kick. Ya, I'm not saying we lost this game because of him or that he did an awful job. But because he missed those 2 kicks, the outcome was different. The 66 yarder impressed me if anything. He got it there.
RamRod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Greg just as much as the next guy, but you can't deny that the 37 yard FG he missed didn't hurt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: