You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is has as much upside as any prospect in the draft. He is not perfect or refined by any means, but what do you expect? He came to Oregon as a receiver. He has gotten way better every year. He definitely needs to work on his strength, but he is no slouch. Dude is cut as hell. All of his weaknesses are really coachable and can be improved. There must be organizations salivating of the prospect of working with him. I think he goes in the top 10.

He has everything you want in a 3-4 OLB. He just needs to be refined.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of those things where I'm going to man up and learn from past mistakes. I was down on both Pierre-Paul and Aldon Smith coming out because they were "raw". The kind of athleticism you see from Dion Jordan is on that level...and I'm not going to make the same mistake a 3rd time.

This kid has the potential the be special.

[quote="Warpticon"]I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*[/quote]
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might just be that he's lanky, but every time i see Dion Jordan play, it screams Jason Taylor to me. Just the athleticism, lanky frame, his relative height/weight, heavy hands and just the non stop motor when gettng after the QB, or even in backside run pursuit (where DJ is easily one of the best backside run defenders i've seen in a long time).

My favorite thing about him though is that he's a pure born leader. He's one of those guys thats always on the sidelines or before games trying to get guys hyped up, and he brings that intensity onto the field.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
It might just be that he's lanky, but every time i see Dion Jordan play, it screams Jason Taylor to me. Just the athleticism, lanky frame, his relative height/weight, heavy hands and just the non stop motor when gettng after the QB, or even in backside run pursuit (where DJ is easily one of the best backside run defenders i've seen in a long time).

My favorite thing about him though is that he's a pure born leader. He's one of those guys thats always on the sidelines or before games trying to get guys hyped up, and he brings that intensity onto the field.

I've been wanting to tell you for a long time but we are never in the same discussions, anyway I am sooo jealous of your sig.

I actually see a cross between Julian Peterson and Jevon Kearse. I know Peterson was a 43 LB but he was one of the most versitile players ever in the NFL. I can see Dion Jordan doing the same things Peterson did in the NFL except better.

Jamison on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big fan of Dion Jordan. He is going to be great in a 3-4 scheme.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
i dont understand why people keep trying to force him into this box. People see a lean 6'6" and immediately go to 34 OLB.

Thats just wrong, its his crazy athleticism that should allow him to fit into any scheme, all as a OLB. His lean/narrow base make him susceptible to be run directly at. He isnt a guy who will anchor against the run, or set the edge on the outside. These things along with his coverage ability could make him best as a SLB in a 4-3 Defense.

Im not saying he cant work in a 3-4, Im saying that strictly putting him in there is wrong. I really like the Julian Peterson comparison above, while Jordan is taller, their versatility is very similar.
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
i dont understand why people keep trying to force him into this box. People see a lean 6'6" and immediately go to 34 OLB.

Thats just wrong, its his crazy athleticism that should allow him to fit into any scheme, all as a OLB. His lean/narrow base make him susceptible to be run directly at. He isnt a guy who will anchor against the run, or set the edge on the outside. These things along with his coverage ability could make him best as a SLB in a 4-3 Defense.

Im not saying he cant work in a 3-4, Im saying that strictly putting him in there is wrong. I really like the Julian Peterson comparison above, while Jordan is taller, their versatility is very similar.

Well, the box I'm trying to force him in to has Colts logos all over it, so 3-4 is part of the deal (even though we also run some 4 man stuff, too). Laughing Too bad he'll most likely be gone by the time we pick. Having a coach like Pagano to develop him could turn Jordan in to a monster at the next level.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: