Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 7 GDT - Giants vs. RGIII
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGIII was in my mind a can't miss QB. Very few of those and last year there were two in Luck and RGIII. Very mad that the Redskins have him...

On to the Giants, Antrel Rolle needs to go...

^Stone85 on the sig^
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
RGIII was in my mind a can't miss QB. Very few of those and last year there were two in Luck and RGIII. Very mad that the Redskins have him...

Yep the criticism the Skins drew for trading the farm for RG3 reminded me of what the Giants received for the Eli trade. You just cannot pass up a chance to nab a franchise QB like that. Now mobile QB's haven't had much success in regards to Super Bowl wins but I think RG3 is going to change that trend. It's going to take a couple years to get all the right pieces around him. But Washington is on it's way up. I honestly see them being the future of the NFC East with us. Dallas and Philly will drop off soon. Romo and Vick are both on the hot seat. Just my .02

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
bagh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:

Yep the criticism the Skins drew for trading the farm for RG3 reminded me of what the Giants received for the Eli trade. You just cannot pass up a chance to nab a franchise QB like that. Now mobile QB's haven't had much success in regards to Super Bowl wins but I think RG3 is going to change that trend. It's going to take a couple years to get all the right pieces around him. But Washington is on it's way up. I honestly see them being the future of the NFC East with us. Dallas and Philly will drop off soon. Romo and Vick are both on the hot seat. Just my .02

I actually have been thinking about this the since we won the superbowl. I think, given our draft track record, we have the pieces in place to continue our success. If we want to ensure a certain of level of excellence, we would definitely need to draft a young QB to potentially replace Eli in the next 3-4 years (barring injury). That way he is still of an age to be effective and give the new QB time to learn under him.

We have JPP who can pick up the D-line mantle from Tuck like Tuck had from Strahan. Jospeh looks competent in the middle and JPPs athleticism can make up for any drop in talent I believe.

Our DBs look like the real deal and Amukamara and Hosely can potentially replace Webster in the Secondary.

Our WR corps is still relatively young.

RB corps looks like its good to go with David Wilson.

The only question well have is in coaching. Coughlin is getting up there in age and I believe some of his coaches have been able to make up for our shortcomings on the o-line. All it would take is another good draft or two to set us up for another decade of success.
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sort of a weird question, but did anyone else notice RG3 sticks his tongue out a lot before the snap? What the heck is up with that?

Also, why does Cruz do the triangle "HOV" symbol after his salsa dance now?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
Save The Hero wrote:

I actually have been thinking about this the since we won the superbowl. I think, given our draft track record, we have the pieces in place to continue our success. If we want to ensure a certain of level of excellence, we would definitely need to draft a young QB to potentially replace Eli in the next 3-4 years (barring injury). That way he is still of an age to be effective and give the new QB time to learn under him.

We have JPP who can pick up the D-line mantle from Tuck like Tuck had from Strahan. Jospeh looks competent in the middle and JPPs athleticism can make up for any drop in talent I believe.

Our DBs look like the real deal and Amukamara and Hosely can potentially replace Webster in the Secondary.

Our WR corps is still relatively young.

RB corps looks like its good to go with David Wilson.

The only question well have is in coaching. Coughlin is getting up there in age and I believe some of his coaches have been able to make up for our shortcomings on the o-line. All it would take is another good draft or two to set us up for another decade of success.

Agree on all points

"Sundown, you better take care... if I find you been creepin' round my back stairs"
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
This is sort of a weird question, but did anyone else notice RG3 sticks his tongue out a lot before the snap? What the heck is up with that?

Seemed like he was moving his mouth piece with his tongue after calling the signals. But year looked weird. No idea about Cruz. Kinda looks like the Taylor Swift heart if you ask me. Laughing

D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Geez the Giants escaped today. No other way to put it.

Anyways Victor Cruz has championship DNA. He's so damn clutch. PAY. THIS. MAN. If I see him in another uniform it'll break my heart

You Definitely won't see cruz in any other jersey then a Blue one , He's our new amani toomer Wink
Gmen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me start off by saying that I'm as impressed with RG3 as anyone. However, I think there is a bit of overreacting going on. The NFL has seen this before. There was a point where Michael Vick looked unstoppable with the Eagles. I remember the Eagles laying 45 points on the Redskins on nationally televised game, and I was close to handing them the division. Just last year, Cam Newton looked unstoppable. But once there is enough tape on these guys, defenses find a way to slow them down. Even today, it's not like the RG3 was unstoppable. He had 2 turnovers and got sacked 3 times. Plus he took a few hits which will add up. I do believe the Redskins found their franchise quarterback. He fits Shanahan's offense perfectly. But it's not like we should surrender the division. We still have Eli for a good 5 years. Just keep drafting well, and we'll be right where we are right now - first in the division.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:

I think Cruz does that new part of the celebration as sort of a tribute to his grandmother who passed away a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Eli. You have 92 seconds. It's the 4th quarter. Lets do this. Tired of this crap.

And scared the crap out of my cat. But really. That...may be too much time on the clock.

Nah , at this point i was pretty confident our D Would come Through , But yeah a lot of questionable passing plays that should have been run plays from a team that stresses playing "Smart Football" but no matter what come hell or high water , i will go down with this ship if ever needed be , good thing today like all good teams , we find ways to win these types of games Very Happy
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
I think this is gonna be a dogfight. Ill say 27-24 Giants. Giants need this game bad, what with being 0-2 in the division and all

Hey I was only a point off Smile
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Good game fellas, thought we scored a bit too quick for our secondary to hold out. I was right.

I've asked this of all opposing teams' fans:

What were your impressions of RG3?

2 words. Live. Wire. I think he's Steve Young 2.0

Now that I think about it Skins have a bunch of good young players. RG3, Morris, Trent Williams, Kerry, they could be good for a while

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:

Pretty sure when you put the gloves together they make the team's logo. I think he's repping the NYG Cool
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scary game today. I always knew that this game would be close because i knew we would have trouble stopping the option. Cruz is best slot WR in the league without question. Nicks saw alot of double coverage particularly on that Cruz TD. Our defense wasnt as bad as the stats say because the offense the redskins run can be difficult to stop. Eli had one of those days. Missing passes, throwing picks. He was due a bad game but still came through when it mattered. He missed cruz in endzone earlier. I think he overthrew Bennett on that int, he. I dont think David Wilson played at all today - strange. Anyway, we need to fix up for next week because we're facing another mobile QB in Tony Romo next week

And BTW what was wrong with bradshaw, seemed mad today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Scary game today. I always knew that this game would be close because i knew we would have trouble stopping the option. Cruz is best slot WR in the league without question. Nicks saw alot of double coverage particularly on that Cruz TD. Our defense wasnt as bad as the stats say because the offense the redskins run can be difficult to stop. Eli had one of those days. Missing passes, throwing picks. He was due a bad game but still came through when it mattered. He missed cruz in endzone earlier. I think he overthrew Bennett on that int, he. I dont think David Wilson played at all today - strange. Anyway, we need to fix up for next week because we're facing another mobile QB in Tony Romo next week

And BTW what was wrong with bradshaw, seemed mad today.

Well it's Clear as day that Bradshaw has a very deep Competitive passion and what happened to me it looked like he seemed to get really pissed off when Eli Threw up that 2nd pick , u saw how he jumped up and rooted hard for the D After that , You Could tell walking away with anything less then a W Was just going to be unacceptable to him , i believe people were telling him to keep his composure on the sidelines but he was like come on we need to win this one now. least that's what it looked like to me anyhow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: