Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garbage
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
We deserved to lose after that pathetic display on the 1 yard line, running BLOUNT... 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!! Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Exactly. For all the mistakes we made in the game this was the one that broke our backs and cant happen if you want to win games. I mean seriously. That last drive would have been for the winning FG had we scored here. Someone should have just stood up in the post game press conference and been like, "Hey Greg Schiano, it was obvious you didnt want to win the game with those 4 plays at the 1 yard line, by your pathetic play calling and personnel. Why was that? Actually you know what, SCREW YOU!" Then just walk out.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
BuczNGator5 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
Crappy call or not, it's still a loss. It was a good effort, but once again we just couldn't pull it out. Props to both teams for giving their all. 2 weeks in a row Free has shown he can play ball in this league, let's hope he can take this momentum and run with it.

It sucks that we lost, but for both teams, it's just the beginning. We've played some tough teams and have been in everyone. I'm still holding out hope for a playoff push.
I wouldn't hold my breath. We'd have to win 8 of the last 10 games to have a chance, and that's not gonna happen. Only thing I'm hoping for is that come April we are in position to draft a stud, that we wouldn't have had a chance to get if we won this game lol. Like a couple years back, as great as that Matt Bryant 63 yard FG was. If he misses that FG, we get the #2 pick in the draft and Calvin Johnson is a Buccaneer.

Alright hear me out here:

@Minnesota (Beatable team, they have improved for sure, but we can beat them)
@Oakland (Very beatable team)
San Diego (Beatable team)
@Carolina (Unlucky team that is no pushover, but still beatable)
Atlanta (A win is unlikely, however, they've benefitted from a pretty soft schedule so far. I think/hope we can maybe get 1 game on them this year)
@Denver (Denver in December will be tough, but maybe if it's snowing we might surprisingly have the advantage. Manning isn't too great in when facing the elements)
Philadelphia (We could totally blow them out if we're prepared this week.)
@New Orleans (We'll be out for blood Twisted Evil )
St. Louis (Another underrated team, but another beatable team)
@Atlanta (If we could get just one of two we might be in good shape)

We've got our easiest 4-game stretch coming up. If we can keep putting it together more, we could be 6-4, probably more like 5-5. Once we get a little momentum going, it'll be interesting to see how this team performs.

But I do understand I am quite an optimist. I agree with everybody else that we're a year away. But it's not even funny how close we are to being a good team. Get that d-line healthy and improve the secondary and we'll be contending for awhile. Hopefully these past 2.5 games for Freeman haven't been flukes. He's reminding me a lot more of 2010 Freeman than 2011 Freeman, but he still needs to work out some kinks.

With how we cant seem to finish games this year and the easier part of our schedule being the middle, then beginning and the hardest yet to come, 9 - 7 best case scenario.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

I thought that when I went back and watched it again. Does the pocket extend back that far?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^For all my years being a bucs, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a game deciding call go in our favor. Just the opposite.

Sure that's not the reason we lost as Blount not punching it in from the 1 hurts. But I still think freeman was inside the pocket as Williams was pushed out.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
BBando wrote:

I thought that when I went back and watched it again. Does the pocket extend back that far?

Yes it does

Quote:
Section 24 Pocket Area
The Pocket Area applies from the normal tackle position on each side of the center and extends backwards to
the offensive teamís own end line.-NFL Rule Book

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
^^For all my years being a bucs, I'm not sure if I've ever seen a game deciding call go in our favor. Just the opposite.

Sure that's not the reason we lost as Blount not punching it in from the 1 hurts. But I still think freeman was inside the pocket as Williams was pushed out.
I can only think of one game the last ten years or so where we had a favorable call. It was like back in '08 or '07 when the Lions came to Tampa and Roy Williams caught a TD pass in the back of the endzone and was ruled incomplete b/c his knee didn't appear to be in bounds. We ended up winning by 4, but the refs blew that call. Other then that, Tampa hasn't been getting love with the calls. You can go back as far as the Dungy vs Gruden MNF "leaping" crap.

But yeah, looking ahead our schedule is hard. I will be shocked if we win more than 7 games this year. Our CB play this year has been bad and every team on there other then the Vikings and Rams are pass-happy. I'll be okay with a 6-10 or 5-11 record this year. Should get a top notch talent on the DL or CB and hopefully maybe get a stud TE(Eifert) or slot WR(Austin) in round 2.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I can only think of one game the last ten years or so where we had a favorable call. It was like back in '08 or '07 when the Lions came to Tampa and Roy Williams caught a TD pass in the back of the endzone and was ruled incomplete b/c his knee didn't appear to be in bounds. We ended up winning by 4, but the refs blew that call. Other then that, Tampa hasn't been getting love with the calls. You can go back as far as the Dungy vs Gruden MNF "leaping" crap.

But yeah, looking ahead our schedule is hard. I will be shocked if we win more than 7 games this year. Our CB play this year has been bad and every team on there other then the Vikings and Rams are pass-happy. I'll be okay with a 6-10 or 5-11 record this year. Should get a top notch talent on the DL or CB and hopefully maybe get a stud TE(Eifert) or slot WR(Austin) in round 2.

I thought that was a TE. Like an old, veteran TE.

Anywho, yeah. I say 7-9 is our absolute best case scenario. But five or six wins is probably more likely.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
Diesel00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though we are 2-4 I think we have improved on both Offense and Defense. I still think that the 2nd half of the year will be really fun to watch. I think we can and will go 5-3. The Offense has looked great since the bye week. I know we have went against bad teams, not sure how bad the KC defense is though. Our WR's are playing big time. I am glad to see Matin get out on the edge as well. Freeman looks more comfortable in the Offense as well. As for the defense they had a bad game but think they are coming along nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just rewatched the game....smh...it's tough losing these close ones but man is our team improved so much...

Freeman is really starting to get it, that 2nd touchdown to V-Jax was a beauty. Recognized coverage, zipped it into a tight spot...Ohhhhhewwwwwweeee got me smiling there

Our play calling inside the 5 though? SMHHHHHHHHHH.....3 straight runs w/Blount then a PA pass with 1, just 1 guy going out?! ugh

Tons of 3 men rushes vs Brees....why?

ugh, we shoulda had this one boys. But man is our future finally bright

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
just rewatched the game....smh...it's tough losing these close ones but man is our team improved so much...

Freeman is really starting to get it, that 2nd touchdown to V-Jax was a beauty. Recognized coverage, zipped it into a tight spot...Ohhhhhewwwwwweeee got me smiling there

Our play calling inside the 5 though? SMHHHHHHHHHH.....3 straight runs w/Blount then a PA pass with 1, just 1 guy going out?! ugh

Actually, the playcalling inside the five, throughout the year, has been very good. That one was terrible, yes, but the overall make up, Sullivan has done a good job.

On that drive, well, I saw the 1st, 2nd and 3rd down runs. There was a hole on each of them, 2 of them a clear hole, on 2nd and 3rd down and Blount didn't follow Lorig, who actually cleared a path for a TD. He's just got bad vision and no acceleration from the backfield. Just hard to watch as the defense didn't stop the bucs on that goaline stand. It was just Blounts inability to read, run, and hit the correct hole.

Martin would have walked in the endzone, in my opinion because he's mentally and physically the better runner.
5nick5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

Actually, the playcalling inside the five, throughout the year, has been very good. That one was terrible, yes, but the overall make up, Sullivan has done a good job.

On that drive, well, I saw the 1st, 2nd and 3rd down runs. There was a hole on each of them, 2 of them a clear hole, on 2nd and 3rd down and Blount didn't follow Lorig, who actually cleared a path for a TD. He's just got bad vision and no acceleration from the backfield. Just hard to watch as the defense didn't stop the bucs on that goaline stand. It was just Blounts inability to read, run, and hit the correct hole.

Martin would have walked in the endzone, in my opinion because he's mentally and physically the better runner.

I don't see why we didn't put Martin in there. I get Blount for maybe 2 downs, but it gets to a point where he just isn't getting it done and you have to put somebody else down there. I guarantee Martin would've gotten in there. Oh well, coulda shoulda woulda.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

I think a lot people get the wrong idea about Blount (not directed at you R&P, just since we are on the topic)....

he's never been a good short yardage back, he hits the hole slowly and soft. Once he reaches the second level though, he is one the of most dangerous guys in the league. He just seems to hit the hole soft and indecisively unless its big enough to fit a car through, it also takes him a little bit to reach top speed. His open field ability is nasty and he does stuff that a 250 back simply shouldn't, and him at full speed is a tough take down. But I don't see the advantage of throwing him in there when we only need a few yards, his ability is just not effective there (I feel if we had both Joseph and Nicks he would be a lot more productive, the holes they would open up for him.... Shocked)

It just seems like most people see a 250 back and say wow he must be a useful goal line option, not at all....
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He also doesn't find the running lanes very well either. To me he's not dangerous unless the line opens up a hive gap right in frot of him.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

I think a lot people get the wrong idea about Blount (not directed at you R&P, just since we are on the topic)....

he's never been a good short yardage back, he hits the hole slowly and soft. Once he reaches the second level though, he is one the of most dangerous guys in the league. He just seems to hit the hole soft and indecisively unless its big enough to fit a car through, it also takes him a little bit to reach top speed. His open field ability is nasty and he does stuff that a 250 back simply shouldn't, and him at full speed is a tough take down. But I don't see the advantage of throwing him in there when we only need a few yards, his ability is just not effective there (I feel if we had both Joseph and Nicks he would be a lot more productive, the holes they would open up for him.... Shocked)

It just seems like most people see a 250 back and say wow he must be a useful goal line option, not at all....

Really?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: