Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
BP wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Two things:

1. Can we, as a forum, come up with 15 guys we think will be around in the second round that the Patriots want?

2. Now I have a very compelling reason to not want Nuke Hopkins on our team...

1. Tyrann Mathieu, Cornellius Carradine, Keenan Allen, Jamie Collins, Darius Slay, Phillip Thomas, Larry Warford, Marcus Davis, Dallas Thomas, Markus Wheaton, Montee Ball, Malliciah Goodman, Jesse Williams, BW Webb, Blidi Wreh-Wilson

2. Why, because he was accused of trashing his room? He denied it, saying through his agent that he left hours prior to any damage being done.

lol. Through his agent, he's also blaming it on another draft prospect. I was duped by this, but apparently it's not true, and he's trying to pile on a guy who already has enough stuff to deal with.
I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Nuke Hopkins either, but I wouldn't be upset if he were a Patriot because he could really help us win a championship I believe.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
BP wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Two things:

1. Can we, as a forum, come up with 15 guys we think will be around in the second round that the Patriots want?

1. Tyrann Mathieu, Cornellius Carradine, Keenan Allen, Jamie Collins, Darius Slay, Phillip Thomas, Larry Warford, Marcus Davis, Dallas Thomas, Markus Wheaton, Montee Ball, Malliciah Goodman, Jesse Williams, BW Webb, Blidi Wreh-Wilson

2. Why, because he was accused of trashing his room? He denied it, saying through his agent that he left hours prior to any damage being done.

lol. Through his agent, he's also blaming it on another draft prospect. I was duped by this, but apparently it's not true, and he's trying to pile on a guy who already has enough stuff to deal with.
Seems like you have something against the guy.

I have something against guys who pawn their problems off on other people, sure. I don't have anything against Nuk specifically.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
BP wrote:
Richter wrote:
And no DE makes me sad.
Well I anticipate the Pats will still find a way to sign Dwight Freeney or John Abraham after they cut Stephen Gostkowski.

Another prospect I'd maybe place odds on being drafted by the Patriots is Dallas Thomas, guard prospect from Tennessee. Drafting a suitable left guard replacement for Logan Mankins in case the Pats come to their senses and approach him with a salary cut demand or a roster cut ultimatum (following 2013 season hypothetically), then Thomas would figure to be a solid backup option.

No way do they cut Gostkowski in time to sign Freeney or Abraham. The only way they'd cut him is if he was outplayed in camp. By late August, I would expect both veteran DE's to have homes.
We'll see how ballsy the Pats are. We know how ballsy they've been before so I wouldn't put this type of move past them. Especially if they draft a replacement place kicker/punter type (which there are a few of in this draft class), like I have them doing in my mock draft.

They're not going to cut a very reliable - albeit overpaid - kicker for a 7th round pick without seeing how that 7th round pick performs in camp. I agree that Gostkowski will be pushed and that he might lose his job. I see no way Belichick makes that decision without having a trusted replacement in place.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
BP wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Two things:

I'm not the biggest fan in the world of Nuke Hopkins either, but I wouldn't be upset if he were a Patriot because he could really help us win a championship I believe.

Me too. He's young. He can mature. I'm just disappointed, is all.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh I gotcha rab. and McMurts, I totally see your point and it's a valid one.
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, forget about having a list of 15 guys that I'd view as second round prospects for the Pats; I've got about 20 guys total I want in the draft. This class sucks. I really want late round fliers on a few guys, though, so I'm hoping they trade down a bit and move Mallett. Josh Boyce, Earl Wolff, Glenn Foster, Lawrence Okoye and Reid Fragel are the guys I like later than the 4th round, and I'd rather take a shot on a bunch of top athletes with the hopes that one or two pan out, than put my relatively few eggs into one basket, in a crummy draft like this.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given Carradine's workout results, I'd be disappointed if the Pats passed on him - though I expect him to be gone by #29
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Given Carradine's workout results, I'd be disappointed if the Pats passed on him - though I expect him to be gone by #29

All I've seen is his 40 time - you know where there are other numbers? I'm very, very high on him, but I'd like to see how explosive he is coming off that knee injury.
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

All I've seen is his 40 time - you know where there are other numbers? I'm very, very high on him, but I'd like to see how explosive he is coming off that knee injury.

Whatever his numbers are now I think they will be significantly better by the time the season starts. He isn't even 6 months removed from his torn ACL.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
At this point, forget about having a list of 15 guys that I'd view as second round prospects for the Pats; I've got about 20 guys total I want in the draft. This class sucks. I really want late round fliers on a few guys, though, so I'm hoping they trade down a bit and move Mallett. Josh Boyce, Earl Wolff, Glenn Foster, Lawrence Okoye and Reid Fragel are the guys I like later than the 4th round, and I'd rather take a shot on a bunch of top athletes with the hopes that one or two pan out, than put my relatively few eggs into one basket, in a crummy draft like this.

ENGLAND REPRESENT.

I like you now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Richter wrote:

ENGLAND REPRESENT.

I like you now.

Now?
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Richter wrote:

ENGLAND REPRESENT.

I like you now.

Now?

Do you accept that Luol Deng is the best Chicago Bulls basketball player of all-time?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Richter wrote:

ENGLAND REPRESENT.

I like you now.

Now?

I really meant 'more' Embarassed <3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Richter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Richter wrote:

ENGLAND REPRESENT.

I like you now.

Now?

Do you accept that Luol Deng is the best Chicago Bulls basketball player of all-time?

Hah, basketball. How quaint. Sure, Luol Deng is great, whatever makes you happy.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Richter wrote:
TomRalph wrote:
Richter wrote:

ENGLAND REPRESENT.

I like you now.

Now?

Hah, basketball. How quaint. Sure, Luol Deng is great, whatever makes you happy.

FAVE PERSON EVAR!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 59 of 60

Jump to: