Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Holmgren domino effect Question !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
I think it is funny that the thread title is the "Holmgren Domino effect" and refers to Brandon Weeden, heck, I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility if Nix/Gailey are gone and Holmgren is a candidate to come here as a GM.
I wouldnt mind that one bit.

Come on, talk to Seattle and Cleveland about that.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. Why would we be happy to have some old hack who failed his way out of another town to come in here? Is it the name recognition alone?

This franchise should do everything possible to bring in Eric DeCosta. He was given a promotion and raise (probably) to keep him from going to other teams this past offseason but he's got to know that Ozzie Newsome isn't old enough for him to be considered a viable replacement, especially since the franchise continues to play well. He's going to be second banana for his entire career in Baltimore.

Look at teams that are doing well and steal their young talent in the front office. Who's somebody in Pittsburgh, New England, New Orleans or Green Bay's FO who has been there for years and is still young? Target them, give them an opportunity to build their own team and allow them the necessary means to make it happen.

The downside to this approach is that Ralph will never do it so maybe that's why we look at these failures with name recognition as viable options.
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:
I think it is funny that the thread title is the "Holmgren Domino effect" and refers to Brandon Weeden, heck, I don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility if Nix/Gailey are gone and Holmgren is a candidate to come here as a GM.

Give me Bill Cowher.

I wish.. And I made the title because a lot of talks on this site have been about a new Browns regime picking there "man" at QB, whether its Geno or Barkley than dealing Weeden. Which seems unlikelier by every start

I know what you meant, I just thought it was funny that the titled referred to Holmgren domino effect, and no one actually mentioned Holmgren in the thread. If I didn't read the OP, I can see how someone would think this thread would be about bringing in Holmgren.

Adopt-A-Bills:
RB C.J. Spiller - 927 yds, 4.6 ypc, 33 rec, 185 yds, 2 TD
DE/OLB Jerry Hughes - 46 tckls, 10 SCK, 2 FF
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxmw22 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
Maxmw22 wrote:

Give me Bill Cowher.

I wish.. And I made the title because a lot of talks on this site have been about a new Browns regime picking there "man" at QB, whether its Geno or Barkley than dealing Weeden. Which seems unlikelier by every start

I know what you meant, I just thought it was funny that the titled referred to Holmgren domino effect, and no one actually mentioned Holmgren in the thread. If I didn't read the OP, I can see how someone would think this thread would be about bringing in Holmgren.

Oh lol, makes sense.... Heck no to Holmgren lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: