Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dcreek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their can be quite a few teams with new GMs & Head Coach in 2013.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah Chudzinski may be getting a bad rap. Most QBs go through a sophomore slump and they have other larger issues on their line, especially without Kalil.

He might be, especially when you consider he is working with the worlds biggest prima donna. I mean come on, Cam Newton makes Jay Cutler look like George Washington when it comes to leadership and how a team leader should act. Suck it up, stand up for you teammates and coaches, take some of the blame and be a leader. I said it when he came out, I'll say it again. Million dollar talent (we know this because that's what he made @ Auburn) and a 3 cent brain. He's the Randy Moss of the QB position right now. All the talent, none of the ethic.

Now I'll step off my soapbox and say, yeah. I think the competition for Cowher just got a lot hotter (not that we were ever really in it).
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting fan post from AHP that has some new ideas for GM candidates - http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/11/2/3590910/rebuilding-general-manager-candidates

Some are certainly outside the box. Tom Gamble from the 49ers is an intriguing one I hadn't heard about before.

The thought of Mayock as our GM is pretty funny. He might actually get someone to use Uhrric Burry correctly at least. Laughing

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rumless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock as GM? Not sure how to feel about this... wait wait wait... THE Mike Mayock? Draftmancer from the NFL Network? Seems like an overall bro?

Yes. YES. YES PLEASE.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric DeCosta would be an absolutely perfect hire. Can we get him out of Baltimore one year after they promoted him to assistant GM?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
Eric DeCosta would be an absolutely perfect hire. Can we get him out of Baltimore one year after they promoted him to assistant GM?

True, but he is not going to leave Baltimore. He is completely comfortable in that front office, has a great relationship with Steve Bisciotti, and is the GM in waiting when Ozzie Newsome rides off into the sunset.

I really am interesting in Marc Ross - I think we need to really make a strong push for him. DeCosta is my #1 favorite non-candidate though.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like the idea of Mayock as a GM. I definitely wouldn't have an issue if he were considered for some official consultant position (not sure he would leave his current job for that). We need someone that has the front office experience and preferably with a team that has a history of fielding a consistently competitive team that has shown the ability to build through the draft.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances of us going for Sean Payton?

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
Rumless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TambaHawk wrote:

Better question, what are the chances Benson doesn't try to resign him to a longer deal? I have to think that is unlikely.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
EB29

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Mayock seriously?

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

True, but he is not going to leave Baltimore. He is completely comfortable in that front office, has a great relationship with Steve Bisciotti, and is the GM in waiting when Ozzie Newsome rides off into the sunset.

I really am interesting in Marc Ross - I think we need to really make a strong push for him. DeCosta is my #1 favorite non-candidate though.

DeCosta almost left for Chicago last offseason. He stayed in Baltimore because they promoted him to assistant GM. I feel like if he can get a job as a GM now, with the #1 overall pick and the ability to hire whoever he wants at HC, wouldn't he rather do that than be a GM in waiting in Baltimore?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
TambaHawk wrote:

Better question, what are the chances Benson doesn't try to resign him to a longer deal? I have to think that is unlikely.

He becomes a free agent after this season. Obviously other teams will try to get him but he will pick the Saints. I hope we at least try.

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

DeCosta almost left for Chicago last offseason. He stayed in Baltimore because they promoted him to assistant GM. I feel like if he can get a job as a GM now, with the #1 overall pick and the ability to hire whoever he wants at HC, wouldn't he rather do that than be a GM in waiting in Baltimore?

Keep dreaming on DeCosta guys. I can 100% guarantee he will not be leaving Baltimore. He wasn't about to go to Chicago either. They were willing to throw cash at him but he said he wasn't leaving.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:

Keep dreaming on DeCosta guys. I can 100% guarantee he will not be leaving Baltimore. He wasn't about to go to Chicago either. They were willing to throw cash at him but he said he wasn't leaving.

ok

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this may be crazy but I'm trying to come up with ways I could accept Pioli back next year. I just have this fear that Hunt will not fire Pioli - a fear that scares me big time because what coach will want to come in and work with him.

However I will add the one thing I came up with that could help me with Pioli. We all know how tied Pioli was to his late round "gem" Matt Cassel. He's given Matt a supreme level of faith and patience and commitment!

Now imagine the same commitment should he take a QB #1 overall?! I want this future 1st rounder to work out and I want the organization to commit to a first round (likely #1 overall) QB completley. It it fails down the road - fine - but commit and try it. I don't want any quick triggers on our developing young franchise signal caller.

There ya go - one thing to put in a 'pro' column for Pioli if he's retained somehow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: