Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Holmgren domino effect Question !!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Holmgren domino effect Question !! Reply with quote

Since Holmgren is gone and the Browns picking in Geno Smith/Matt Barkley range this upcoming draft. What would general thought pursuing Brandon Weeden if new regime gets there QB.

I'm thinking we will be picking outside of top 10 even top 15 so let's say 3rd rounder for him, and than focus round 1/2 on WR or LB..
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interested. I think he would end up being mostly just more of the same, except with a stronger arm. We already have inconsistency in Fitz and Jackson...why purposely add more?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are to go another route at QB, Weeden might not be the way to go. I would almost think that Matt Flynn could come cheaper, who knows how TJax can do, and for the first time in a while, I think I would be ok if we packaged some picks (currently or in the future) to move up to draft a franchise guy if their is one to be found.

Adopt-A-Bills:
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly dont think the browns go a new QB even with a new regime. They did weeden then mccoy the year before they need other holes to fill they might just bring in weapons for offense to help weeden gordon and richardson out. They can upgrade defense with a pass rusher as well. So geno smith barkley wont be the smart pick for them

Thanks Max
swolfdab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Sigh* The goal would be to upgrade at the QB position. Brandon Weeden is a downgrade even by our QB standards. Heck, Brandon Weeden would be #3 on the depth chart behind Fitz and Jackson at this point. I wouldn't understand that move, and I seriously doubt that it even gets talked about by anybody in the Bills organization.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
*Sigh* The goal would be to upgrade at the QB position. Brandon Weeden is a downgrade even by our QB standards. Heck, Brandon Weeden would be #3 on the depth chart behind Fitz and Jackson at this point. I wouldn't understand that move, and I seriously doubt that it even gets talked about by anybody in the Bills organization.

Weeden is a major upgrade over Fitz and Jackson IMO
swolfdab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

You have got to be kidding.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

Weeden isn't that bad come on now. I think he will stick some where and produce
swolfdab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

Weeden isn't that bad come on now. I think he will stick some where and produce

He's not completely terrible. Problem is, he's already at the tail end of his career! LOL! No, but all joking aside, Brandon Weeden isn't an upgrade in our situation. He wasn't even an upgrade in Cleveland and we have three QB's that are better than the guy he booted. So, if that doesn't put into perspective your Weeden/Bills fantasy, I don't know what else to say.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

Come on man. He is a decent rookie but he isnt even in the top 3 in his rookie class

The way I see it:

RGIII
Luck
Tannehill
Wilson
Weeden

Did you watch the Browns/Bills game a few weeks ago, he has a shot to be a solid starter but he isnt yet, and he isnt worth trading a 3rd round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Bray.. Calling it now..

Physical, raw tools..

Sit him a couple of seasons, reap the rewards in 3 years..

Dont know which team goes for it, but I think that team will be happy..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Physical, raw tools..

U think he comes out??
swolfdab

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Physical, raw tools..

Jonathan Crompton 2.0 is just another over-hyped, big-sized, live-armed prospect...

I'm not ecstatic about anything else concerning his prospects as a pro. He's uncomfortable in the pocket. His accuracy is highly inconsistent. He has absolutely no pocket mobility. I don't even think he gets drafted come April 2013.

I'm sorry, he's just not very good other than the fact that he's big with a big arm. You have to have it all to be successful at the next level, and I don't see that in Tyler Bray.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way i see it if the bills dont go for Geno Smith or Matt Barkley the bills should stick with Fitzpatrick and maybe draft a guy in the later rounds. Alot of overhyped players are coming out and as you can see the past two year only a couple are worth taking. Gabbert, Locker, and so forth havent proven they can be legit. Wilson is good because of that defense and after watching last night he is nothing special. I watch the bengals alot because of gf and friends who like them and Dalton is good because of green. He is an upgrade to fitz but again he isnt anything special. Tannehill is decent not sure about how he will be in future but defense is what is carrying him right now as well. Rg3 is the real deal he is making moves and keeping the plays alive. He just needs to be smarter and not get injured as much and his creer will be long and good, even better then Vicks could ever be. he is a smart guy which is lethal on a mobil qb.

Trading for weeden is dumb and pointless, plus he will be starter next year even with new coach they will go and get players for different positions such as a pass rusher olinemen or even another wr but qb wont be one of them. I see another trade like the rams.

Bills need to go for smith or barkley if they dont then they should go linebacker and upgrade the defense. The front 4 are good and CBs should be decent in time but the LBs are horrible they miss tackles and the run is just killing them.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I'm failing to see your logic, stating a trade for Weeden is dumb. But u will break the bank for Barkley or Geno Smith (Both of whom I will grade out lower than Luck and RG3). Barring catastrophe we will be selecting between 10-20 out of there range of Geno and Barkley.

I have watched many snaps by Weeden so far and came to the conclusion he has the tools and make up to be a solid not spectacular QB in this league. He will also have that years NFL experience which is valuable.

3rd round pick for Weeden = Dumb
2013 1st/2014 1st/2013 2nd minimum for Geno/Barkley = Ridiculous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: