Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we see this josh freeman every week bc ten were only a few pieces and another year of experience away from contending. On defense we need a pass rusher and CBs. Biggers is not good. Too soft. Wright is a #2. The rest of our DBS are bad. But I've said it at the beginning. We need a pass rush. Losing Clayborn hurts so hopefully bowers comes back
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I hope we see this josh freeman every week bc ten were only a few pieces and another year of experience away from contending. On defense we need a pass rusher and CBs. Biggers is not good. Too soft. Wright is a #2. The rest of our DBS are bad. But I've said it at the beginning. We need a pass rush. Losing Clayborn hurts so hopefully bowers comes back

I hope you mean the rest of our DBs as in the rest of our corners. I've been very happy with our safety play.

Overall I think this game mimics our season so far and likely the rest of it. We can't put a team away and it will continue to cost us close games which luckily, all of our games have been. I think we're likely looking at a top 15 pick, despite not necessarily being a bad team.

I think they finally figured out the offense, but we desperately need Clayborn and Bowers both healthy and in the lineup. We desperately need a #1 corner. Davin Joseph would also really help our running game.

I still question a lot of play calls, but I do think they've improved over time. I just think we're a year away from really being there.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a horrible way to end the game. The rule seems a strange one. What if you're running down field, you don't know the QB has left the pocket and you get lit up by a DB? Doesn't seem to fit with the NFL's player safety emphasis.

On the bright side, we are so much better than last year. We are a pass defence away from being a playoff team.
BuczNGator5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Matt Ryan and Vick in fantasy, and both had bye weeks this week. I picked up Freeman this morning and started him. What a fantasy week he had. Him and Vjax killed it for me this week. Also had Chris Johnson, those 3 players alone got me 90 points. You can say I did ok this week lol.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo I am still pissed off.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I hope you mean the rest of our DBs as in the rest of our corners. I've been very happy with our safety play.

Overall I think this game mimics our season so far and likely the rest of it. We can't put a team away and it will continue to cost us close games which luckily, all of our games have been. I think we're likely looking at a top 15 pick, despite not necessarily being a bad team.

I think they finally figured out the offense, but we desperately need Clayborn and Bowers both healthy and in the lineup. We desperately need a #1 corner. Davin Joseph would also really help our running game.

I still question a lot of play calls, but I do think they've improved over time. I just think we're a year away from really being there.

The OC's play calling is developing as is the rest of the offense. I think Sully is understanding the value of passing to set up the run in this league. Freeman is more comfortable in the offensive scheme and the results are there.

On defense. without good CB play, I just don't see the reason to rush 3 men and hope to get off the field with an elite QB. I understand the need to mix things up, but I counted three times they rushed three on third down and Brees got the first down.

The mental mistakes on both sides of the ball, have just been killers.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We deserved to lose after that pathetic display on the 1 yard line, running BLOUNT... 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!! Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the way Freeman played today. IMO some people were really grasping to make him look bad, hope he continues to prove people wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also. The play before the last. When Freeman hit VJ in the back of the endzone. Underwood was WIDE open on a slant. Would have been an easy TD.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
We deserved to lose after that pathetic display on the 1 yard line, running BLOUNT... 3 TIMES IN A ROW!!! Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

All 3 right up the middle, too. At least with Martin we have a threat to run it outside...
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Also. The play before the last. When Freeman hit VJ in the back of the endzone. Underwood was WIDE open on a slant. Would have been an easy TD.

You also could say VJ needs to be more aware and be a few more inches away from the sideline and get his feet in.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:

With 12 seconds left and 0 TOs left, making any throw before the goal line is risky so I see why Freeman didn't feel comfortable taking that risk.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

All 3 right up the middle, too. At least with Martin we have a threat to run it outside...

Blount has got to be the weakest and softest 250 lb rb I've seen in a long time. That is why he's not a starter. Martin should have been in there.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya...that loss really put us behind. If we would of won we would of been at .500...not were 2 games away from..

I see us ending 6-10....were young and dont really know how to close out games(Gaints) or stay consistent(today against Saints)

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuczNGator5 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
Crappy call or not, it's still a loss. It was a good effort, but once again we just couldn't pull it out. Props to both teams for giving their all. 2 weeks in a row Free has shown he can play ball in this league, let's hope he can take this momentum and run with it.

It sucks that we lost, but for both teams, it's just the beginning. We've played some tough teams and have been in everyone. I'm still holding out hope for a playoff push.
I wouldn't hold my breath. We'd have to win 8 of the last 10 games to have a chance, and that's not gonna happen. Only thing I'm hoping for is that come April we are in position to draft a stud, that we wouldn't have had a chance to get if we won this game lol. Like a couple years back, as great as that Matt Bryant 63 yard FG was. If he misses that FG, we get the #2 pick in the draft and Calvin Johnson is a Buccaneer.

Alright hear me out here:

@Minnesota (Beatable team, they have improved for sure, but we can beat them)
@Oakland (Very beatable team)
San Diego (Beatable team)
@Carolina (Unlucky team that is no pushover, but still beatable)
Atlanta (A win is unlikely, however, they've benefitted from a pretty soft schedule so far. I think/hope we can maybe get 1 game on them this year)
@Denver (Denver in December will be tough, but maybe if it's snowing we might surprisingly have the advantage. Manning isn't too great in when facing the elements)
Philadelphia (We could totally blow them out if we're prepared this week.)
@New Orleans (We'll be out for blood Twisted Evil )
St. Louis (Another underrated team, but another beatable team)
@Atlanta (If we could get just one of two we might be in good shape)

We've got our easiest 4-game stretch coming up. If we can keep putting it together more, we could be 6-4, probably more like 5-5. Once we get a little momentum going, it'll be interesting to see how this team performs.

But I do understand I am quite an optimist. I agree with everybody else that we're a year away. But it's not even funny how close we are to being a good team. Get that d-line healthy and improve the secondary and we'll be contending for awhile. Hopefully these past 2.5 games for Freeman haven't been flukes. He's reminding me a lot more of 2010 Freeman than 2011 Freeman, but he still needs to work out some kinks.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23

Jump to: