Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft hypothetical
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omegaxla49

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: 2013 Draft hypothetical Reply with quote

So say we make it to the AFC championship (which don't bash me but I think may be a stretch. It won't be easy) we end up at 29 or 30th over all in the draft. Who are you willing to trade up for?

jonnyj20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt. Manti Te;o

And I would maybe consider trading up for Eric Reid or TJ McDonald depending on how much it would cost us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

And I would maybe consider trading up for Eric Reid or TJ McDonald depending on how much it would cost us.

Absolutely 1,000% agree!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truthfully, I only trade up for Te'o if he's dropping like a stone. Alec Ogletree can be had end of Round 1, IMO, and he's going to be good. Just needs to get his head on straight.

I would trade up for a wide receiver, personally.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:

Love the priorities. An impact MLB or Safety would elevate our defense tremendously.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Truthfully, I only trade up for Te'o if he's dropping like a stone. Alec Ogletree can be had end of Round 1, IMO, and he's going to be good. Just needs to get his head on straight.

I don't agree here. Not denying that we need a WR, however I think another Eric Decker would be a perfect fit to replace Stokley. Thomas, Decker and another Decker like player. Look for a receiver on day two in my opinion.

Personally would trade up for Teo or another top class MLB. Possibly a Nose Tackle as well. Think we are serviceable everywhere else so would be happy to go BPA outside of that.

Fify.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

I don't agree here. Not denying that we need a WR, however I think another Eric Decker would be a perfect fit to replace Stokley. Thomas, Decker and another Decker like player. Look for a receiver on day two in my opinion.

Personally would trade up for Teo or another top class MLB. Possibly a Nose Tackle as well. Think we are serviceable everywhere else so would be happy to go BPA outside of that.

Eric Decker is NOT a slot receiver. He will not be one after Stokley at all. If we had a dynamic receiving option, we'd be next level. Think all the good offenses and the players they have.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

Love the priorities. An impact MLB or Safety would elevate our defense tremendously.

^^^^

What he said.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our two biggest needs are MLB and WR.

Realistic guys who I could see us getting are Manti Te'o, Eric Reid, TJ McDonald, Alec Ogletree, Robert Woods Woods, Tavon Austin, Kawann Short, and Bennie Logan.

If we were going OL I absolutely love Chance Warmack and I like Jake Matthews and to a lesser extent DJ Fluker. I wouldn't want Fluker in the first however.

Those are all guys I've watched and read up on and think they could really help us out.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
Cruzp23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 2 biggest needs have to be MLB and Safety Mike adams is a bum and frustrates me sooo badly! i personally wouldnt mind DJ being moved inside and going after a Safety if there is a good 1 to be had

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of those who make a case for going after a safety high... what about Q once he comes back? With Moore improved and Carter hopefully resuming play at his playoff level, we'd already have an apt safety duo. No need to draft this position in the first few rounds.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Adams isn't that bad at all. In fact, I think he has done a good job in man coverage on TE's this year. Antonio Gates got the better of him; big deal, he is a HOF TE.

We still need a complete DE, a difference making TE and of course a 3 down Linebacker before we need a new Safety. And yeh - a slot WR wouldn't be a bad idea.

MUFC OK
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Mike Adams isn't that bad at all. In fact, I think he has done a good job in man coverage on TE's this year. Antonio Gates got the better of him; big deal, he is a HOF TE.

We still need a complete DE, a difference making TE and of course a 3 down Linebacker before we need a new Safety. And yeh - a slot WR wouldn't be a bad idea.

Eifert?

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Eifert?

Can't say I know a great deal about College Football to be honest. I don't get in from Soccer until 6pm and then I am normally out at my girlfriends or out in Town, so I don't watch any College Football at the moment.

I actually meant to put difference making DT to be honest! Embarassed

MUFC OK
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DE is a need. Hunter is above 30 and coming off injury. At this juncture does anyone see Denver signing Ayers to a new contract? Would Ayers want to stay as a rotation player? He may feel change of scenery could rejuvenate his game.
We need a DT and DE as well as a WR and MLB. These should be our first four picks. I just dont see this team drafting TE high in the draft with the investment in Driessen and Tame.
We can address OL later in the draft and free agency.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: