Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GM Candidates
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: GM Candidates Reply with quote

Scott Pioli will be fired after the 2012-2013 season.

Who do you target as the new General Manager?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kcchiefsdraft.com/2012/10/kansas-city-chiefs-short-list-of-gm-candidates/

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens- Vincent Newsome Director of Pro Personnel

Pittsburgh Steelers- Omar Khan Director of Football & Business Administration

Pittsburgh Steelers- Brandon Hunt Pro Personnel Coordinator

Houston Texans- Mike Maccagnan Director of College Scouting

Green Bay Packers- John Dorsey Director of Football Operations

Green Bay Packers- Brian Gutenkunst Director of College Scouting

Atlanta Falcons- David Caldwell Director of Pro Personnel

New York Giants- Marc Ross Director of College Scouting

Philadelphia Eagles- Louis Riddick Director of Pro Personnel

Tennessee Titans- Lake Dawson Vice President of Pro Personnel

Quote:
With my favorite of this group being the New York Giants Marc Ross.

New York Giants GM Jerry Reese had this to say about Ross last January:

‘‘He’s a veteran personnel guy and has been around two or three different clubs, so he’s seen how things are done differently at different places,’’ Reese said. ‘‘And he’s smart. He’s a people person, a terrific evaluator, and he’s qualified.’’

The Giants consistently make the right moves on draft day, and Ross has been a big part of the success. He has learned this trade working with different organizations throughout the years including the Giants, Bills and Eagles.

Ross had interviews set up last offseason with the Bears, Colts and Rams. So other teams have taken notice of this superstar GM prospect. Ross is young, but experienced. He isn’t tied to a certain “Way” if you will. Even if he is, the “Giants Way” is much more sound on draft day.

He has been responsible for the drafting of such players like: Jason Pierre-Paul, Brian Westbrook, Mario Manningham and Victor Cruz to name a few.

He was also the NFL’s youngest ever National Scouting Director when he was put in that position at the age of 27 by the Philadelphia Eagles.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully someone who dismantles the team and starts with a new 5-year plan! That's exactly what this city needs right now.

Hopefully he drafts a sexy young college QB that will save this franchise and lead us to the promised land. And I hope he has NO EGO because us insecure Kansas Citians don't like egotistical GM's.

Looking forward to rebuilding this thing and watching EGOLI rot in hell.

Wait. Not....

`
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cool with any of these guys. I like the way Ross was heralded - he'd be a good choice.

Also.. notice:

Tennessee Titans- Lake Dawson Vice President of Pro Personnel

that is former Chief WR Lake Dawson!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/RUSSLANDE/status/258223806353649664

Quote:
Despite rumors over weekend of Scott Pioli getting an extension, sources say KC already has a list of potential people to replace him as GM.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Holmgren is free from the Browns after the Browns are Sold.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/10/16/mike-holmgren.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a6&eref=sihp

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
Mike Holmgren is free from the Browns after the Browns are Sold.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/10/16/mike-holmgren.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a6&eref=sihp

.......Do not want.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pushing for Lake Dawson since the Charger's game (see the game thread and STILL waiting on someone to volunteer to make me a Lake Dawson Sig). He's AMBITIOUS...but from the reports here in Nashville, always humble and eager to gain an advantage. He's being groomed for the GM spot with the Titans and by all accounts he basically has a major role in all player personnel decisions. Prior to the Titans, he was a major contributor in Seattle and handled a lot of their draft decisions. He also has a good rapport with players/agents. He was influential in convincing Bud Adams that Vince Young was wrong for the team, and helped lure Hassleback from Seattle.

This past summer he was interviewed in both Chicago and StL. RUMORS in Nashville insist that Jeff Fischer really wanted him, but couldn't give him full GM responsibility. However, Lake is known here for CONSULTING WITH his coaches heavily about player decisions. That's a novel concept, huh? He will be a GM somewhere, and SOON.

Couple this with the fact that he's a former CHIEF (and one of my favorites growing up) and I'm all on board with him coming aboard. Give the guy a shot.
EB29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyChief wrote:
I've been pushing for Lake Dawson since the Charger's game (see the game thread and STILL waiting on someone to volunteer to make me a Lake Dawson Sig). He's AMBITIOUS...but from the reports here in Nashville, always humble and eager to gain an advantage. He's being groomed for the GM spot with the Titans and by all accounts he basically has a major role in all player personnel decisions. Prior to the Titans, he was a major contributor in Seattle and handled a lot of their draft decisions. He also has a good rapport with players/agents. He was influential in convincing Bud Adams that Vince Young was wrong for the team, and helped lure Hassleback from Seattle.

This past summer he was interviewed in both Chicago and StL. RUMORS in Nashville insist that Jeff Fischer really wanted him, but couldn't give him full GM responsibility. However, Lake is known here for CONSULTING WITH his coaches heavily about player decisions. That's a novel concept, huh? He will be a GM somewhere, and SOON.

Couple this with the fact that he's a former CHIEF (and one of my favorites growing up) and I'm all on board with him coming aboard. Give the guy a shot.

Alright I'm in. Sounds amazing, where do I get me one of those Luke Dawson's?

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
simonwayne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original post is confusing. We don't know that Scott Pioli will be fired after this season. And I'm not sure who I want right now other than an experienced coach and a franchise QB in this years draft.
footballfan81

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone from the ravens, giants or seahawks front office. I prefer seattle's front office.because they have killed it the past 3 drafts. Irving, wagner, wilson and guy kill piolis latest effort. They recognized qb was a weakness and attacked.it via free agency with matt flynn and the draft with wilson. They also admit mistakes such as releasing aaron curry. Late round steals like kj wright and richard sherman add to their accolades. Hire mike mccoy as head coach (im done with defensive coaches, its an offensive league) and a d coordinator with an aggressive attacking 3-4 scheme.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, very interesting topic! I am on board with Ross or Dawson!

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Eric Berry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
The original post is confusing. We don't know that Scott Pioli will be fired after this season. And I'm not sure who I want right now other than an experienced coach and a franchise QB in this years draft.

ABSOLUTELY agree with you about a hungry yet experienced head coach and a new franchise quarterback in round 1. But I can confidently say there is a 99% chance that Scott Pioli is fired after this season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Berry wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

ABSOLUTELY agree with you about a hungry yet experienced head coach and a new franchise quarterback in round 1. But I can confidently say there is a 99% chance that Scott Pioli is fired after this season.

It better be an offensive minded coach that can use our offensive talent to its fully potential (Mike McCoy). Pair him up with an aggressive 3-4 defensive coordinator (someone from Baltimore or Pittsburgh - Keith Butler comes to mind).

My dream scenario:

GM - Scott Fitterer (Seahawks director of college scouting)
Mike McCoy - Head coach / Offensive coordinator
Keith Butler - Defensive Coordinator
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footballfan81 wrote:
Eric Berry wrote:
simonwayne wrote:

It better be an offensive minded coach that can use our offensive talent to its fully potential (Mike McCoy). Pair him up with an aggressive 3-4 defensive coordinator (someone from Baltimore or Pittsburgh - Keith Butler comes to mind).

My dream scenario:

GM - Scott Fitterer (Seahawks director of college scouting)
Mike McCoy - Head coach / Offensive coordinator
Keith Butler - Defensive Coordinator

I do not want another HC/anything. I want a HC, simple as that. I know Payton and McCarthy have been successful recent HC/Playcallers, but they are traditionally not the norm. I want a HC to be a HC, like Tomlin, Coughlin, Cowher, or Harbaugh's. I think that leads to more sustained long term success.

^ryknowssd on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: