Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Making our D better?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Tom Cable drafted Carp, then he is terrible in his input for the Oline.
Conversely, it seems as though he can do a very good job with whatever personnel he is given. Omyale looked very good against Ware- what else is there to say?

Because we are so good, it's difficult to say what the primary needs are on the D.
I think a nickel corner can be found in the 3rd/5th round which is definitely a need.

Wr is a need, but honestly I really like our WRs now that Wilson is off his training wheels. Who would be replaced? Tate? I actually like Wilson to Tate long term. Tate has an uncanny ability to go up and make big plays. He said that the ball slows down for him when it's in the air and he has a good instinct for timing the jump. I'd say that's spot on. Rice has looked great this year, he just hasn't been given a lot of chances. Remember the diving catch in the endzone vs Az as well?

I really like Browner, but I still think he can be a bit of a liability. I'd like to see us draft someone in the mid round to compete for a starting spot with the unlikelihood that he would win it.

As far as 1st round? I still think SLB who is better, faster, and a good pass rusher is our biggest need.

Hell with our record, we should just trade down for 3 3rds/4ths.

"We all we got, we all we need"
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tooki wrote:
Browner is replaceable, but he also isn't a problem. I would like to draft a replacement, but it isn't a high pick need.

I would like to draft a nickel corner in the 2nd or 3rd round, we need someone to cover slot guys. The domination of guys like welker and amendola cannot continue

It's a damn shame that Walter Thurmond has injury problems. He looked like he could have been our long-term nickel corner. We get him back soon, so hopefully he can do something.

But drafting some nickel players would be a great idea. Hopefully Pete can find another Sherman type, who can contribute on the outside.

outside_Insider wrote:
If Tom Cable drafted Carp, then he is terrible in his input for the Oline.
Conversely, it seems as though he can do a very good job with whatever personnel he is given. Omyale looked very good against Ware- what else is there to say?

Because we are so good, it's difficult to say what the primary needs are on the D.
I think a nickel corner can be found in the 3rd/5th round which is definitely a need.

Wr is a need, but honestly I really like our WRs now that Wilson is off his training wheels. Who would be replaced? Tate? I actually like Wilson to Tate long term. Tate has an uncanny ability to go up and make big plays. He said that the ball slows down for him when it's in the air and he has a good instinct for timing the jump. I'd say that's spot on. Rice has looked great this year, he just hasn't been given a lot of chances. Remember the diving catch in the endzone vs Az as well?

I really like Browner, but I still think he can be a bit of a liability. I'd like to see us draft someone in the mid round to compete for a starting spot with the unlikelihood that he would win it.

As far as 1st round? I still think SLB who is better, faster, and a good pass rusher is our biggest need.

Hell with our record, we should just trade down for 3 3rds/4ths.

I don't know about you, but Carp is looking like a quality LG. He has been far from the problem with our line. Furthermore, we were able to run the ball well on the left side of the line against the Pats. With him, it looks like changing to the right side of the line was part of the problem. Furthermore he has dropped off the baby fat that he gained during the lockout. Now he is on the left (his natural) side and he is at his gameday weight, he should be good for the future.

A bigtime receiver would help either party. But losing Bevell would definitely help us. If somebody like Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter falls to our pick, we should pull the trigger on them in the first round.

And with a good pass rush, Browner should suffice for now. A good pass rush will also help our complete D more than a replacement #2 corner.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:

Wr is a need, but honestly I really like our WRs now that Wilson is off his training wheels. Who would be replaced? Tate? I actually like Wilson to Tate long term. Tate has an uncanny ability to go up and make big plays. He said that the ball slows down for him when it's in the air and he has a good instinct for timing the jump. I'd say that's spot on. Rice has looked great this year, he just hasn't been given a lot of chances. Remember the diving catch in the endzone vs Az as well?.

We run a rotation though, i would love hunter/wilson type in edwards role next year, with the thought of being extended in the future. Right now we run Rice/tate/baldwin in most sets. But i'd like someone with upside coming in as the #4 and hitting the field in goalline scenario's

Also going forward, rice is improving his production...but it's still nowhere near worth his contract. We need to look into future options and there is no better source for wideout talent than the top end of the upcoming draft. Best in awhile honestly. Need to jump on someone there as we should be picking between 15-25.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo imani. A #1 player should be available around where we expect to draft.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Bingo imani. A #1 player should be available around where we expect to draft.

yea, i missed your post above mine til now. It tooks me about 50 minutes to type and send that for whatever reason Laughing

imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only should browner suffice, he shouldn't go anywhere. With his skillset he 1) Will always fit great in this defense. 2) Should always be able to be kept for a relatively low price, given the fact he would be less effective in just about every other defense

Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
not only should browner suffice, he shouldn't go anywhere. With his skillset he 1) Will always fit great in this defense. 2) Should always be able to be kept for a relatively low price, given the fact he would be less effective in just about every other defense

That is very true. When our pass rush is on, Browner is great.

Also even considering that he gives up a big pass here or there, he is still an above average corner at worst. He is money in the redzone and great in run support. He would be highly sought after by any team that runs a press scheme.
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the 32nd pick we should take Chase Thomas. We will be drafting late. (Don't really think 32, but late) we can't afford to let him slip away. This draft should have several WR available 2nd round.

Jake Long maybe a Free Agent coming up. He said in an interview that he was open to testing FA. Jake could come in at LT and bump Okung to RT. That would solve the Giacomini problem.
Plush

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
With the 32nd pick we should take Chase Thomas. We will be drafting late. (Don't really think 32, but late) we can't afford to let him slip away. This draft should have several WR available 2nd round.

Jake Long maybe a Free Agent coming up. He said in an interview that he was open to testing FA. Jake could come in at LT and bump Okung to RT. That would solve the Giacomini problem.

I would never want okung at RT with that contract

come to think of it, we need to restructure him soon. He's playing awesome, but his health is still a question mark
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:

jake long would be a better RT. he'd be incredible as a RT

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

jake long would be a better RT. he'd be incredible as a RT

He's incredible as a LT, and hes not going to sign somewhere to be a RT.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A play making WR is what we really need to go opposite of Rice or a TE who can get a lot of YAC.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
A #1 WR is what we really need to go opposite of Rice or develop behind him

Fixed it for me

Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

come to think of it, we need to restructure him soon. He's playing awesome, but his health is still a question mark

Long is far superior LT and it would cost us 70-80 million together him here. With that said if Okung could take a pay cut to 3-4 million a year it would make the entire OL better. Long is top 3 LT and hands down best run blocking LT in the league.

I know Im the OL guy on here but no one can deny that Giacomini needs to be upgraded. I would say Taylor Lewan but I think he's gone in the 1st 20 picks.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigjoe0075 wrote:
Plush wrote:
Bigjoe0075 wrote:

Long is far superior LT and it would cost us 70-80 million together him here. With that said if Okung could take a pay cut to 3-4 million a year it would make the entire OL better. Long is top 3 LT and hands down best run blocking LT in the league.

I know Im the OL guy on here but no one can deny that Giacomini needs to be upgraded. I would say Taylor Lewan but I think he's gone in the 1st 20 picks.
Jake Long would be an even better RT than LT. Russell Okung would be a worse RT than LT.

I doubt Long cares all that much which tackle position he plays as long as he feels comfortable on the right side. Your RT needs to be a dominant run blocker and Jake Long is that. You could even argue than in an offense where we're going to be rolling out to the right a lot, RT is even more important because he needs to stonewall that LE/LOLB.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: