Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Week 7: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Reply with quote

Throwback game in the cream uniforms. But, I think this could potentially be a big game for Doug Martin and Blount.

Quote:
Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo thinks the Saints' bigger problem is giving up big chunks of yardage on the ground. "We’ve had 172 run plays [and] 20 of them account for half of our yardage given up," said Spagnuolo on Monday. "We’ve given up 800-plus yards and half of that yardage has come on 20 plays. We talked about that this morning as a defense. We’re not that far off, and yet you can’t allow those explosive plays because they lead to bad things."

New Orleans have a bad pass defense too. Really interested to see how we attack them offensively. We could play Schiano ball and run/control the clock and keep Brees off the field if they can't stop the nose bleed. They get Vilma back but to be honest he isn't the same player he once was.

On the flipside, without Talib who knows what our DB's will look like against the Saints. We need Gerald McCoy to be dominant this game in the pass rush department.

I got us winning this game in a close one.

27-24
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about this one...

We suck at stopping the pass and are great against the run
They suck at running the ball and are elite in the air...

guess what happens next?
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
BBando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be my last time going to Raymond James. Crying or Very sad

garbage
Buccskis TDskis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like OP said controlling the clock will be critical if we are to win this game. The less Brees is on the field the less chance he has of shredding us through the air.

Everyone has been killin the Saints defense so I like the trend to continue.

I think Tampa can win this game to get to .500 , lets go Buccs.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think we are winning this one

the saints are alot better than their record

i hope our Offensive strategy continues from last game
and our defense stays the same

CB has to be our biggest need
i wouldnt care if we drafted CB's in round 1 AND 2 in next years draft
Talib should be traded...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

guess what happens next?

It sounds that simple but realistically Brees isn't that great when he doesn't have the run game keeping defenses honest, and I feel much better about match ups now that we have Barber and Barron manning the S positions to cover for RBs and Graham.

They are obviously still a threat but the last time we took away the Saints running game (last year) we picked off Brees 3 times.

We just need to stick to last week's gameplan. Air it out and keep a good mix with the running game. Hopefully we shut down their running attack and force a few turnovers.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

guess what happens next?

That's what I'm afraid of too. I wouldn't be surprised if they only ran the ball 10 times and threw it 50+ times.

On the flip side, Free has been pretty good the last six quarters, sans a few bounce passes. And Sully is calling better plays, allowing our RBs to actually have a chance (except the toss to Blount. I will NEVER EVER understand that.).

We could be looking at a good ol' fashioned shoot out. First team to 30 wins.

Our defensive line MUST create pressure. They have to. 'Cause if Brees gets four seconds or more every time he drops back we're effed. No way around it. The defensive line needs to step up or we need to see some exotic blitzes... preferrably ones that don't involve safeties.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:

guess what happens next?

It sounds that simple but realistically Brees isn't that great when he doesn't have the run game keeping defenses honest, and I feel much better about match ups now that we have Barber and Barron manning the S positions to cover for RBs and Graham.

They are obviously still a threat but the last time we took away the Saints running game (last year) we picked off Brees 3 times.

We just need to stick to last week's gameplan. Air it out and keep a good mix with the running game. Hopefully we shut down their running attack and force a few turnovers.
I wonder, how many people actually watch the Saints before spewing information? Their offensive line has played REALLY bad for Brees this year. I know our secondary isn't the greatest but Brees hasn't had to time this year to dissect teams in years passed.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Brees throwing for 400 yards in this one. They can't run, and we're excellent at stopping the run, so it should be an airshow. I still think we can win, but Brees will certainly put up some numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool would it be if we ended Brees' TD streak. We've only allowed four TD passes this year, good for a tie for the best in the league.

Adopt-a-Buc Lavonte David 12 Games | 133 Tackles (16 for loss) | 1 Sack | 4 PDs | 3 FFs | 1 FR
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a feeling we get this one...The Saints really aren't close to the same team as they are under Payton. We beat them last year at home, and I think we do it again this sunday....

And boy i love that it's our creamsicles...

did you guys know that we got our first win in the history of our franchise against the saints? Little fun fact, and perfect game to bust out the Creams.

We are 1-2 in them, first win coming against GB in 2009. Since we have lost the last two(both to division foes) Hopefully we can not only get to .500 as a team, but also in the Creamies this weekend...

I'll have a preview up later this week Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always get extra jacked up for division games!

If our offense can be as balanced as they were last week we should have no problem putting points up on the board. Saints are a one dimensional team offensively, we stop the run and they can't run... question is can we come up with a scheme to slow them down through the air?

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Atlanta to lose just as much as I want us to win. Very Happy We need to establish ourselves as second in the division (at .500 Laughing). Atlanta has shown soooooo many weaknesses. I can't wait for the team that finally exploits 'em and shows the blueprint for how to beat 'em.

DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a good thing going in our safety rotation right now. Barber, Barron and Black are all making plays. We are going to need them to bring it on Sunday.

Brees loves those seam routes. He is going to challenge us all day long. If these three can limit the big plays we stand a fighting chance.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Buccaneer4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not worried about our D in this game, but our offense needs to play like they did last week in order to win this game. Clock management and scoring TD's not FG's is the key. We always play the Saints tough. Guna be a good game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 1 of 23

Jump to: