Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns fire president Mike Holmgren
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why bad teams continue to be bad teams. The leashes are too short in this league now days and one really has to get lucky to turn a team around quickly. The Browns were on the right path imo and I think Weeden has potential. I thought he was a joke when they drafted him but the dude is making strides quickly for what he has to work with.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
The LBC wrote:
I want a new owner. Crying or Very sad

Can't be worse than Bud Adams.

Can't be worse than Woody Johnson.
DawgX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
He's done nothing to distinguish himself to keep his job, and threw away a 1st round pick on a short term gamble that backfired heavily.

Are you referring to Weeden, the QB who has played much better than average for the last 5 games?

You and I have vastly different ideas of average.

I think he came 4 yards short of the Alltime rookie yardage mark thru his first 4 games.

horrible horrible play apparently.

Your quarterbacks can throw for all the yards in the world. I'd prefer mine throw for scores, not turn it over, and help win games.

I'm guessing you haven't watched much of Weeden. In his past five games, he has a 60 CMP%, passes for about 280 YPG, has 7 TDs and 6 INTs.

I find it funny that most people who criticize Weeden haven't watched him at all or have only seen him in maybe one or two games.

Smack on the sig.
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
BigMoneysProtege wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
He's done nothing to distinguish himself to keep his job, and threw away a 1st round pick on a short term gamble that backfired heavily.

Are you referring to Weeden, the QB who has played much better than average for the last 5 games?

You and I have vastly different ideas of average.

I think he came 4 yards short of the Alltime rookie yardage mark thru his first 4 games.

horrible horrible play apparently.

Your quarterbacks can throw for all the yards in the world. I'd prefer mine throw for scores, not turn it over, and help win games.

I'm guessing you haven't watched much of Weeden. In his past five games, he has a 60 CMP%, passes for about 280 YPG, has 7 TDs and 6 INTs.

I find it funny that most people who criticize Weeden haven't watched him at all or have only seen him in maybe one or two games.

+1

<3 JF
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change of owners means the new owner is going to want his own guys. Holmgren was finally bringing in some talent IMO and he got the boot because of the owner change. Just bad timing.

Kempes on the custom sig!
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Eagles fire Andy Reid, will the Browns hire him?

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
pmk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Doubt it considering the rumors floating around about the reasons for Banner leaving Philly (not wanting to give Jackson an extension, Reid wanted to and won the power play so Banner left). Guess we'll wait and see though. More concerned to see if they keep Heckert as GM past this season. He's had a few wiffs (see Marecic, Owen) but this is easily the most young talent the Browns have had since their return.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a little bit of time to build a good team. Using your first round pick on a 29 year old rookie QB that isn't alredy good enough for the NFL doesn't help.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Not shocking at all, this should have been expected. Brandon Weeden experiment will probably come to an end if the get a top 3 pick

The Brandon Weeden experiment isn't looking so bad...

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
The 2012 draft was the biggest fail whale I've seen in recent history, so Holmgren had to go.

First, they failed to get RG3, who they as a franchise needed much more than the Redskins did. They had much better picks to trade to the Rams as the #4 would have let the Rams get all but one of Richardson, Blackmon, and Kalil, instead of the Rams getting #6 which they traded back from because the above were all gone. (I partially blame the Rams for this, because I think they had some buddy-buddy ties with the skins that kept them from seeking a better deal with the Browns).

Second, they gave up a 4th, 5th and 7th to move up one spot to take Richardson, who the Vikings certainly wouldn't have taken themselves, and who no one else was going to move up to take.

1st of all (like many of the blind contributors to this site) you do realize Tom Heckert is in charge of the draft picks, not Mike Holmgren right?

2nd, so we didn't mortgage the future to draft RG3, instead we got Trent Richardson AND Brandon Weeden.

Not to mention we have had significant contributions from:
2nd round supplimental pick, Josh Gordon our starting WR (as a rookie) & check his stats bro, he's legit.
2nd rounder Mitchel Schwartz, our starting RT.
3rd rounder John Hughes, our starting NT
4th rounder Travis Benjamin, rotation WR
6th rounder Billy Winn, our other starting NT
Not to mention that James-Michael Johnson (4th) and Trevin Wade (6th) rounders have a promising future and have shown flashes all be it just 6 games into their career.

We had 11 picks this year (after we made the trade to secure the Richardson pick)! (and the 2nd rounder next year used in the supplemental draft)

Say what you want about Holmgren being outted, but to say it's b/c of the 2012 draft is incorrect.

Last edited by NickZambo on Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Not shocking at all, this should have been expected. Brandon Weeden experiment will probably come to an end if the get a top 3 pick

Yeah... and you'd have to think that they'd be looking to trade Weeden as well if that's the case. I mean if I'm a quarterback needy team like... maybe the Eagles (assuming they finish with a record that keeps them from getting a top guy), why not trade for a guy like Weeden who's proven he can be at worse a capable option. I think a 3rd/4th round pick would probably be enough. With McCoy as a backup, no need to keep Weeden around.

Browns could then re-start their QB position by going after Geno Smith.

We have Nick Foles I would take him over Brandon Weeden every day of the week.

Good thing you have Nicky Benjamins cuz Mike Pick sucks and is overpaid. Once you actually play Foles in a non-preseason NFL game and he succeeds, call me.

NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Doubt it considering the rumors floating around about the reasons for Banner leaving Philly (not wanting to give Jackson an extension, Reid wanted to and won the power play so Banner left). Guess we'll wait and see though. More concerned to see if they keep Heckert as GM past this season. He's had a few wiffs (see Marecic, Owen) but this is easily the most young talent the Browns have had since their return.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Well played... well played

NickZambo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
It takes a little bit of time to build a good team. Using your first round pick on a 29 year old rookie QB that isn't alredy good enough for the NFL doesn't help.

Joe Flacco is almost 28 and has 0 superbowls. What's your point? And don't tell me you feel great about your team sans Ray Ray & Webb.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Joe Flacco is almost 28 and has 0 superbowls. What's your point? And don't tell me you feel great about your team sans Ray Ray & Webb.

My point is we stole your team and won a Super Bowl less than 5 years later? Interesting fact about Lewis and Webb, they actually play for the same franchise as the dude in the left of your sig. Why's it gotta be personal? Laughing

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
The LBC wrote:
I want a new owner. Crying or Very sad

Can't be worse than Bud Adams.

Can't be worse than Woody Johnson.

Game, set, match...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: