Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
Just finished watching tape on this guy. I think he can bulk up if necessary to play a more formidable pass rush role. Dominant and elite athlete. Seems very stout against the run and is very powerful even against bigger athletes. He covers space quickly and wastes nothing from him to the ball. I really like his potential, but I hate how he jogs around and doesn't seem to give his full effort. Motor is questionable to me.

I wouldn't question his motor. He loses leverage when he gets out of his stance too often because he stands up straight. He is also already 26 in July and still needs to learn the game of football. Those two things in combination are pretty detrimental.

Being 26 is pretty irrelevant. You're still getting 5 of the guy's peak athletic years on his 1st contract and his body is relatively fresh for a 26 year old football player.

I don't want the Pats to draft him, but the age thing is totally overblown. The rawness is a real (and more problematic) issue but the Pats have taken those gambles in the 2nd round so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise. In the 1st round though? I'd be pretty annoyed if they took him that high. He's a 3rd rounder most years, maybe worth a 2nd this year due to the awful draft class.

I always had him pegged as a 3 rounder value wise. I mention his age more because of his lack of football knowledge. I feel that that disadvantage is big enough, but his advanced age for a rookie exacerbates it even further. I think that is where his age play a big knock role. Like you said, his football age is still probably around 23-24.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
m haynes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network had LSU pro day results on last night. Eric Reid stole the show with his speed and movement. They said he might pass the kid from Texas and move up the draft board.

Every LSU game I watched this kid stood out. I thought he was just what we needed however I would have never thought he would be there when we picked. The information that I read and seen did not match what I saw the last 2 years. They said he was 3rd best and a 2nd RD pick. I kind of wrote him off and believe what others have said.

Well after the show last night I went back and watched his videos. I am impressed all over again. He big, fast , read the play and a team leader. I also like the fact that his teams played the best teams in the C Football. The play he made against Alabama showed me all his skills in one play. I thought it was amazing the way he read the play and just left his man to save the TD. IMO he would be a great pick for this team. His skills is what we desperately need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xQi0xfAeI

Watch the read on this play. Amazing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiNjjAVYm_o
BP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Reid is going to be a great NFL safety. Wouldn't be upset with the pick at all if he were there at 29. Though I have to say, I thought he was a little underrated at the combine for the numbers he put up there.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriots Hosted Marcus Lattimore

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2013/03/nfl_draft_2013_new_england_pat.html

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
PoWww

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:

Could be a great value pick. Obviously, the injuries scare me. People were worried about McGahee's knees too and he had a great NFL Career.

If he's available in a later round, he might be too good to pass up. Also saw that Tyrann Mathieu is visiting Foxboro as well. One of my favorite players in the draft. Patriot's apparently drilled him with questions at the combine.

^Deadpulse
TomRalph wrote:
Looking forward to a Top 10 pick this year.

Adopt a Patriot- Stevan Ridley
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Could be a great value pick. Obviously, the injuries scare me. People were worried about McGahee's knees too and he had a great NFL Career.

If he's available in a later round, he might be too good to pass up. Also saw that Tyrann Mathieu is visiting Foxboro as well. One of my favorite players in the draft. Patriot's apparently drilled him with questions at the combine.

Its not out of BB's wheelhouse to take a player who are injured their final year (Gronk, Chad Jackson). However, theres always Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen, making it an extremely crowded backfield.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
PoWww wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Its not out of BB's wheelhouse to take a player who are injured their final year (Gronk, Chad Jackson). However, theres always Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen, making it an extremely crowded backfield.

Lattimore's injury was pretty bad so I can see him being on IR his first season to build up strength and by that time Ridley and Vereen will be in the last year of their contracts. If Lattimore is better than Ridley and proves he can stay healthy let Ridley walk, if not extend Ridley. Too many good running backs is a great problem to have so I would be all for taking Lattimore in the later rounds.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
PoWww wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

Lattimore's injury was pretty bad so I can see him being on IR his first season to build up strength and by that time Ridley and Vereen will be in the last year of their contracts. If Lattimore is better than Ridley and proves he can stay healthy let Ridley walk, if not extend Ridley. Too many good running backs is a great problem to have so I would be all for taking Lattimore in the later rounds.

My point was more his value is lessened based on the presence of 2 very viable backs already on the roster. He would have to slip a little farther than if Ridley and Vereen weren't on the team.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bill Belichick is attending the USF Pro Day, which features CB Kayvon Webster, DT Cory Grissom and OLB Sam Barrington.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/316220935487229954

This happened on the 25th. I really like Webster, his cover skills are impressive and has nice speed and could be had on day 3.

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind the Pats trading one of their first 3 picks into next year, which should be a much stronger draft class.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Wouldn't mind the Pats trading one of their first 3 picks into next year, which should be a much stronger draft class.

I wouldn't either necessarily, but how small are they willing to make this draft class?

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

I wouldn't either necessarily, but how small are they willing to make this draft class?

4 or 5 picks, I'd think. You could see some trades which end up giving them a board of:

2nd
3rd
4th
4th
7th

2014 2nd
2014 6th

Only problem with that is the 4th-7th round of this draft are probably going to be awful so I wouldn't necessarily be in a rush to add too many picks in those rounds if I were Belichick.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

4 or 5 picks, I'd think. You could see some trades which end up giving them a board of:

2nd
3rd
4th
4th
7th

2014 2nd
2014 6th

Only problem with that is the 4th-7th round of this draft are probably going to be awful so I wouldn't necessarily be in a rush to add too many picks in those rounds if I were Belichick.

I would try and grab a 2nd this year and a 2nd next if we trade out of the 1st round (not in the same move)

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sly Williams...that is all.

AAP-Chandler Jones-12 tkls, 2 sax, 1 FF & 1 TD
Wk 2 AFC POTW
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting sick of seeing the "experts" mock Hunt to the Pats at #29[/code]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 44 of 60

Jump to: