You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVicjLxsI_U

1:52 Shows an inside spin move(Didn't hear but I have seen him make it work for a sack)

2:08 Nice burst off the line and then great dip and rip to turn the corner

2:27 Extense his arms and to keep the LT off him then powers him back to the QB.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMoel8E3HaE

2:55 Used as a downlineman in short yardage situation beats his man with a quick swim move

3:29 Watch his reaction time to the ball snapped and his explosion off the
ball. Again I know it was a run away from him but tell me how many guys
have that kind of quick explosion and acceleration like him?

6:31 Great upper body explosion when he gets to the LT and delivers a pop then walks him back to the QB.


In 2 very short videos you can see a swin move, a great shoulder dip and rip and bullrush. If you watch the entire thing you can see he is also excellent at using his hands to keep Olineman off of his body. As a Dline coach in HS for a few years that is easily the hardest thing to get players to understand. You will also notice he is a highly underated run defender. He is almost always in excellent position getting low on the blocker and keeping his outside shoulder free to make the stop.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27986
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of those videos show that Jordan very very rarely uses moves. You can see on 99% of those snaps he just runs past people. Sometimes it works, but in the NFL it sure won't.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 39766
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Both of those videos show that Jordan very very rarely uses moves. You can see on 99% of those snaps he just runs past people. Sometimes it works, but in the NFL it sure won't.


Not like a guy like Barr does aside from some simple bull and speed moves, but he's been playing for just a short period. Jordan's value comes from his versatility and athleticism that could give him a high ceiling.
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Both of those videos show that Jordan very very rarely uses moves. You can see on 99% of those snaps he just runs past people. Sometimes it works, but in the NFL it sure won't.


Because he is that explosive he doesn't need to always use some kinf od move. When he doesn't get by the OT he will try a spin, rip, swim or bull rush. The guy has the crazy abilities that cannot be coached. You can always coach someone to set up pass rush moves and it will be even easier with Dion because he is already a willing guy and very coachable.

You are blind as a bat if you cannot see the upside of Dion or the fact the he does actually have several different ways to beat and OT.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good percentage of sacks in the NFL come from shear determination and never giving up on a play not some perfectly executed counter move.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CHOMP_CHOMP


Joined: 06 Nov 2009
Posts: 5245
Location: Tampa
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Both of those videos show that Jordan very very rarely uses moves. You can see on 99% of those snaps he just runs past people. Sometimes it works, but in the NFL it sure won't.


I am going to preface my statement by saying I do agree with your point that Jordan will get over drafted. Having said that, I think you are putting to much stock into his "moves." I do agree that he doesn't use a various amount of moves, but that's usually because he doesn't have to. He is beyond athletic and he uses that ability very well. A secondary move, even a primary move is something that can be taught in a week. Again, I don't think his skill set is a top-10 pick, but I do think he has first round talent. His coverage ability is very impressive. He has tremendous agility, and very good hips. I just think he has far more good qualities then bad and his potential puts him over the top for most people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27986
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Both of those videos show that Jordan very very rarely uses moves. You can see on 99% of those snaps he just runs past people. Sometimes it works, but in the NFL it sure won't.


Because he is that explosive he doesn't need to always use some kinf od move. When he doesn't get by the OT he will try a spin, rip, swim or bull rush. The guy has the crazy abilities that cannot be coached. You can always coach someone to set up pass rush moves and it will be even easier with Dion because he is already a willing guy and very coachable.

You are blind as a bat if you cannot see the upside of Dion or the fact the he does actually have several different ways to beat and OT.

When did I say Jordan didn't have upside? I said he isn't a first round pick. He's a project.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Both of those videos show that Jordan very very rarely uses moves. You can see on 99% of those snaps he just runs past people. Sometimes it works, but in the NFL it sure won't.


Because he is that explosive he doesn't need to always use some kinf od move. When he doesn't get by the OT he will try a spin, rip, swim or bull rush. The guy has the crazy abilities that cannot be coached. You can always coach someone to set up pass rush moves and it will be even easier with Dion because he is already a willing guy and very coachable.

You are blind as a bat if you cannot see the upside of Dion or the fact the he does actually have several different ways to beat and OT.

When did I say Jordan didn't have upside? I said he isn't a first round pick. He's a project.


So was Jevon Kearse, DeMarcus Ware, Jason Pierre-Paul and Aldon Smith
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27986
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
Both of those videos show that Jordan very very rarely uses moves. You can see on 99% of those snaps he just runs past people. Sometimes it works, but in the NFL it sure won't.


Because he is that explosive he doesn't need to always use some kinf od move. When he doesn't get by the OT he will try a spin, rip, swim or bull rush. The guy has the crazy abilities that cannot be coached. You can always coach someone to set up pass rush moves and it will be even easier with Dion because he is already a willing guy and very coachable.

You are blind as a bat if you cannot see the upside of Dion or the fact the he does actually have several different ways to beat and OT.

When did I say Jordan didn't have upside? I said he isn't a first round pick. He's a project.


So was Jevon Kearse, DeMarcus Ware, Jason Pierre-Paul and Aldon Smith

All of whom had moves in college Laughing
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 13849
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't learn moves in the NFL?
_________________
game3525 wrote:
Death, taxes, Andy Reid coming off a bye week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
He can't learn moves in the NFL?


He already has some. Its just the some people don't actually watch players before they type.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27986
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
He can't learn moves in the NFL?


He already has some. Its just the some people don't actually watch players before they type.

Rolling Eyes Just because you have a mancrush on a player doesn't mean the player is perfect.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7885
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
A good percentage of sacks in the NFL come from shear determination and never giving up on a play not some perfectly executed counter move.


Yes. But a good percentage of the sacks come from average players. And we're not talking about whether or not Dion Jordan can be an average player.
If a prospect is going to be a sack artist, they are going to do it by beating the man in front of them with some combo of sick moves and athleticism.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6833
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is not a perfect prospect but he does have an array of moves. I have already shown you 3 different examples if you would like I can find more. I know for a fact I have seen a video of the spin move that worked for a sack online somewhere.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wukusimw


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 711
Location: Vermilion
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited this post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMoel8E3HaE

20 seconds into that video is the spin move as advertised. During this video he also twirly slams an olineman to the ground, knocks tackle back off speed rush and heads inside for a pressure, strips the ball, throws blockers to the side by their chest pad on run plays, rips past them, etc you get the point.

Oregon St. he pancaked another blocker to the ground. Definitely has the ability to do ANYTHING he wants. It is just frustrating because watching a full game of him and watching these highlights I'm like why can't he always do that!!!

And I do that because naturally want to compare him to who Aldon Smith is now, who is a beast in all facets of the game like Jordan definitely can be with a little bit more of the same demeanor of aggressiveness, violence, and playing fast.

Definitely has grown as a senior which is good to see. Absolute terror off the edge and will have dudes set up perfectly for when he can consistently execute inside moves.

In the run game he can just throw guys off of him yet a lot of the time he sits there waiting and then gets pushed back when olineman or two blockers come rollin in. Just needs to trust his ability, shed fast and close in although he can the edge well.

It's good to see him in coverage but Dion Jordan can be a monster in the backfield and should be attacking 9/10 times.

First year as a situational pass rusher will be candy for him. Fresh, explosive 6'7 rusher coming at weary tackles stumbling to drop back? Five step drops are going to be hard to protect with a guy like this against a tackle in space.


Last edited by wukusimw on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group