Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Alright this may be crazy but I'm trying to come up with ways I could accept Pioli back next year. I just have this fear that Hunt will not fire Pioli - a fear that scares me big time because what coach will want to come in and work with him.

However I will add the one thing I came up with that could help me with Pioli. We all know how tied Pioli was to his late round "gem" Matt Cassel. He's given Matt a supreme level of faith and patience and commitment!

Now imagine the same commitment should he take a QB #1 overall?! I want this future 1st rounder to work out and I want the organization to commit to a first round (likely #1 overall) QB completley. It it fails down the road - fine - but commit and try it. I don't want any quick triggers on our developing young franchise signal caller.

There ya go - one thing to put in a 'pro' column for Pioli if he's retained somehow.

Where I don't trust Pioli is where he has also failed in his inability to assemble a coaching staff that provides roster stability. This failure has also hurt Matt Cassel I am sure and there is a very real chance that his decisions here on out could also not be the best for a young, developing quarterback.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
EB29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Alright this may be crazy but I'm trying to come up with ways I could accept Pioli back next year. I just have this fear that Hunt will not fire Pioli - a fear that scares me big time because what coach will want to come in and work with him.

However I will add the one thing I came up with that could help me with Pioli. We all know how tied Pioli was to his late round "gem" Matt Cassel. He's given Matt a supreme level of faith and patience and commitment!

Now imagine the same commitment should he take a QB #1 overall?! I want this future 1st rounder to work out and I want the organization to commit to a first round (likely #1 overall) QB completley. It it fails down the road - fine - but commit and try it. I don't want any quick triggers on our developing young franchise signal caller.

There ya go - one thing to put in a 'pro' column for Pioli if he's retained somehow.

What if Pioli tries to tell us our new QB needs time to learn and that Cassel is a better option to win right now with and sits him in the bench for a year or two? What if we draft another DE and give Stanzi three years so Pioli can say he found another gem?

I want this mother gone !

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

Where I don't trust Pioli is where he has also failed in his inability to assemble a coaching staff that provides roster stability. This failure has also hurt Matt Cassel I am sure and there is a very real chance that his decisions here on out could also not be the best for a young, developing quarterback.

This is a good point and if we look at the staff's he assembled in his 4 years - I wouldn't trust any of them with our prized rookie QBotF. Valid concern and a big check in the 'con' column.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Arrowhead86 wrote:

What if Pioli tries to tell us our new QB needs time to learn and that Cassel is a better option to win right now with and sits him in the bench for a year or two? What if we draft another DE and give Stanzi three years so Pioli can say he found another gem?

I want this mother gone !

I have to believe there is no way Cassel returns and no way we don't go QB in the first even with Pioli.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:

This is assuming he does draft a QB Anxious

I just hope he doesn't get antsy since going this high with a QB is not something he neccessarily wants to do. If he's then not doing too great the first two years, Pioli could be like "see, told ya we shoulda stuck with Matt".

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pioli is kept then Crennel is kept.

Clark Hunt is not stupid. Neither will be retained.

It's as simple as that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another GM candidate is Brian Gardner, who's the current Director of Pro Personnel with the Texans. He's been in that role for 6 season, and during that time he's been in charge of building a pretty talented team.

Sure he's had a few very meh drafts, but one of his best was 2009, which most people regard as overall one of the worst drafts in recent memory. In that draft (his second with the team), the one where we got 2 decent players, he landed Cushing, Connor Barwin, Glover Quinn, Antoine Caldwell their C, and James Casey a very under-rated H-back. That's a heck of a draft especially considering how bad most other team's drafts were.

^ryknowssd on the sig
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Polian anybody? Just throwing out another name
jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

88, I'd be down with Polian, but in reality I'd be down with anybody who doesn't spell their name starting with a P and ending with an I.

Is Marty GM material....seems he's done everything that a GM does except own the title? He would certainly understand the relationship that must exist between the GM and HC. Wow! "Marty and The Chin"......

Sounds like a Disney movie.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
88, I'd be down with Polian, but in reality I'd be down with anybody who doesn't spell their name starting with a P and ending with an I.

Is Marty GM material....seems he's done everything that a GM does except own the title? He would certainly understand the relationship that must exist between the GM and HC. Wow! "Marty and The Chin"......

Sounds like a Disney movie.

I would prefer a young, dynamic GM that understands today's NFL landscape of player personnel and what is coming down the pipeline from college football.

I think guys like Bill Parcells and Joe Gibbs (just two examples) have shown that because the NFL is such a constantly changing environment it is harder for coaches/front office personnel that have been away from the game soo long to re-enter the fray and be successful.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
valkrei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea but everyone knows marty can build a football team. He understands football.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Yea but everyone knows marty can build a football team. He understands football.

But people have said the same thing about Parcells.

I'd be fine with Marty as an overall head of football ops kind of guy, but not as the main GM. I think Marty would be good at changing the culture, the PR, the overall franchise, but we need a GM with a strong scouting background to head up player acquisition.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:

I personally don't know why this name doesn't get thrown around more in our forums. The guy is an amazing GM and got "pooped" on in Indi. I would LOVE him in K.C.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks , his teams always had lots of holes covered up by Manning. Also drafted way too many RB's in the 1st.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
KCDiehard88 wrote:

I personally don't know why this name doesn't get thrown around more in our forums. The guy is an amazing GM and got "pooped" on in Indi. I would LOVE him in K.C.

Because while it seems like Indy has a good draft history under him at a glance, it is actually quite underwhelming. Start here and scroll to his last draft in 2011.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: