Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT Ravens @ Texans
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Houston by a lot
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
Houston by a little
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Ravens by a little
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Ravens by a lot
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Week 7 GDT Ravens @ Texans Reply with quote

BATTLE RED SUNDAY and I will be in town. I am super excited for this game and even more pumped to be doing the game day thread.

I am beginning to think the Ravens/Texans match up is becoming a big time rivalry of two tough teams duking it out each season. This is always a hard nose game that comes down to the end and I imagine this weekend will be no different.

The beloved Texans are still trying to overcome the loss of their emotional leader and best player on defense, Brian Cushing. This past week they did not do this well and got out played in every phase of the game. Hopefully our coaches can regroup and get them back on track, the offense especially.

The Raves meanwhile, were hit hard on defense this past week with their leader Ray Lewis as well as, Ladairus Webb and Haloti Ngata getting injured How will their defense respond to such adversity?

Keys to the victory

1. Pound the rock and control the game. Without our great running attack we seem to falter into submission. Schaub is CLEARLY a game manager and nothing more. This offense is led by Arian and Arian alone. He needs help up front and hopefully this week they get back on track.

2. Stop Ray Rice. The Ravens are also led by their dominant tailback. He is just as deadly as Foster is. He can beat you on the ground, through the air and is a solid blocker. The defense must contain him and force Flacco to beat tight coverage. We are at our best when we shut down the run and get after the quarterback.

3. ATTACK Flacco and never let up. We need to pound him into the ground and show the world we just had a bad game vs the Packers. Once Rice is stopped, Flacco will be forced to throw and we will need to pressure him like crazy. Our OLB's have been producing nothing at this point, but they need to step up NOW and earn their keep. We cannot let their offense get going or it could be a long day. JJ Watt hopefully continues to terrorize the league with another great performance.

Overall this game will come to those 3 tasks. I am looking forward to seeing our boys in live action for the FIRST TIME EVER. I hope they do me (us) proud and pound the Ravens for their FIRST TIME EVER. This past week should be humbling and should re-motivate them. Wade and Gary should take long looks in the mirror and ask themselves, "why the hell did I change my game plan last week? Well, this week I will go back to our bread and butter and we will destroy the Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!" Bring this one home boys, TEXANSNATION NEEDS IT!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is even more huge than the Packers game. We HAVE to win this, especially if we want a 1st (or even 2nd) seed. Ravens are beaten up by injuries to the defensive side of the ball. Ray Lewis isn't playing, Webb isn't playing, Ngata isn't going to play and I think Suggs won't make his season debut this week. I am worried more about them on the offensive side of the ball. Ray Rice could have a productive day, and if Joseph don't get his act straight Bolden could go off on him like he did last season. Kareem on Torrey Smith could be a disaster too, and Jacoby will be motivated this week since he is playing his old team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Cushing was your best defender? Not Watt? Confused

2. We are going to come out passing. We haven't been forcing the run, when it hasn't been working, and I feel it won't be working early on against your front 7.

3. Good chance Ngata plays, although he likely won't be 100%.

4. Line up Watt on anyone except Marshal Yanda and he will have a field day.

5. We are going to completely sell out to stop the run. Should be lots of opportunities for big plays with play-action. Then again, we may not be able to slow the run even with 8-9 man fronts, if recent trends continue.

6. Good luck, not for the game, but for us both making it through the week with no (more) injuries.

P.S.: Thanks, for the cast-offs. I don't know why but all the signings we make of your ex-players seem to be working out really well.
texandominance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

P.S.: Thanks, for the cast-offs. I don't know why but all the signings we make of your ex-players seem to be working out really well.

He was more of a benefit yo you in the playoffs last year than us.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

He was more of a benefit yo you in the playoffs last year than us.

Jacoby is perfect for flacco, he cant just run a fly and cant out run flaccos arm

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We HAVE to come out throwing, and do it for the first 5 plays atleast. That's the only way we can back them out of an 8 man front. But I doubt we will, Kub is to stubborn and wants to establish the run when it's hard since our OL is under achieving.

When do yall think Harris takes over at RT?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hi guys

Which one of you sniped all of our players?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time in years, I didn't see a snap of the Texans game and it sounds like I picked a good one to miss. Didn't even record it on TiVo (dang NBC) but not sure if I wouldn't just delete it (like I did with the Baylor game I also missed). Sadly, the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the ACL Festival in Austin disappointed Sunday a bit as well (but rest of festival was great).

Honestly, the result didn't surprise me in the least. The Packers were in a desperate situation and I've been talking about this defense's vulnerability to pass oriented teams since the pre-season and how an injury to Johnathan Joseph would be the great equalizer to the pass rush. Frankly, it may be time to bite the bullet and sit him down this week to give him almost 3 full weeks to recover for the final 9 after the bye. We used to make this mistake with Mario all the time where we thought 80% of him was better than 100% of his replacement, but when it comes to secondary play, I'd almost rather know that we have to double up Torrey Smith than to keep thinking an injured Joseph can hang with him.

I also remember the weeks after losing DeMeco in 2010 and how the defense seemed to lose its soul when he went down (reminder that we lost 4 in a row) and make no mistake, Cushing was still the soul of this defense. We're going to hear all about Ray Lewis this week, but the simple fact is that Cushing has been a better inside linebacker than Ray Ray for several years now and the two weren't even close in talent this year, leadership aside. Additionally, a healthy Joseph is better than Webb, so I'm shedding no tears for the Ravens today (although I sympathize). I have much more confidence in Wade's ability to adapt than Bush and avoid another 4 game free fall, but Kubiak needs to adjust his gameplan as well as he can't rely on the defense to win games and we are so much better when playing with a lead. He needs to tighten the hell up and I suspect he'll have everyone's full attention with a national TV blowout. Did I not mention multiple times that DeVier Posey needed to get the hell off our football field and it sure looked like his presence burned us yet again. The leaks in our game have been evident to many of us for weeks now, and losing ugly has a way of restoring the power to fix things as there is no "if it ain't broke" pressure on coaches.

I think this week sets up rather well for us. The Ravens come into this in the same situation as the Texans last week. They have found money in winning a game they had no right to last week and this week is their week to feel sorry for themselves and get roasted. The Texans need to come out and punch them in the nose early and often and I suspect they will happily leave early mentally and regroup over the bye week for the Browns and Raiders. We can't allow ourselves to be the victims of a "Win one for Ray" rally as we have plenty to rally over ourselves. The Ravens injuries still have us well within the conversation for best team in the AFC (although despite their record, the Patriots to my eye to have their best team in years starting to come together).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder

Last edited by Apollo Stallion on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
biggio7

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
We HAVE to come out throwing, and do it for the first 5 plays atleast. That's the only way we can back them out of an 8 man front. But I doubt we will, Kub is to stubborn and wants to establish the run when it's hard since our OL is under achieving.

When do yall think Harris takes over at RT?

I'd rather make sure Caldwell is out of the lineup. Roll Tide, please, he just isn't good. Put in Jones or Brooks even. I actually don't mind Newton and Harris getting switched in game. I mean it's kind of whoever shows up to play that game and keep them in.

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

I don't think you saw our last couple games. We gave up 441 rushing yards in the last two weeks. We let Dallas double our Time of possession, and the Chiefs would have done more than that if it weren't for their 4 turnovers. Throw all you want, we're not backing out of the 8-man front. We're going to roll the red-carpet for Schaub down the field and hope to turn this into a shootout.

Don't think we have forgotten that Foster almost single-handedly carried the Texans to a playoff upset last year. Even if your running game isn't quite what it was last year, Dallas was terrible running the ball before it played us.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
For the first time in years, I didn't see a snap of the Texans game

Now we know why we lost..... Neutral

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have a good feeling at all about this game. You guys are going to be fired up after the Sunday Night debacle, and I don't see a team of Houston's caliber losing two straight at home. Realistically, they should be able to do whatever they want, whenever they want, against our D. I have a feeling Andre, in particular, is going to be a gamebreaker and post ridiculous numbers.

Texans 34, Ravens 17

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
TexansFan80

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Don't think we have forgotten that Foster almost single-handedly carried the Texans to a playoff upset last year.

Don't forget to give some credit to Jacoby Jones Wink

^LORK 88^
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel fairly positive about this game. Nearly as positive going into this game as I was negative going into the last. Nearly.
JROD82891

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Defense cant stop water from running. Sad

With that being said, Give me Joe Cool.

30-27 Ravens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: