Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daniel Manning fined 15k
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Daniel Manning fined 15k Reply with quote

The league just fined Manning 15k for his punches Sunday.

How is $#@& does Slauson only get fined 10k and Manning gets 15 when is leg was clearly caught underneath him and the Packers player wouldn't get off? Smh

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you Goodell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of the most backwards personal foul I've ever seen with Tony Jerrod-Eddie trying to crack Ben Cotton's nutsack like an easter egg and Cotton drawing 2 personal fouls (and Pellini losing his mind). While the personal foul often catches the retaliation, not the crime, there is no excuse for the league office to not except extenuating circumstances. It may be illegal for me to punch you, but if I can prove self-defense it is perfectly legal within limits. I suspect Manning gets this reduced on appeal or eliminated altogether just like Antonio Smith did on his supposed punch last year vs. the Jags.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9I1lQwmSXO4

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video is insane.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
That video is insane.

You played quarterback. You can't tell me guys weren't punching you, tearing out hair, twisting limbs and digits or even biting or scratching you at the bottoms of piles.

I did it in high school when I played defense. I know other guys did, too.

In fact, there was one time when a guy who'd been kicking my butt all game blocking me blocked me into the play by accident. The way we fell was with me on my back and one arm awkwardly hooked around the RB and the tackle on top of me. A couple of other players fell on top, and the guy had my arm pinned. It was right by his crotch, and when he started jabbing me on the bottom of the pile, I pulled something not too far off from TJE.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
That video is insane.

You played quarterback. You can't tell me guys weren't punching you, tearing out hair, twisting limbs and digits or even biting or scratching you at the bottoms of piles.

In fact, there was one time when a guy who'd been kicking my butt all game blocking me blocked me into the play by accident. The way we fell was with me on my back and one arm awkwardly hooked around the RB and the tackle on top of me. A couple of other players fell on top, and the guy had my arm pinned. It was right by his crotch, and when he started jabbing me on the bottom of the pile, I pulled something not too far off from TJE.

All of the above, yes. I didn't say it didn't happen, but that doesn't mean it sitll isn't insane haha. That video just makes me feel weird.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
kenney wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
That video is insane.

All of the above, yes. I didn't say it didn't happen, but that doesn't mean it sitll isn't insane haha. That video just makes me feel weird.

It was weirder still at the stadium. When they replayed the play on the jumbotron, it was obvious what had happened and the entire stadium sort of acknowledged it.

Of course, I thought it was hilarious at the time.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
That video is insane.

As long as we're opening the FF confessional, I elbowed a drunk girl in the boob leaving ACL last weekend.

I played first base after my shoulder injuries ended my days as centerfielder/pitcher. I was probably the most hated first baseman in the league as I routinely "cup checked" obnoxious baserunnners daring to distract my pitcher with leads warranting pickoff throws. My catcher led the league in both pickoffs and throwing runners out at 2nd in part because a certain first baseman had a habit of backing into base stealers, stepping on feet, digging a dirt barrier on the inside of the base and various other old school tactics amateur umps never look for. Nothing I ever did really hurt anyone that I recall, but I have to say I did deserve some extra credit in acting class for feigning concern when I would spike the achilles of the dopey tall guys teams would stick at first base who didn't know not to actually put their foot ON the base. As a Keith Hernandez disciple, it drove me nuts that at lower levels coaches didn't recognize the need to treat first base as their second most important defensive infield position as the one tasked with catching all the garbage throws that come his way. It became my personal mission to make sure the big guy was henceforth buried in right field where he belonged (which also worked out great for me since I was a lefty dead pull hitter with no power but plenty of speed).

Don't get me started about my soccer tactics. Yep, I'm a complete hypocrite when it comes to dirty play, but I certainly also never had any illusions about making a living at it. In business, my ethics are impeccable.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Ha, and to think I am the one who most probably thought would use dirty tactics, but fact is, I NEVER did stuff like that, you guys are ridiculous.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Shocked Ha, and to think I am the one who most probably thought would use dirty tactics, but fact is, I NEVER did stuff like that, you guys are ridiculous.

It was just the nature of it. If a guy thought you were soft or that he could get under your skin, he'd cheap shot you all game. If you didn't retaliate or even worse, showed signs of frustration, that's when he had you.

I learned pretty fast as a 5'9, 225 lb 3-4 OLB in Texas 5A football that unless you're willing to be a little "under-handed," you're not going to beat the offensive tackle across from you who's committed to Texas or Oklahoma.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

It was just the nature of it. If a guy thought you were soft or that he could get under your skin, he'd cheap shot you all game. If you didn't retaliate or even worse, showed signs of frustration, that's when he had you.

I learned pretty fast as a 5'9, 225 lb 3-4 OLB in Texas 5A football that unless you're willing to be a little "under-handed," you're not going to beat the offensive tackle across from you who's committed to Texas or Oklahoma.

Kenney, where'd you go to school?

Ya id have to say I was pretty level headed until we plah Katy.....they were some of the dirtiest SOB's ever.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Ya id have to say I was pretty level headed until we plah Katy.....they were some of the dirtiest SOB's ever.

A&M Consolidated in College Station.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Nice we played yall back in 02 or 03 i believe. What year did you graduate?

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
Grasspike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was never a really dirty player. As a defensive end, I would put my head down so I couldn't see the QB throw the ball, so the refs in our league wouldn't call roughing the passer. And when I played tight end, on tosses to the other side, I would ignore my block, run sort of a drag pattern, and pick off the slow fat kids who were trailing the play. But I was pretty clean in high school.

My favorite story was that one of my undersized O-linemen had a tough time containing a pretty big DT one time, so one play he reached under the DT's pads and gave him a maximum strength purple nurple, causing the DT to go ballistic and get ejected from the game.

There's a great story about the time my school played a school for the deaf, but I feel pretty dirty every time I tell it...

Sig by matthouston91
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
kenney wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:
kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Nice we played yall back in 02 or 03 i believe. What year did you graduate?

Which high school? I was on the freshman team in 03.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: