Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT Ravens @ Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Houston by a lot
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Houston by a little
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Ravens by a little
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Ravens by a lot
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to stop by and congratulate your team on the victory.

It played out sort of how I imagined. Obviously I'm not going to pick against my team (I just can't), but I thought we'd see either a close Ravens win at about 26-23... OR... well something quite like this. A blowout in the Texans favor.

I think both of these teams will meet again in the AFCCG. I think we'll both end up #1 and #2 in the AFC record wise.

You guys continue to destroy our OL and you did it again today. We were just all around dominated in this game and we couldn't force the turnovers to keep it close.

My only hope is that the Ravens can continue to improve and get better and come playoff time, we'll see a more competitive game.

Good luck for the rest of the season Texans!

... oh and if you guys ever want to loan us Watt for a game or two... I wouldn't mind it in the slightest. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Integrity and KiddKillah. Hope the Ed Reed injury isn't too serious. Good luck the rest of the season, and hopefully we meet you guys in the playoffs. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't really think I need to re-watch this game, so here are my positional breakdowns/grades.

QB- Matty Schaub played a heck of a game. After missing Walter deep early he more than made up for it spreading the ball around to Walter, Dre, and OD. A-

RB - Arian ran solidly, but still hasnt been able to break the big ones we're used to. Tate looked good also until his injury, hopefully it's not too bad. Forsett moved the chains in the final drive to close out the game. Casey even got a run in there, but didnt block to well, I really want to see what Clutts has. B+

WR - Great game by Walter, Dre moved the chains and played hard. For the first time Dre played most of the game, barely saw Martin or Jean. A

TE- OD with another huge game and Grahman with a couple clutch catches. Still poor blocking and that's what this team is missing in the passing game (Come back Joel) A-

OL - Ran the ball decently and pass protected well, I need to re-watch the game to really break them down. Meyers is def not playing as well as we've been accustomed to, but it's not like he's playing horribly. B

DL - Great game, Antonio took advantage of an injured OL but those back to back sacks were big. MEGAWATT didnt get the sacks but still was a huge factor in this game.

LB[ - Best game of the year by this group. Barwin seemed to get his Mojo back on the sack safety along with batting a couple passes down. Reed split time with Mercilus which we are all kinda glad he's getting to see the field oh and he got his first of what should be many NFL sacks. Dobbins and James handled the no huddle well and covered extremely well.

DB We shut them down, JJoe seemed almost back to full strength and with the bye this coming week should be good to go in 2 weeks. Didnt hear much from Boldin so KJax must of had a good game and McCain was all over whoever he was covering(even though some of the times there was some contact but the refs were letting the boys play for the most part. Didnt see much from the safeties but that's cause the rest of the team played so well. I take that back Nolan played very well today. A+

ST - Jacoby was playing with revenge and Brahman wasnt having it. Donnie looked good punting and Grahman made what he had to. Fire Marcciano, because the blocking on returns blow.
B+

Coaching - It was def a slow start for the O, but the saftey by Barwin woke the team and Kub up and we brought it. Kub and Wade were both aggressive and we made Baltimore play our game, unlike last week. A-

The AFC should be mad at the Packers cause they woke up a sleep walking giant last week. All in all great win heading into the bye week, where we can rest up some of our injuries. Hopefully Tate is just banged up and can get healthy over the bye. We finally beat the Ravens, there's something about this year knocking so many things off of our list, but 1 game at a time. Glad Arian only got 19 carries, we need to continue to ease up off of him.

Current AFC standings
1. HOUSTON TEXANS 6-1
2. Baltimore Ravens 5-2
3.NE/Jets winner 4-3
4-16. Everybody else

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Nick Scurfield: Ben Tate has a hammy injury, we all know how those can be. Rest the man!

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
jargin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great game. Texans played really well.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great time. I will post my thoughts when I get home.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Schaub's decision to not block Suggs has the be one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

He wins the Allstate good decision award

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think Nolan played very well today, so the real question is when Demps comes back from his injury, who do we cut? Nolan, Keo, or someone else?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
I personally think Nolan played very well today, so the real question is when Demps comes back from his injury, who do we cut? Nolan, Keo, or someone else?

They probably will keep Keo for 2 reasons

1. Special teams
2. Maybe they feel like Nolan has maxed out on what he can become

Damn that, I think we should cut Keo. Like I said plenty of times, Nolan shouldn't have gotten cut in the first place. He is a pretty solid backup safety, and unlike Keo, Nolan can actually make plays. Keo is slow and his only use is special teams.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

They probably will keep Keo for 2 reasons

1. Special teams
2. Maybe they feel like Nolan has maxed out on what he can become

Damn that, I think we should cut Keo. Like I said plenty of times, Nolan shouldn't have gotten cut in the first place. He is a pretty solid backup safety, and unlike Keo, Nolan can actually make plays. Keo is slow and his only use is special teams.

To bad we cant clone Brahman and just run 11 Brahmans out there Laughing

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
G3RMANATOR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow so Texans are the best team in the league right now, damn.

Thanks to Walter on the sig!^
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G3RMANATOR wrote:
Wow so Texans are the best team in the league right now, damn.

Is that attached with some sarcasm?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone else notice Brooks Reed playing ILB a lot ? Especially in dime packages

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
did anyone else notice Brooks Reed playing ILB a lot ? Especially in dime packages

Is that what happened? I knew I saw Whitney out there alot but I couldnt seem to find Brooks, I guess cause I wasnt used to looking at MLB.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

Is that what happened? I knew I saw Whitney out there alot but I couldnt seem to find Brooks, I guess cause I wasnt used to looking at MLB.

Yeah, it looked like Wade had Reed playing Cushing's role in dime packages where he will roam along the offensive line and look for a gap to blitz in the middle. And he also covered the middle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: