Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
If there was any doubt before...I'm now about 99.9 percent sure that the Patriots intend to trade out of the first and take two guys in the second. We shall see, I suppose, but that's what it sounds like.

I sure hope so. I have a night class during the second half of the first round and I was planning to skip but I can't. I can watch the whole second and third day though. I'll be on my phone the whole time but I like watching the draft on tv a lot more than having an update on my phone every so often.

Thoughts?

1. KC - Luke Joekel, OT
2. JAC - Ziggy Ansah, DE
3. OAK - Eric Fisher, OT
*4. DET - Dee Milliner, CB
**5. ARI - Lane Johnson, OT
*6. ATL - Desmond Trufant, CB
*7. PHI - Dion Jordan, LB
8. BUF - Tavon Austin, WR
*9. DAL - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR
10. TEN - Star Lotulelei, DT
11. SD - DJ Fluker, OT
12. MIA - Margus Hunt, DE
13. TB - Sharrif Floyd, DT
14. CAR - Xavier Rhodes, CB
15. NO - Geno Smith, QB
16. STL - Kenny Vaccaro, S
17. PIT - Chance Warmack, OG
*18. NYJ - Barkevious Mingo, LB
19. NYG - Jonathan Cooper, OG
20. CHI - Arthur Brown, LB
21. CIN - Jarvis Jones, LB
22. STL - Sheldon Richardson, DT
23. MIN - DeAndre Hopkins, WR
24. IND - Jamar Taylor, CB
25. MIN - Manti Te'o, LB
26. GB - Tyler Eifert, TE
27. HOU - Datone Jones, DE
28. DEN - Kevin Minter, LB
**29. CLE - EJ Manuel, QB
***30. PHI - Matt Barkley, QB
31. SF - Jonathan Cyprien, S
32. BAL - Jon Bostic, LB

Patriots Mock:
1st Trade: Cleveland trades down from sixth overall to Atlanta, which is a team seeking a highly sought-after cornerback prospect in this years draft. Wanting to ensure they get EJ Manuel, Cleveland secures a trade with New England long before Philadelphia approaches with interest in the 29th pick.

2nd Trade: Now stationed at the thirtieth overall draft pick formerly held by Atlanta, New England is approached by Philadelphia after missing out on quarterback EJ Manuel to be able to select the next QB on their big board, Matt Barkley of USC. New England makes out like always, with a couple of trade downs and a handful of more value picks.

Day 2:
Second Round: New England acquires Philadelphia's 2014 first round draft pick and their 2013 second rounder (35th overall). In addition, New England acquires defensive tackle Phil Taylor, (former first round pick), from Cleveland along with their fourth round pick (104th overall) and the 30th overall pick in exchange for pick 29 and their third round pick (91st overall).

Pick 35: Tyrann Mathieu, CB
Pick 59: Montee Ball, RB

Day 3:

Pick 104: Zaviar Gooden, LB
Pick 226: Levine Toilolo, TE
Pick 235: Brett Maher, K
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whyyy would we target cb and rb??
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Whyyy would we target cb and rb??

I can understand CB, though I don't want to see them draft a CB early unless it's a tremendous value.

RB makes no sense unless it's a guy like Lattimore who will likely end up being drafted low due to his injury
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no DE makes me sad.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
And no DE makes me sad.

No WR or DE makes me sad. IMO they really need to take a WR and some DL help (either DT or DE, though DE seems more likely with Kelly on board now)
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see the reasoning for Belichick taking Montee Ball, however I changed that pick to Marcus Davis, wide out from the Virginia Tech Hokies. I like his potential and I think he could be this years Tavon Wilson, WTF-that-guys-not-graded-out-as-a-second-rounder pick. Laughing Wink Seems like a steal (though certainly "over drafted" based on pre-draft value) and a Josh McDaniels receiver type.
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
And no DE makes me sad.

No WR or DE makes me sad. IMO they really need to take a WR and some DL help (either DT or DE, though DE seems more likely with Kelly on board now)

I hope that they can somehow parlay Mallett into a player from the Browns, hopefully Taylor, and then focus on WR, DE, CB and S. I'd love to get Cyprien, but I don't know how they could manage that while still addressing the first two positions early. They have to get another pass rusher, though.
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
And no DE makes me sad.
Well I anticipate the Pats will still find a way to sign Dwight Freeney or John Abraham after they cut Stephen Gostkowski.

Another prospect I'd maybe place odds on being drafted by the Patriots is Dallas Thomas, guard prospect from Tennessee. Drafting a suitable left guard replacement for Logan Mankins in case the Pats come to their senses and approach him with a salary cut demand or a roster cut ultimatum (following 2013 season hypothetically), then Thomas would figure to be a solid backup option and save the Pats a lot of money.

Last edited by BP on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
And no DE makes me sad.

I hope that they can somehow parlay Mallett into a player from the Browns, hopefully Taylor, and then focus on WR, DE, CB and S. I'd love to get Cyprien, but I don't know how they could manage that while still addressing the first two positions early. They have to get another pass rusher, though.
Like the way you think but only way they move Mallett is if Browns miss out on their QB, which I think is EJ Manuel, and if they do I don't see them pursuing Mallett hard enough that the Pats are willing to part ways. But I do like your thinking on trying to get Jonathan Cyprien. Did you see my trades in the mock I posted?
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:

1. Can we, as a forum, come up with 15 guys we think will be around in the second round that the Patriots want?

2. Now I have a very compelling reason to not want Nuke Hopkins on our team...

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Richter wrote:
And no DE makes me sad.
Well I anticipate the Pats will still find a way to sign Dwight Freeney or John Abraham after they cut Stephen Gostkowski.

Another prospect I'd maybe place odds on being drafted by the Patriots is Dallas Thomas, guard prospect from Tennessee. Drafting a suitable left guard replacement for Logan Mankins in case the Pats come to their senses and approach him with a salary cut demand or a roster cut ultimatum (following 2013 season hypothetically), then Thomas would figure to be a solid backup option.

No way do they cut Gostkowski in time to sign Freeney or Abraham. The only way they'd cut him is if he was outplayed in camp. By late August, I would expect both veteran DE's to have homes.
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Two things:

1. Can we, as a forum, come up with 15 guys we think will be around in the second round that the Patriots want?

1. Tyrann Mathieu, Cornellius Carradine, Keenan Allen, Jamie Collins, Darius Slay, Phillip Thomas, Larry Warford, Marcus Davis, Dallas Thomas, Markus Wheaton, Montee Ball, Malliciah Goodman, Jesse Williams, BW Webb, Blidi Wreh-Wilson

2. Why, because he was accused of trashing his room? He denied it, saying through his agent that he left hours prior to any damage being done.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Two things:

1. Tyrann Mathieu, Cornellius Carradine, Keenan Allen, Jamie Collins, Darius Slay, Phillip Thomas, Larry Warford, Marcus Davis, Dallas Thomas, Markus Wheaton, Montee Ball, Malliciah Goodman, Jesse Williams, BW Webb, Blidi Wreh-Wilson

2. Why, because he was accused of trashing his room? He denied it, saying through his agent that he left hours prior to any damage being done.

lol. Through his agent, he's also blaming it on another draft prospect. I was duped by this, but apparently it's not true, and he's trying to pile on a guy who already has enough stuff to deal with.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Last edited by rabbisson on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
BP wrote:
Richter wrote:
And no DE makes me sad.

Another prospect I'd maybe place odds on being drafted by the Patriots is Dallas Thomas, guard prospect from Tennessee. Drafting a suitable left guard replacement for Logan Mankins in case the Pats come to their senses and approach him with a salary cut demand or a roster cut ultimatum (following 2013 season hypothetically), then Thomas would figure to be a solid backup option.

No way do they cut Gostkowski in time to sign Freeney or Abraham. The only way they'd cut him is if he was outplayed in camp. By late August, I would expect both veteran DE's to have homes.
We'll see how ballsy the Pats are. We know how ballsy they've been before so I wouldn't put this type of move past them. Especially if they draft a replacement place kicker/punter type (which there are a few of in this draft class), like I have them doing in my mock draft.

Last edited by BP on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
BP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
BP wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
Two things:

lol. Through his agent, he's also blaming it on another draft prospect. I was duped by this, but apparently it's not true, and he's trying to pile on a guy who already has enough stuff to deal with.
Seems like you have something against the guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 58 of 60

Jump to: