Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears cut former 1st round pick OL Williams, Sign CB Bowman
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
He plays tackle yes?

Is he any better than Demetress Bell or King Dunlap? Laughing

He was cut from the Bears. You are asking a man dying of thirst if he has any gatorade.

Well if the Bears O-lineman are dying of thirst, then the Eagles line is hungover from a binge drinking mission on the sun with not a drop of anything to drink.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Just some clarification - drafted as a LT, also played RT but most recent played guard. Never great at any of them.

Oh, and:

@BradBiggs
Quote:

Former #Bears OT Chris Williams expects to be on plane tonight to visit possible new team. Deciding on multiple offers.

Looks like he'll have another job pretty soon. He does have experience across the line and has looked decent at times.

Well....that was fast.

I think he still has potential as a Lt. He's got natural athleticism, maybe he just needs to be in the right scheme with the right coaches. Philly makes sense to me and I'm not surprised he's getting offers.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
I think he still has potential as a Lt. He's got natural athleticism, maybe he just needs to be in the right scheme with the right coaches. Philly makes sense to me and I'm not surprised he's getting offers.

Shocked You don't say...
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
He plays tackle yes?

Is it bad that that was my first thought aswell Laughing

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
Just some clarification - drafted as a LT, also played RT but most recent played guard. Never great at any of them.

Is somewhat attractive because of experience playing multiple positions but not a great starting option.

Pretty sure he was playing some center too... failed in all the positions despite been drafted 14th overall, too bad.

He got reps as a center in practice but he was awful at snapping. CW isn't awful, but he's not a starting LT at all. At this point he's best as a swing tackle.
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
He plays tackle yes?

There's 4 potential guys he could replace on the Eagles, or he could force Herremans back inside. Our center situation is really bad, though I know that's not his position. Tackle is extremely average, okay in pass blocking but not getting any push in the run game. Watkins has been a bust so far, Mathis has fell off a cliff. Herremans is okay at tackle but better suited for guard.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChiSportsFan wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:

Is somewhat attractive because of experience playing multiple positions but not a great starting option.

Pretty sure he was playing some center too... failed in all the positions despite been drafted 14th overall, too bad.

He got reps as a center in practice but he was awful at snapping. CW isn't awful, but he's not a starting LT at all. At this point he's best as a swing tackle.

I would say he was most serviceable at LG. But he might be able to play LT...

Last edited by TheVillain112 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Babylon wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
He plays tackle yes?

He was cut from the Bears. You are asking a man dying of thirst if he has any gatorade.

Well if the Bears O-lineman are dying of thirst, then the Eagles line is hungover from a binge drinking mission on the sun with not a drop of anything to drink.

I have had this argument countless times with Bears fans.

The league as a whole doesnt really have good OL play right now, fact of the matter is Jay holds the ball too long and our OL took like 95% of the blame.

Williams is ok, Tice likes bigger guys, physical specimens that he feels he can coach. Williams is relatively small by todays standards and Tice just wasnt feeling him.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be shocked if he winds up in Indy. We just cut two players and only announced signing one. He'd fit in well with our squad, whose level of play thus far puts the "offensive" in offensive line.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would hate if the Eagles gave him a try, but I doubt he's an upgrade.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind the Ravens kicking the tires. Maybe we can sign him and drop McKinnie.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashed major potential in 6 starts at LT in 2009, had given up 1 sack in 2 starts before injury in 2010, then was inexplicably replaced by Frank Omiyale and did not get his job back when he was healthy and instead was moved to LG. Played decently there for the remainder of 2010 and in 2011, until he once again was injured and was replaced by Edwin Williams. Was told he was going to compete for the starting LT job w/ Webb this offseason, it was a farce of a competition. Probably a better ZBS fit than PBS. Has always had good athleticism, is a surprisingly good RB for a guy labeled as a finesse OT coming out in the draft.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looky here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4722/chris-williams
Quote:
Free agent G/T Chris Williams will visit the Eagles on Wednesday.
Quote:
It won't be hard for Williams, a 2008 first-round pick, to find work. The Eagles have been scuffling to replace LT Jason Peters (Achilles') all season and are also thin on the interior after losing C Jason Kelce (knee). Williams has 38 career starts under his belt -- 20 at left guard.

WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
He plays tackle yes?

There's 4 potential guys he could replace on the Eagles, or he could force Herremans back inside. Our center situation is really bad, though I know that's not his position. Tackle is extremely average, okay in pass blocking but not getting any push in the run game. Watkins has been a bust so far, Mathis has fell off a cliff. Herremans is okay at tackle but better suited for guard.

I don't agree completely. Mathis and Herremans have been good if unspectacular. Reynolds is an abomination, Watkins is unreliable, and the LTs aren't worth the energy to talk about.

IMO - Eagles should sign Williams to play LG. Move Mathis to tackle. See if that works. It shouldn't be any worse than where we're at now.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
IMO - Eagles should sign Williams to play LG. Move Mathis to tackle. See if that works. It shouldn't be any worse than where we're at now.

I disagree with Mathis at tackle. If we sign Williams, maybe put him at RT and move to Herremans to LT (bench Bell/Dunlap). Or maybe Herremans to RG with Williams at RT (bench Watkins).

Current: Dunlap/Bell-Mathis-Reynolds-Watkins-Herremans

Not sure how it would work, but a change might not be a bad idea IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: