Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT - Giants vs. RGIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Id like to see Wilson get some legit running plays and not just trick plays.

He was used late in the SF game wasn't he? I don't recall those being trick plays.

He was, in what seemed to be the first time this year. Its the same situtation with Mario his second year when they kept throwing him those retarded bubble screens...

^Joe_is_the_best
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
Id like to see Wilson get some legit running plays and not just trick plays.

Or at least some trick plays that aren't the counter run.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how well Washington is going to do to be honest. We have to stop the run and our DB's have to do well so the line can focus on stopping the run (RB or RGIII). Running QB's always seem to make me rip my hair out when we play them.

Again, if we play like we did last week this shouldn't even be close. 17-38.

THeir D has nothing on the 49ers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I believe our D is almost full strength now? Canty is back, Phillips is going to be out but who else that's a starter?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Something i would like to see this sunday , i would love to see them bring in wilson in the redzone and run a legit screen play to him and let's see if the kid can play make a TD , hey he could very well be left wide open very unaccounted for Laughing

I could see them with a 1-3 line up ... wilson on the left with Nicks, Cruz, and Barden on the right

Honestly i don't think Barden scares anybody in the redzone mainly due to the fact that Eli's never thrown a touchdown pass to him , With that said I Think u gotta bring in Hixon , Hixon Scares Defenses, so u have Wilson on the left with Nicks, Cruz and Hixon on the right , They can also put TE on left and have him run a slant towards the middle & now you've created a situation where u have most defenders defending the total opposite side of the redzone
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Something i would like to see this sunday , i would love to see them bring in wilson in the redzone and run a legit screen play to him and let's see if the kid can play make a TD , hey he could very well be left wide open very unaccounted for Laughing

I could see them with a 1-3 line up ... wilson on the left with Nicks, Cruz, and Barden on the right

Honestly i don't think Barden scares anybody in the redzone mainly due to the fact that Eli's never thrown a touchdown pass to him , With that said I Think u gotta bring in Hixon , Hixon Scares Defenses, so u have Wilson on the left with Nicks, Cruz and Hixon on the right , They can also put TE on left and have him run a slant towards the middle & now you've created a situation where u have most defenders defending the total opposite side of the redzone

But Barden is a big guy ... looks like a redzone threat every time he steps up to the line

Not knocking hixon though ... because in retrospect the opposing D is going to be focusing on Nicks and Cruz the most

Ive grown ever more excited for this game just because I "know" we can pull off a win here

Not a Knicks fan
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Also I believe our D is almost full strength now? Canty is back, Phillips is going to be out but who else that's a starter?

I thought we really could have used Jacquian Williams to chase around RG3 for this game, but he's out.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I thought we really could have used Jacquian Williams to chase around RG3 for this game, but he's out.

I'd put Rolle on shadow duty...or even Hosley, Will Hill...anyone that isn't a LB. Your job isn't to cover it's to light RGIII up if he thinks about leaving the pocket.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

I'd put Rolle on shadow duty...or even Hosley, Will Hill...anyone that isn't a LB. Your job isn't to cover it's to light RGIII up if he thinks about leaving the pocket.

Will Hill is suspended. I think William's best game was last year against Vick where he did a great job chasing him down. He's not your typical linebacker. He's almost like a LB/S tweener. The good news is that Keith Rivers will be back, and he has some wheels as well.

Our defensive line needs to play at the same level they played last week, especially against the run. If our defensive line can't stop the run, the linebackers are going to get sucked into the box, and their playaction game is going to kill us. Is Canty going to be back?

GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Will Hill is suspended. I think William's best game was last year against Vick where he did a great job chasing him down. He's not your typical linebacker. He's almost like a LB/S tweener. The good news is that Keith Rivers will be back, and he has some wheels as well.

Our defensive line needs to play at the same level they played last week, especially against the run. If our defensive line can't stop the run, the linebackers are going to get sucked into the box, and their playaction game is going to kill us. Is Canty going to be back?

Yea Canty is back.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Yea Canty is back.

Canty still needs to be activated. Giants have until 4 PM today to make that move
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quotes from Canty make it clear he isn't 100%. I'd hate to rush him back and risk reinjury.

Anyone know the status of Beckum?
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
The quotes from Canty make it clear he isn't 100%. I'd hate to rush him back and risk reinjury.

Anyone know the status of Beckum?

I haven't heard that Canty is not healthy. I only heard that he is a little rusty, but he leaner

Superstar Beckum thinks he will be activated next week.
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On another note Da'Rel Scott Season is over , Sad cause i really wanted to see him get some Reps oh well , always next year ...
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3260/chris-canty

Quote:
Giants activated DT Chris Canty (knee surgery) from the PUP list.Canty missed eight months after undergoing a "clean-up procedure" in February after the Super Bowl. His activation comes at a good time. Canty will likely play in a rotational, limited role initially as the Giants attempt to shut down Alfred Morris and Robert Griffin III in the Redskins' zone-running scheme. Fellow DT Rocky Bernard is out for Sunday's game with a quadriceps injury. RB Da'Rel Scott was sent to injured reserve in order to make room for Canty.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6581/darel-scott

Quote:
Giants placed RB Da'Rel Scott (knee) on season-ending injured reserve.Scott underwent a right knee debridement on Wednesday. In layman's terms, it was essentially a clean-up procedure to remove loose debris and tissue. The second-year back out of Maryland rushed for nine yards on six carries in 2012. The Giants needed the roster spot for Chris Canty's activation off PUP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: