Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Making our D better?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
2) Should always be able to be kept for a relatively low price, given the fact he would be less effective in just about every other defense

I don't really think that's much of a factor. The Eagles signed press-man corner Nnamdi Asomugha to play in their heavy zone scheme. Obviously Browner isn't the player Aso is, but it's just an example that teams will go after the best talent on the market, not necessarily the best scheme fit. With the press that Browner and the rest of this secondary have been getting lately, I doubt he'd come cheap on a renewed deal.

As far as Jake Long is concerned, that'd be an awesome signing for this team, he'd be a fantastic RT for us, and I actually would prefer Okung at LT because he's the superior pass protector (which is more important for the blindside IMO). Only problem is I doubt we would spend top dollar on a RT when the rest of the market will be valuing him as a LT, driving his price up. It would be awesome, however, to have him as insurance to Okung in case he go down again and keep Breno as his reliable backup.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
2) Should always be able to be kept for a relatively low price, given the fact he would be less effective in just about every other defense

I don't really think that's much of a factor. The Eagles signed press-man corner Nnamdi Asomugha to play in their heavy zone scheme. Obviously Browner isn't the player Aso is, but it's just an example that teams will go after the best talent on the market, not necessarily the best scheme fit. With the press that Browner and the rest of this secondary have been getting lately, I doubt he'd come cheap on a renewed deal.

As far as Jake Long is concerned, that'd be an awesome signing for this team, he'd be a fantastic RT for us, and I actually would prefer Okung at LT because he's the superior pass protector (which is more important for the blindside IMO). Only problem is I doubt we would spend top dollar on a RT when the rest of the market will be valuing him as a LT, driving his price up. It would be awesome, however, to have him as insurance to Okung in case he go down again and keep Breno as his reliable backup.

But looking at how that situation played, wouldn't teams be more conscious of scheme going forward? Especially with scrabble being one of the league's premier corners. One would think if anyone could make the jump to a different system, it would be nmandi, no?

I think that could affect bidding for browner going forward the same way Kolb changed the type of contract flynn would get. A lot of hypotheticals here, but very possible IMO

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

But looking at how that situation played, wouldn't teams be more conscious of scheme going forward? Especially with scrabble being one of the league's premier corners. One would think if anyone could make the jump to a different system, it would be nmandi, no?

I think that could affect bidding for browner going forward the same way Kolb changed the type of contract flynn would get. A lot of hypotheticals here, but very possible IMO

They are good points imani. You could see the same thing happening with the next big free-agent DE, given how Super Mario has played so far.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

Plausible, but I really doubt it. Teams will bid for talent no matter what. Even one team bidding can up the price drastically. I just don't see Browner coming cheap unless we sign him before he hits the open market.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

Plausible, but I really doubt it. Teams will bid for talent no matter what. Even one team bidding can up the price drastically. I just don't see Browner coming cheap unless we sign him before he hits the open market.

....we aren't going to have enough money to pay all this talent, are we? Laughing

This must be why we have been saving cap space

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

....we aren't going to have enough money to pay all this talent, are we? Laughing

No we're not. Enjoy the talent while we have it. It's going to be interesting to see how we pick and choose who to keep and let walk.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

No we're not. Enjoy the talent while we have it. It's going to be interesting to see how we pick and choose who to keep and let walk.
I think it will be fairly predictable honestly. Unless we can keep Browner on the cheap, he's gone. Sherman they'll value much more highly, and for good reason. We should extend him after this year to try and keep the contract on the lower end.

I think Red will be cut eventually. I remember when Watt came out I thought he'd be great in Red's spot but he wasn't going to fall. I think that's the kind of player we want there eventually.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

I think it will be fairly predictable honestly. Unless we can keep Browner on the cheap, he's gone. Sherman they'll value much more highly, and for good reason. We should extend him after this year to try and keep the contract on the lower end.

I think Red will be cut eventually. I remember when Watt came out I thought he'd be great in Red's spot but he wasn't going to fall. I think that's the kind of player we want there eventually.

I don't think you can say anything involving this team will be predictable. Did anyone think we would be that close to losing Brandon Mebane to the Broncos?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

I don't think you can say anything involving this team will be predictable. Did anyone think we would be that close to losing Brandon Mebane to the Broncos?
I figured he'd demand a noteworthy salary, so no I wasn't really all that surprised. Nervous? Oh you bet. But I expect other teams to go after our talented players.

What last offseason showed me in my mind is that we have an idea going into the offseason as to how much we believe each of our players is worth and we tend not to stray from that much just to retain them. If someone over bids for Browner, I expect he's gone.

ram29jackson wrote:
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earl Thomas is incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=o5098UIKw80#t=406s

He shuts off the open pass to Gibson, than explodes to force the incompletion. So savvy, SO fast.

ram29jackson wrote:
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've missed a lot in the last week. It's been rough. After the tragic death of one of my friends a couple of weeks ago, I got a call on Sunday that another very good friend of mine was just diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, so I've been pretty "out of it" lately. She's probably one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life and I took it pretty hard. To tell you the truth, I haven't checked the board since I can't remember and I didn't even realize we played a game on Thursday night either. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, from the games I have seen so far, I can say this.....

Aside from the obvious thing, which is a pass rushing SLB, I still say we need pass rushing force in the middle of the line. Jason Jones just hasn't made the impact that I was hoping he would make at UT. It's probably because he is drastically undersized. The first game I saw him play for us, he lined up on the inside and I was shocked. He looked like a TE. He is so lean that at times, he looks like he has trouble shedding blockers, because he lacks the mass and strength that is needed. He has had his moments, but not enough to make much of an impact. He's not much of run stuffer at all either. Personally, I'd like to find a more well rounded UT. Four guys I really, really like in this upcoming draft are Kawann Short of Purdue, Sylvester Williams of North Carolina, Chris Jones of Bowling Green and Sheldon Richardson of Missouri.

As far as the SLB position, I still say we should target either Chase Thomas of Stanford or Brandon Jenkins of Florida State. Their combination of size, agressiveness and pass rush ability would make them a perfect fit for the SLB position.

Last edited by TheOsprey on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
klyon7634

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I've missed a lot in the last week. It's been rough. After the tragic death of one of my friends a couple of weeks ago, I got a call on Sunday that another very good friend of mine was just diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, so I've been pretty "out of it" lately. She's probably one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life and I took it pretty hard. To tell you the truth, I haven't checked the board since I can't remember and I didn't even realize we played a game on Thursday night either. Crying or Very sad

Anyway, from the games I have seen so far, I can say this.....

Aside from the obvious thing, which is a pass rushing SLB, I still say we need pass rushing force in the middle of the line. Jason Jones just hasn't made the impact that I was hoping he would make at UT. It's probably because he is drastically undersized. The first game I saw him play for us, he lined up on the inside and I was shocked. He looked like a TE. He is so lean that at times, he looks like he has trouble shedding blockers, because he lacks the mass and strength that is needed. He has had his moments, but not enough to make much of an impact. He's not much of run stuffer at all either. Personally, I'd like to find a more well rounded UT. Four guys I really, really like in this upcoming draft are Kawann Short of Purdue, Sylvester Jones of North Carolina, Chris Jones of Bowling Green and Sheldon Richardson of Missouri.

As far as the SLB position, I still say we should target either Chase Thomas of Stanford or Brandon Jenkins of Florida State. Their combination of size, agressiveness and pass rush ability would make them a perfect fit for the SLB position.

Those are the 2 that i really like in this draft.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it be known, since apparently it's now a trend... that Tats was the first Chase Thomas to Seattle supporter

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you mean Sylvester Williams, not Jones. Sylvester Williams is a man. A man that will probably be a 1st rounder when push comes to shove.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Pretty sure you mean Sylvester Williams, not Jones. Sylvester Williams is a man. A man that will probably be a 1st rounder when push comes to shove.
Confused Who are you talking to?

If I want anyone from FSU it's the DE, Bjorne or whatever his name is.

ram29jackson wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: