Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Making our D better?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Making our D better? Reply with quote

I have been thinking long and hard about it. What can make our D better? I think next year is our year honestly. and if we draft a WR in the first round and an Outside LB in the 2nd to replace LeRoy I think thats the only spot we can improve with out getting a JJ Watt in a trade type move. What do you guys think?

WINTER IS COMING
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Making our D better? Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
I have been thinking long and hard about it. What can make our D better? I think next year is our year honestly. and if we draft a WR in the first round and an Outside LB in the 2nd to replace LeRoy I think thats the only spot we can improve with out getting a JJ Watt in a trade type move. What do you guys think?

I totally agree. A tall fast reciever.

And a small but hard hitting fast lb would do. Maybe a Trevardo Williams from Uconn in the 2nd early thrid would do?
seaducks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chase Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seaducks wrote:
Chase Thomas

This x100000

I love this guy

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
seaducks wrote:
Chase Thomas

This x100000

I love this guy

I looked him up. He is the perfect guy to be a pass rushing SLB in our scheme!

We need more of a consistent pass rush to make this D better.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
seaducks wrote:
Chase Thomas

This x100000

I love this guy

what round???

WINTER IS COMING
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
Tooki wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
seaducks wrote:
Chase Thomas

This x100000

I love this guy

what round???

It depends on where we finish at the end of the year. If we trade back, we could maybe get him in the late first/early second? Or we can trade up in the second round.

I know somebody said on here (maybe tats) that he could end up being a 1st/2nd rounder by the end of the year.
lards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree on next year being our year. Think we will continue to be pretty inconsistent thru out the year esp with Russ behind center. Think we should still find a way to get to the playoffs.

Only positions that we need to improve are at WR, OLB and RT. can easily be achieved in one off season.
darnell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR (I'd like to roll the dice on an athletic freak like C Patterson, J Hunter, B Coleman K Allen)

RT (obviously not in the first, but say DJ Fluker in the 2nd)

* DT (deep DT class, might be a need/might not be - depends on Branch/Jones)

OLB ( here's the thing, I know this team likes to get younger but Hill is solid and as long as keeps returning on decent salaries and his play doesn't slide why not keep him? not everyone has to be a kid. but there could be some relly good value: Hodges,Thomas. Lets not forget Mike Morgan could be that guy.)

CB (not a need, but positional value. If a "seahawks" type CB falls to you you have to consider it: Rhodes,Banks,Millner)
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
Tooki wrote:
klyon7634 wrote:
seaducks wrote:
Chase Thomas

This x100000

I love this guy

what round???

It depends on where we finish at the end of the year. If we trade back, we could maybe get him in the late first/early second? Or we can trade up in the second round.

I know somebody said on here (maybe tats) that he could end up being a 1st/2nd rounder by the end of the year.
Chyeah. I loved him last year and he's done nothing to make me like him any less. He plays like Clay Matthews.

I do like Browner, but I think a number 2 CB who's a little smaller and quicker would be a great asset. Ideally I'd want Patrick Peterson as our nickel and future number 2.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making our D better? More pass rush personnel....period

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner is replaceable, but he also isn't a problem. I would like to draft a replacement, but it isn't a high pick need.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Browner is replaceable, but he also isn't a problem. I would like to draft a replacement, but it isn't a high pick need.

I would like to draft a nickel corner in the 2nd or 3rd round, we need someone to cover slot guys. The domination of guys like welker and amendola cannot continue

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to drafting players, I would add that we need Gus Bradley to become a better defensive play caller. He still falls into bad habits especially on 3rd downs where he seems to become too passive in his schemes. Our 3rd down defense has been awful this year. We have done a poor job at getting teams off the field on 3rd down and it has cost us games. There have been times that I've wondered if he will lose his job at the end of the year because his schemes seem to be very predictable, but the team has pulled out wins like they did versus NE yesterday and so things get pushed under the rug. In addition to the 3rd down D, we need a more consistent pass rush. I think that Bradley needs to become better at scheming for pressure instead of just relying on the players to make plays. That would enhance the players natural talents. I haven't been able to watch as much of the games as I would like, but the parts I have watched make me think that the D-line isn't working together on the pass rush like they should. Almost as if they are 4 individual pass rushers instead of 1 cohesive unit like they are when it comes to run D. The talent on this D is unquestionable, but as much as that makes life easy for a D coordinator it also puts pressure on him because when things don't work his schemes and game planning will come under more scrutiny. Bradley needs to get some things tightened up and this D could be even more savage.

Sheldon Cooper
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This point Seattle's secondary/LBer core is good enough as is to ball and gaps can be filled with free agency, later draft developmental picks. Only thing Seattle should be drafting on D is pass rush players, like most solid Ds are doing now. Pass rusher is the next most important position behind QB and Seattle believe it or not has the luxury of drafting that and developing. Just continue to pick them up so when Clemons retires or moves on in 2-3 years Irvin and the draft pick start over.

Otherwise draft O-Line imo. Once the O starts opening things up like they did against the Pats the weapons will show up. Miller is a more than competent receiving TE, and Rice/Tate are ball hawks. They are not separation receivers and we really don't need one anyway. Just let Wilson chuck the ball up and they will go get it. That playcalling will come once we fire Bevell or he pulls his head out like he started to do in the Pats game. He lost it 2nd/3rd quarter, than found it again 4th quarter.

Perfectly fine drafting OLB/DE first (again) and O-Line second. Let Rice, Tate, Baldwin develop and grab the always available veteran WR in free agency. Tate is coming on this year, Baldwin is still around just needs to be targeted, and Rice needs a shot healthy. Miller is also here and McCoy needs to be seeing the field a lot more.

I'd be perfectly happy with another D-Line and O-Line pick, back to back. 3rd round can be used on best athletic freak at LB/S/CB available.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: