Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles fire Defensive Coordinator Juan Castillo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Wasn't he a good OL coach? If so, I'll take him here in Detroit! Laughing

He was, and he is.

He'll land on his feet as an O line coach next season, he's respected enough around the league to get a number of options.

There was a thought in our forum that if Jon Gruden returns, then Juan will join him since they were both on the Eagles staff in the late 90s.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pure scapegoat, kneejerk reaction. It shows Reid is desperate.

The ironic thing is that the defense has played much better than the offense or special teams. The only thing saving the respective coordinators is they are 'experienced' and wasn't a shock hire.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhackyPlague wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Andy will be following him in 10 weeks. Nice start to cleaning house though.

(sorry, I'm just not sold on the Eagles this year. I honestly feel the only way Andy keeps his job is if the Eagles make a deep playoff run, or obviously win the Superbowl)

I think Andy keeps his job if the Eagles finish above .500.

Whether he should keep is job is another matter.

Personally, I think Reid is gone if this team doesn't get to the NFC Championship game.

MUFC OK
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Scapegoat firing, still way over the heads.

Bingo. I like Juan Castillo, he was the ultimate scapegoat in this situation. I really hope the Eagles start losing and Reid gets canned, where the ultimate accountability lies...

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
WhackyPlague wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Andy will be following him in 10 weeks. Nice start to cleaning house though.

(sorry, I'm just not sold on the Eagles this year. I honestly feel the only way Andy keeps his job is if the Eagles make a deep playoff run, or obviously win the Superbowl)

I think Andy keeps his job if the Eagles finish above .500.

Whether he should keep is job is another matter.

Personally, I think Reid is gone if this team doesn't get to the NFC Championship game.

Agreed.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
BBIB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
This was a terrible firing - the D wasn't the issue. Going into the DET game they were averaging 16pts/game despite a QB leading the NFL in turnovers constantly putting them in tough spots. I mean they held Big Ben to 16pts at Heinz - that's very tough to do. They held Eli & Co to 17pts - again, very tough to do.

And I'll be the first to say that I mocked hte Eagles when they initially put their OL Coach as their DC but this was a terrible firing. I'm almost wondering if it wasn't Jeff trying to fire a shot at Andy Reid, letting him know he's not kidding because I can't see Andy firing Juan for what his D has done so far. Tons of turnovers, few points allowed, and plenty of bad positions overcame - one blown lead not withstanding.

Defense giving up only 16 PPG is impressive but they have the talent to be holding teams to 12-13 PPG. And it's the timing of those points. 7 blown 4th quarter leads the last 2 years. Like last in 3rd down defense in the 4th quarter since 2011.

The fact that they are that talented with a guy who hasn't coached defense since high school shows how scary they could be on defense with someone who is a lot closer to a defensive mind by nature.
WiSeIVIaN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
This was a terrible firing - the D wasn't the issue. Going into the DET game they were averaging 16pts/game despite a QB leading the NFL in turnovers constantly putting them in tough spots. I mean they held Big Ben to 16pts at Heinz - that's very tough to do. They held Eli & Co to 17pts - again, very tough to do.

And I'll be the first to say that I mocked hte Eagles when they initially put their OL Coach as their DC but this was a terrible firing. I'm almost wondering if it wasn't Jeff trying to fire a shot at Andy Reid, letting him know he's not kidding because I can't see Andy firing Juan for what his D has done so far. Tons of turnovers, few points allowed, and plenty of bad positions overcame - one blown lead not withstanding.

Defense giving up only 16 PPG is impressive but they have the talent to be holding teams to 12-13 PPG. And it's the timing of those points. 7 blown 4th quarter leads the last 2 years. Like last in 3rd down defense in the 4th quarter since 2011.

The fact that they are that talented with a guy who hasn't coached defense since high school shows how scary they could be on defense with someone who is a lot closer to a defensive mind by nature.

Eagles lead the NFC with 17 turnovers (5 more than the next team). When you have an offense playing like crap so your D is on the field all day, and an offense that is turning the ball over a ton, 16ppg = best defense in the NFL.

Rediculous firing....
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiSeIVIaN wrote:
BBIB wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Eagles lead the NFC with 17 turnovers (5 more than the next team). When you have an offense playing like crap so your D is on the field all day, and an offense that is turning the ball over a ton, 16ppg = best defense in the NFL.

Rediculous firing....

Look what BBIB wrote. Castillo wasn't "The Problem", turnovers and not scoring TD's in the red zone is. But Andy thinks him and Marty can fix the Offense, and April can fix the ST.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck of an offensive line coach. He won't have any problems finding a job.

I don't think it's any coincidence the Eagles had their best offensive season in recent memoroy in 2010, his last year on the offensive line.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: