Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles fire Defensive Coordinator Juan Castillo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Juan inexplicably took Nnamdi off Megatron in the fourth quarter. He needed to go too.

If Marty is still the o coordinator by the time we play Atlanta, this'll be Andy's last year in Philly, FINALLY

Juan didn't take Nnamdi off Megatron... The Lions gameplanned to get Megatron of Nnamdi. People do realize that offensive coordinators usually dictate matchups, not vice-versa right?

- 7/24/14
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:
Juan inexplicably took Nnamdi off Megatron in the fourth quarter. He needed to go too.

If Marty is still the o coordinator by the time we play Atlanta, this'll be Andy's last year in Philly, FINALLY

Juan didn't take Nnamdi off Megatron... The Lions gameplanned to get Megatron of Nnamdi. People do realize that offensive coordinators usually dictate matchups, not vice-versa right?

And you do realize, a d-coordinator can say, "Nmandi follow CJ anywhere he goes".

The Lions did a good job moving him around but Juan definitely changed up our scheme at the end.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:

And you do realize, a d-coordinator can say, "Nmandi follow CJ anywhere he goes".

The Lions did a good job moving him around but Juan definitely changed up our scheme at the end.

thats the big thing. isnt who covered him but how we covered him.

props to deadpulse
BlaqOptic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:

Again, it's not that simple... Wanting your top CB to man up against a certain receiver requires the remaining members of your secondary to understand their responsibilities to the letter. Because if the O-Coordinator decides to try something to give his receiver the advantage(something any half-decent coordinator would do) then your other guys need to know what to do. Pretty sure the Eagles were down to Kurt Coleman and Colt Anderson at the safeties, and Hughes and Marsh were forced to get a lot of snaps as well... Putting Nnamdi on Calvin exclusively regardless of where he was lined up would have put A LOT of pressure on these 4 guys.

I don't think people understand how hard it is to be a Defensive Coordinator. You don't get to dictate ANYTHING in today's league.

- 7/24/14
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:

Again, it's not that simple... Wanting your top CB to man up against a certain receiver requires the remaining members of your secondary to understand their responsibilities to the letter. Because if the O-Coordinator decides to try something to give his receiver the advantage(something any half-decent coordinator would do) then your other guys need to know what to do. Pretty sure the Eagles were down to Kurt Coleman and Colt Anderson at the safeties, and Hughes and Marsh were forced to get a lot of snaps as well... Putting Nnamdi on Calvin exclusively regardless of where he was lined up would have put A LOT of pressure on these 4 guys.

I don't think people understand how hard it is to be a Defensive Coordinator. You don't get to dictate ANYTHING in today's league.

I know what you are saying but don't you think the pressure of having the other 4 guys figure out who they need to cover is less than the pressure of having them cover CJ?

I just don't see how you can go an entire game with him being blanketed and only having one catch to suddenly in the 4th quarter you can't put your elite CB on him. The Lions put him in the slot and utilized some motion but didn't do anything overly complex. If your secondary guys don't know where to be or what to do in these instances you probably deserve to be fired.

Packerfaninmn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere a while back that Asomungohwhamoana was shut down on one side of the field and average at best on the other. Take it for what its worth. Either way the Eagles still have the same offense in place so I lol, and cry at the same time because McCoy is on my fantasy team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a terrible firing - the D wasn't the issue. Going into the DET game they were averaging 16pts/game despite a QB leading the NFL in turnovers constantly putting them in tough spots. I mean they held Big Ben to 16pts at Heinz - that's very tough to do. They held Eli & Co to 17pts - again, very tough to do.

And I'll be the first to say that I mocked hte Eagles when they initially put their OL Coach as their DC but this was a terrible firing. I'm almost wondering if it wasn't Jeff trying to fire a shot at Andy Reid, letting him know he's not kidding because I can't see Andy firing Juan for what his D has done so far. Tons of turnovers, few points allowed, and plenty of bad positions overcame - one blown lead not withstanding.

Sig courtesy of mack.
BLick12

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
This was a terrible firing - the D wasn't the issue. Going into the DET game they were averaging 16pts/game despite a QB leading the NFL in turnovers constantly putting them in tough spots. I mean they held Big Ben to 16pts at Heinz - that's very tough to do. They held Eli & Co to 17pts - again, very tough to do.

And I'll be the first to say that I mocked hte Eagles when they initially put their OL Coach as their DC but this was a terrible firing. I'm almost wondering if it wasn't Jeff trying to fire a shot at Andy Reid, letting him know he's not kidding because I can't see Andy firing Juan for what his D has done so far. Tons of turnovers, few points allowed, and plenty of bad positions overcame - one blown lead not withstanding.

Not to mention the average starting field position for opposing teams in probably like midfield because our kick coverage is straight garbaaaj as well.

BlackandBlue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:
LOLKevinKolb wrote:

I know what you are saying but don't you think the pressure of having the other 4 guys figure out who they need to cover is less than the pressure of having them cover CJ?

I just don't see how you can go an entire game with him being blanketed and only having one catch to suddenly in the 4th quarter you can't put your elite CB on him. The Lions put him in the slot and utilized some motion but didn't do anything overly complex. If your secondary guys don't know where to be or what to do in these instances you probably deserve to be fired.

That's how blown coverages happen. If they had done what you suggested they probably would have been out of position and left someone open for a TD.
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juan needed to be fired, but he shouldn't have been the first to go.

The defense is too talented to be performing the way it is. Reid, in his PC today, suggested more moves are on the way. This was just the first step in the process.

Reid's feeling the heat. Don't be surprised if there are more Eagles threads in NFL News over the next three days.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
The hilarious part here is that Juan Castillo was the only person on the coaching staff earning his paycheck. He didn't play terribly on 3rd down and let the Steelers drive down the field. He didn't let Calvin Johnson make a ridiculous catch...

The Offense is ranked 31st in points per game and 30th in turnovers... But of course Mornhinweg and Reid are perfectly fine and doing nothing wrong. No, it's the defense - that has been playing great - that's the problem. Give me a break!

The Eagles defense has been great for the first 3 quarters and straight garbage for the fourth quarter since Castillo took over. I don't know who you can blame for that apart from Castillo. He has shown that he can't adjust when the offense adjusts. It's not a personnel issue.

I do think that Mornhinweg needs to be fired, ideally, but we don't have anyone qualified to take over. Castillo got fired first simply because he's easier to replace.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:

The thing is, the times DRC was on him it was predetermined before the Lions even broke the huddle. It wasn't the Lions trying to get him away from Asomugha as they tried moving him a few times during the game, but he still stayed with him. One play Nnamdi originally was on CJ but as Stafford rolled out and had an opening he ran to him while leaving Coleman on Johnson. Obviously that play Johnson had a very nice catch on the sideline. The 20 yard reception Johnson had in zone was terrible as Nate Allen flat out missed the tackle. So not everything is on Castillo but DRC just didn't match up with him which was a mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't he a good OL coach? If so, I'll take him here in Detroit! Laughing

R.I.P. Stylish
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy will be following him in 10 weeks. Nice start to cleaning house though.

(sorry, I'm just not sold on the Eagles this year. I honestly feel the only way Andy keeps his job is if the Eagles make a deep playoff run, or obviously win the Superbowl)

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Andy will be following him in 10 weeks. Nice start to cleaning house though.

(sorry, I'm just not sold on the Eagles this year. I honestly feel the only way Andy keeps his job is if the Eagles make a deep playoff run, or obviously win the Superbowl)

I think Andy keeps his job if the Eagles finish above .500.

Whether he should keep is job is another matter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: