Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TNF Week 7: Seattle Seahawks @ San Francisco Whiners
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I doubt the Niners try to go vertical more than a handful of times. It's just not what they do, even when they are down in the ball game. Their offense is predicated on the quick, efficient passing game and consistently running the football. We will HAVE to take them out of this element to have any shot in this game. Stopping Gore is mission #1. After that it'll be getting to Smith. We should be able to blitz him once we prove we can stop the run, because our CBs matchup nicely with these WRs. They love that little wheel route to the sideline with either Davis/Walker and that is something that I will be livid with if we get burned by it.

Also, finally got a chance to rewatch the Panthers game. Opposing QBs are 2-for-10 when throwing against Sherman the past 2 weeks and I can finally update my sig! Newton went 0-for-3 and Brady went 2-for-7 with a INT.

Right and if they do, they lose - hence my point. Harbaugh is not as dumb as Singletary, but it definitely looks like he's lost a few screws sometime shortly after child birth.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
I doubt the Niners try to go vertical more than a handful of times. It's just not what they do, even when they are down in the ball game. Their offense is predicated on the quick, efficient passing game and consistently running the football. We will HAVE to take them out of this element to have any shot in this game. Stopping Gore is mission #1. After that it'll be getting to Smith. We should be able to blitz him once we prove we can stop the run, because our CBs matchup nicely with these WRs. They love that little wheel route to the sideline with either Davis/Walker and that is something that I will be livid with if we get burned by it.

Also, finally got a chance to rewatch the Panthers game. Opposing QBs are 2-for-10 when throwing against Sherman the past 2 weeks and I can finally update my sig! Newton went 0-for-3 and Brady went 2-for-7 with a INT.

Right and if they do, they lose - hence my point. Harbaugh is not as dumb as Singletary, but it definitely looks like he's lost a few screws sometime shortly after child birth.

"Losing" them implies that he ever had the screws to begin with Laughing
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those interested, PFF has done a Top/Bottom 5 players at each position in the NFL. Here is where Seattle players ranked:

OG
Worst
1. Adam Snyder (ARZ)
2. J.R. Sweezy (SEA)
3. Jeff Allen (KC)
4. Quinn Ojinnaka (STL)
5. Mackenzy Bernadeau (DAL)

4-3 DE
Best
1. Cameron Wake
2. Chris Clemons
3. John Abraham
4. Chris Long
5. Chandler Jones

DT/NT
Best
1. Geno Atkins
2. Brandon Mebane
3. Gerald McCoy
4. Randy Starks
5. Mike Martin

MLB/ILB
Best
1. NaVorro Bowman
2. Darryl Washington
3. David Lee
4. Bobby Wagner
5t. Patrick Willis
5t. DeMeco Ryans

CB
Best
1. Antoine Winfield
2. Casey Hayward
3t. Richard Sherman
3t. Devin McCourty
5. Brandon Browner

Somehow neither of our safeties made the list, though I know Chancellor WAS on it in weeks past, as was KJ Wright in the OLB category. And we just watched McCourty play here, and you'd have to be a mad man to try and convince me that he is on the same playing field as Sherman.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Sweezy even start last week? Pretty sure he's just backup. Thought Okung, Carpenter, Unger, McQuistan, and Gia were the starters. Hmm, shrugs.

Sherman is #1 or #2 in the NFL at this point. Winfield lol.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
Did Sweezy even start last week? Pretty sure he's just backup. Thought Okung, Carpenter, Unger, McQuistan, and Gia were the starters. Hmm, shrugs.

Sherman is #1 or #2 in the NFL at this point. Winfield lol.

It's a representation of the season as a whole, not just last week. Not sure how many games started/played allows for a player to be on this list, but apparently Sweezy has been bad enough to qualify Laughing
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, SoS, the O-line list features 3 lineman from the NFC West and I looked earlier at the leagues leading defenses in terms of points allowed. SEA #2, SF #3, ARZ #4, and STL #5. I'm seeing a causal connection here. We know all the defenses in our division are vicious and there have been 3 games within our division, so maybe the lineman aren't as bad as the list would make it seem. (I'm not really going to defend Sweezy, though, he got benched for a reason, lol) They've just played games against some nasty defenses. The only team from our division who doesn't have a player on that O-line list is SF, who coincidentally, hasn't played a division game...yet. Wonder if our D can put one of their guys on this list?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
Hmmm, SoS, the O-line list features 3 lineman from the NFC West and I looked earlier at the leagues leading defenses in terms of points allowed. SEA #2, SF #3, ARZ #4, and STL #5. I'm seeing a causal connection here. We know all the defenses in our division are vicious and there have been 3 games within our division, so maybe the lineman aren't as bad as the list would make it seem. (I'm not really going to defend Sweezy, though, he got benched for a reason, lol) They've just played games against some nasty defenses. The only team from our division who doesn't have a player on that O-line list is SF, who coincidentally, hasn't played a division game...yet. Wonder if our D can put one of their guys on this list?

Well according to Niner fans Adam Snyder has been playing pretty poorly this season and should see a heavy dose of Brandon Mebane and Jason Jones this Thursday. I'm thinking we very well may see a Niner in the bottom 5 after that Wink
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

Well according to Niner fans Adam Snyder has been playing pretty poorly this season and should see a heavy dose of Brandon Mebane and Jason Jones this Thursday. I'm thinking we very well may see a Niner in the bottom 5 after that Wink

That would connect with my prediction for a final score of a 3-2 Seahawks victory.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

Adam Snyder was with SF from 2005-2011 but is with AZ now. Our starting RG is Alex Boone, but he may start at LT as Joe Staley has a concussion (our only notable injury BTW). Our starting RG in that case would probably be...Leonard Davis Confused. Good run blocker, but he's old and slow so probably will get turnstiled in pass pro.

For the most part, our OL has been great this year, in pass and run blocking, outside of Staley struggling with Matthews and Allen early on. Alex tends to hold on to the ball and take sacks. According to Football Outsiders most of his sacks come 3+ seconds after the snap. So its coverage sacks, but the Seahawks have a great secondary so that could be an issue on Thursday.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I must have been thinking about Leonard Davis. I know I was reading about one of your interior lineman struggling lately. Thanks for the correction!

....Now I go back to hating you! Twisted Evil Laughing
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to see my boys Bobby Wagner and Brandon Browner on this list.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game will be won or lost by our O-line.
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if this game went without a touchdown.

It depends which offensive coordinator shows up for your team. The one that tried to baby Russell Wilson with so few passing attempts like they are hiding JaMarcus Russell. (Heck even JaMarcus Russell was allowed to take more shots) or the one that let him air it out
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Browner hasn't had a pick six in a while...

I think it's time Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is huge for the Hawks.. I don't know why the mainstream media is so down on the Hawks for this game, we beat the Cowboy, Packers, Patriots and even the Panthers, What else do we have to prove to them?, I mean why are we 7 point underdogs coming into this game, we just beat the Patriots and the 49ers lost to the Giants (badly)...

anyway I say the Hawks win:

Hawks - 14
49ers - 10

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 2 of 38

Jump to: