Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Candidates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are names as possible OC candidates? I am looking for realistic possibilities which would be coaches not currently serving in that role but either have the potential to move up the ladder or have coached in that role in the past.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv Turner will possibly be available as OC. I'd take him any day as an OC, and I think in general he'd be a good fit with our guys. He loves a good running game, and bigger WR's.

I also would love to target a college OC like maybe Kennedy Polamalu from USC, or Chuck Martin from Notre Dame. Guys who run a pro-style type of offense, but are of more of an attacking down field nature.

^ryknowssd on the sig
simonwayne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
I can confidently say there is a 99% chance that Scott Pioli is fired after this season.

How?

And for those putting guys have no experience yet as a HC as who they'd want for our HC, I don't see why. We've had no luck with guys who were either bad coaches in the past, or are new coaches. We need an experienced, proven coach with a good win/loss record.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the record: I'm completely on board with Bigs and the NO HC/anything statement. Only one thing good can come from it, and a bunch of bads.

I WOULD like to see an offensive minded HC, however, with a solid aggressive, down the field kinda guy ONCE we get a QB that can go down field without a golf cart taking him there.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:
I can confidently say there is a 99% chance that Scott Pioli is fired after this season.

How?

And for those putting guys have no experience yet as a HC as who they'd want for our HC, I don't see why. We've had no luck with guys who were either bad coaches in the past, or are new coaches. We need an experienced, proven coach with a good win/loss record.

Clark Hunt loves money, sure, but he is not stupid. He notices how the fans are reacting to these continuous trash performances. He notices fake stories being released about how Pioli was given an extension. He notices banners flying over the stadium that were paid for by the fans with their own money. And he notices the disconnect and sudden divorce that has been created between the players and the fans. I will bet anything and everything that Pioli is done in Kansas City after this season.

I agree with bigs here. I don't want another head coach/coordinator. I want a head coach that is going to hire good personnel and then who is going to let them do their own jobs. We have seen coach/coordinators fail miserably two times in a row with the chiefs. Both times there has been questioning about if they have too much on their plate to focus on other things. I believe that is the case and I believe it hurts the team greatly. Give me a guy who is going to hire his own coordinators and then focus on what he does best - coaching the players and managing the game and roster, not play calling.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ Ball - Green Bay Packers Vice President of Football Administration / Player Finance

Quote:
During college Ball played center with the Central Missouri Mules football team. Later Ball served as Head Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Missouri Tigers football team from 1982 to 1989.

Quote:
From there he spent ten season's with the National Football League's Kansas City Chiefs, first serving as Assistant Strength and Condition Coach, later as Administrative Assistant to the head coach.

Quote:
In 1999 he became Senior Football Administrator of the Minnesota Vikings. He became Director of Football Administration of the Washington Redskins in 2001. From 2002 to 2007 he worked with the New Orleans Saints, first as Senior Football Administrator, later as Vice President of Football Administration. He was named to his position with the Packers on February 13, 2008.

History with Missouri and was with the Chiefs when Bill Cowher was here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
The original post is confusing. We don't know that Scott Pioli will be fired after this season. And I'm not sure who I want right now other than an experienced coach and a franchise QB in this years draft.

ABSOLUTELY agree with you about a hungry yet experienced head coach and a new franchise quarterback in round 1. But I can confidently say there is a 99% chance that Scott Pioli is fired after this season.

I don't understand this. If there was a 99% chance that the Chiefs were going to fire Scott Pioli after the season, wouldn't they just fire him right now?

Maybe Clark Hunt doesn't want to deal with it until after the season, but Personally, I'd fire him right now just to get a leg up in the GM hiring search.

You can't end one season saying "I need to do my job better," and start out 1-5 the next season, saying "I need to do my job better" again. That warrants a midseason firing. Crennel should go to.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
The original post is confusing. We don't know that Scott Pioli will be fired after this season. And I'm not sure who I want right now other than an experienced coach and a franchise QB in this years draft.

ABSOLUTELY agree with you about a hungry yet experienced head coach and a new franchise quarterback in round 1. But I can confidently say there is a 99% chance that Scott Pioli is fired after this season.

I don't understand this. If there was a 99% chance that the Chiefs were going to fire Scott Pioli after the season, wouldn't they just fire him right now?

Maybe Clark Hunt doesn't want to deal with it until after the season, but Personally, I'd fire him right now just to get a leg up in the GM hiring search.

You can't end one season saying "I need to do my job better," and start out 1-5 the next season, saying "I need to do my job better" again. That warrants a midseason firing. Crennel should go to.

No not necessarily. I want Pioli and Crennel gone asap too, but when was the last time a GM was relieved midseason? That just doesn't happen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you really want to attract a big name, it might help that we show we're going to be overly patient with a FO guy. Dumping Pioli midseason seems a little extreme, and if I'm say Bill Cowher, I worry I might not get a fair shake in KC.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you think Cowher's probly wondering how he still has a job? Sure he loves the talent KC has, but the majority was already here. Look at the coaching and the QB choices.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
Don't you think Cowher's probly wondering how he still has a job? Sure he loves the talent KC has, but the majority was already here. Look at the coaching and the QB choices.

But if I was Cowher I'd expect Clark to know just a little less then nothing about football therefore I'd want him to be patient rather then impulsive. Its ok if your boss is ignorant if he's patient, not so much if he's a hot head.

^ryknowssd on the sig
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers fire their GM Marty Hurney.

I point this out because it could have some reprecussions for us. Typically a new GM means a new HC, so Rivera could be out, which means they could be open for Cowher to come in as HC with some GM powers. Cowher's home is in Carolina IIRC and was linked to them two years ago before hiring Rivera. So he could be out of the running for us.

Also I'd be all over Rivera as a DC. He knows and has had success with both 3-4 and 4-3 systems. I also think his attitude would be a welcome addition.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Panthers fire their GM Marty Hurney.

I point this out because it could have some reprecussions for us. Typically a new GM means a new HC, so Rivera could be out, which means they could be open for Cowher to come in as HC with some GM powers. Cowher's home is in Carolina IIRC and was linked to them two years ago before hiring Rivera. So he could be out of the running for us.

Also I'd be all over Rivera as a DC. He knows and has had success with both 3-4 and 4-3 systems. I also think his attitude would be a welcome addition.

Big news. I definitely would be intetested in Rivera as a DC if he ends up on the market. Unrelated, but remember what a hot name Rob Chudzinski was coming into the season based on his work with Newton? Definitely a different story this year.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Chudzinski may be getting a bad rap. Most QBs go through a sophomore slump and they have other larger issues on their line, especially without Kalil. On a somewhat similar note, if we're looking for an offensive HC I'd go for Mike McCoy from Denver. He's had some very successful offenses with a wide variety of QBs from Orton to Tebow and now Manning. Plus getting him from the Donkeys would help in two ways by hurting them in the process.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on the Marc Ross bandwagon. Giants fans definitely value Ross highly and feel it is only a matter of time before he leaves for a GM job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: