Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns fire president Mike Holmgren
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
It takes a little bit of time to build a good team. Using your first round pick on a 29 year old rookie QB that isn't alredy good enough for the NFL doesn't help.

Joe Flacco is almost 28 and has 0 superbowls. What's your point? And don't tell me you feel great about your team sans Ray Ray & Webb.

My point is we stole your team and won a Super Bowl less than 5 years later? Interesting fact about Lewis and Webb, they actually play for the same franchise as the dude in the left of your sig. Why's it gotta be personal? Laughing

And that's why Jim Brown's name is in the Ravens ring of honor.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
It takes a little bit of time to build a good team. Using your first round pick on a 29 year old rookie QB that isn't alredy good enough for the NFL doesn't help.

Joe Flacco is almost 28 and has 0 superbowls. What's your point? And don't tell me you feel great about your team sans Ray Ray & Webb.
Is the fact that our quarterback who has been to 2 AFC Championship games in 4 years is actually younger than your rookie quarterback really supposed to be an argument in your favor?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

My point is we stole your team and won a Super Bowl less than 5 years later? Interesting fact about Lewis and Webb, they actually play for the same franchise as the dude in the left of your sig. Why's it gotta be personal? Laughing

You made it personal bruh. And also, Joe Flacco dates boys.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Is the fact that our quarterback who has been to 2 AFC Championship games in 4 years is actually younger than your rookie quarterback really supposed to be an argument in your favor?

So 0 superbowl wins in Flacco era right?

No really though, if you wanna say Weeden is a bad investment b/c of his age okay, but his numbers aren't showing signs that it's going to take him 4 years to understand the ropes of the NFL as a starting QB.

If you are basing it of statistics, after 6 games I would rather have Weeden than Flacco.

Flacco 1st 6 career games:
1076 yds, 2 TDs, 7 INTs

Weeden 1st 6 career games:
1519 yds, 7 TDs, 10 INTs

Last edited by NickZambo on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yes, therefore he sucks, obviously.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I am gearing my argument to the bolded statement.

Furthermore, who would you rather have?

or

Choice is pretty clear.

NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

LOL c'mon man... don't take me seriously...

BaltimoreTerp

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Won't quote because both of them are ugly as hell and no one deserves to look at their mugs more than they have to.

But towards your original point, let's just say that comparing him to Flacco's first couple of games in the NFL isn't fair. Weeden has actually looked decent, I never said otherwise. But I think we both know it's non-sensical to try to use that to try to talk trash about Flacco. The fact that Joe as a non-senior-citizen-aged rookie coming from FCS Delaware had a rough first 6 games to his career doesn't really say anything about where he ended up. And clearly, every quarterback with a better 2 TD/7 INT ratio after 6 starts has been better than Flacco. What you do then decides it all.

Also, do remind where Flacco ended up at the end of his rookie year. Because it certainly involved him turning around that TD/INT ratio and taking his team on a GW drive against the #1 seed TEN before losing in a AFCCG (14 TD/6 INT and 2 playoff wins past your arbitrary split). Hope Weeden can measure up to that, since apparently we're doing that now.

Weeden has looked decent. But trying to talk about Flacco and the Ravens? Mostly just adorable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Won't quote because both of them are ugly as hell and no one deserves to look at their mugs more than they have to.

But towards your original point, let's just say that comparing him to Flacco's first couple of games in the NFL isn't fair. Weeden has actually looked decent, I never said otherwise. But I think we both know it's non-sensical to try to use that to try to talk trash about Flacco. The fact that Joe as a non-senior-citizen-aged rookie coming from FCS Delaware had a rough first 6 games to his career. And clearly, every quarterback with a better 2 TD/7 INT ratio after 6 starts has been better than Flacco. What you do then decides it all.

Also, do remind where Flacco ended up at the end of his rookie year. Because it certainly involved him turning around that TD/INT ratio and taking his team on a GW drive against the #1 seed TEN before losing in a AFCCG. Hope Weeden can measure up to that, since apparently we're doing that now.

Weeden has looked decent. But trying to talk about Flacco and the Ravens? Mostly just adorable.

Look I am not really arguing that Flacco sucks or that Weeden has a chance to take the Browns to a AFCCG this year. But please, do yourself a favor, stop blindly taking Heath Evans & Mark Kriegel's perspective on football, watch the Browns & Weeden play before you stick up for someone who dubs him a bad investment.

On another note, it is interesting how the Ravens won a superbowl only 11 years ago AND 4 years ago their offense supposedly improved with Flacco & Rice yet they still cant get over the hump today. Maybe the NFL is just too competitive for those old guys in Baltimore. Or maybe the success of Baltimore is predicated more on their D than their o...

Last edited by NickZambo on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Can you imagine if there was a unibrowed ginger? No soul.

DawgX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Change of owners means the new owner is going to want his own guys. Holmgren was finally bringing in some talent IMO and he got the boot because of the owner change. Just bad timing.

Holmgren isn't the GM, Heckert is. Most Browns fans aren't too upset about Holmgren leaving because he's not the one bringing in the talent.

Smack on the sig.
pnies20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Furthermore, who would you rather have?

or

Choice is pretty clear.

Merica

<3 JF
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing Joe Banner in as president is a shrewd move. He did a really good job with the Eagles and I'm sure he'll get the Browns back on track soon. It'll also bring a more structured chain of command to Cleveland.

I do expect there to be some change, most likely at the HC position, since Heckert and Banner worked well together in Philly.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that he was going to retire

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
It's been a poorly kept secret that Holmgren would be gone as soon as Jimmy Haslam officially became owner. Haslam was officially voted in at the NFL owners' meeting today, so it's not a surprise.

Joe Banner has always been the expected successor to Holmgren and will probably take over immediately.

I find it funny how I said this when the new ownership took over, only to have every Brown fan mock me as if Holmegren was going to be kept around. lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: