Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins seems like a reach at 29. He could be available at the end of the second round. A team in need of a 3-4 olb, might take a chance on Collins at the end of round round 1 or the beginning of round two, but I am not certain of that.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
Collins seems like a reach at 29. He could be available at the end of the second round. A team in need of a 3-4 olb, might take a chance on Collins at the end of round round 1 or the beginning of round two, but I am not certain of that.

Collins is a top 15-20 player in this draft IMO. I might even put him in the top 10. He might continue to fly under the radar but I doubt it.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:

Collins is a top 15-20 player in this draft IMO. I might even put him in the top 10. He might continue to fly under the radar but I doubt it.

So many people are suggesting he could be a 'surprise Top 20 pick' that I'm beginning to think it won't be a surprise when it happens.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Paoletti saying on Twitter that BB, Caserio and Scott Obrien at UCONN pro day today.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
kuramahiei1091

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2236&tid=186537064&mid=186537064&sid=1082&style=2

Apparantly the Pats had a private workout with Marshall WR Antavious Wilson. I'm a little shocked since if I had heard New England was working out an MU receiver I would've assumed Dobson. Wilson played opposite Dobson last year. He's a decent red zone guy, decent route runner. His big problem is ball security. O can think of two games from just last year that a late Wilson fumble turned into a Marshall loss. O wouldn't expect anything more than a 7th on him, even that I'd be surprised.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Mary Paoletti saying on Twitter that BB, Caserio and Scott Obrien at UCONN pro day today.

Not familiar with many UCONN prospects, mostly just Wreh-Wilson

Sigs-Taking Requests
m haynes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
m haynes wrote:
I not sure how everyone felt when the Pats took Nate Solder. I was shock, I thought they would go defense.

The same thing could happen this year at 29 if they keep the pick. The player that I have a feeling that they will take is Margus Hunt. Although they play different positions, they both have similar traits, big, freakish athleticism and with tremendous upside.

I always here/read that BB wants and needs size to play his defense, so what better player would fit that mold than Hunt. Another reason why I feel this is the players he will take is base on his track record. Every draft we all scream for defense however we all watch the Pats pass on future stars such as Mathews year in and year out. Last year everyone was shocked when BB made two trades up the board and who did he take, two big freakish athletes. That why IMO this is the player he will pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72SLCNaHJco

Not a chance. First, I wholeheartedly believe they trade down from 29. However if they stay at their current spot, there is no way that Belichick invests a 1st round pick on a DE because 1) He just TRADED UP last year to get one, something he rarely ever does and 2) Margus Hunt's biggest knock outside of losing leverage frequently is the fact that he still needs to learn the game and the position. BB actively avoids the flashy players and goes with lesser known guys based on football acumen, and Hunt has close to none. Finally, 3) The value simply is not there at 29. Most have him pegged as a mid second, and even that is too high IMO.

The only thing going for him to become a Patriot is that some scouts think he could play TE, and BB might like that versatility. On the flip side of that, if scouts are talking position change, it doesn't say much about him at DE.

He is a boom or bust DE, and that is obvious. I highly doubt anyone in the Patriots war room thinks its safe to bet a 1st rounder on him.

I agree mostly what you said. However they talked about Solder needing to learn his craft when he came out. Solder also had a bad SR Bowl week where he looked horrible.

I still think DE is a option even with the pick last year.

I don't think safe pick mean anything with the Pats. Just look at Wilson last year. That pick was anything but safe!!!
BP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

I've been saying the name, get it through your heads.

Dwayne Gratz.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson is the second guy on their list from UConn they're looking at.
BP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuramahiei1091 wrote:
http://marshall.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2236&tid=186537064&mid=186537064&sid=1082&style=2

Apparantly the Pats had a private workout with Marshall WR Antavious Wilson. I'm a little shocked since if I had heard New England was working out an MU receiver I would've assumed Dobson. Wilson played opposite Dobson last year. He's a decent red zone guy, decent route runner. His big problem is ball security. O can think of two games from just last year that a late Wilson fumble turned into a Marshall loss. O wouldn't expect anything more than a 7th on him, even that I'd be surprised.
Dobson ain't flanking for the Pats. He had better not be.

Wilson on the other hand is a #2/3 guy to throw to. Split end who'd play in similar spots on the field as Branch did in 2010.
BP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

I've been saying the name, get it through your heads.

Dwayne Gratz.

Blidi Wreh-Wilson is the second guy on their list from UConn they're looking at.
What Im talking about, what I think their list looks like of guys to scout at the UConn pro day:

1. Gratz, DB
2. Wreh-Wilson, CB
3. Williams, LB
4. Griffin, TE
5. Moore, LB
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're looking at WR Nick Williams as well. He can return kicks and punts and fits our MO for the position. Could be interesting late round/UDFA guy.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
m haynes wrote:
I not sure how everyone felt when the Pats took Nate Solder. I was shock, I thought they would go defense.

The same thing could happen this year at 29 if they keep the pick. The player that I have a feeling that they will take is Margus Hunt. Although they play different positions, they both have similar traits, big, freakish athleticism and with tremendous upside.

I always here/read that BB wants and needs size to play his defense, so what better player would fit that mold than Hunt. Another reason why I feel this is the players he will take is base on his track record. Every draft we all scream for defense however we all watch the Pats pass on future stars such as Mathews year in and year out. Last year everyone was shocked when BB made two trades up the board and who did he take, two big freakish athletes. That why IMO this is the player he will pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72SLCNaHJco

Not a chance. First, I wholeheartedly believe they trade down from 29. However if they stay at their current spot, there is no way that Belichick invests a 1st round pick on a DE because 1) He just TRADED UP last year to get one, something he rarely ever does and 2) Margus Hunt's biggest knock outside of losing leverage frequently is the fact that he still needs to learn the game and the position. BB actively avoids the flashy players and goes with lesser known guys based on football acumen, and Hunt has close to none. Finally, 3) The value simply is not there at 29. Most have him pegged as a mid second, and even that is too high IMO.

The only thing going for him to become a Patriot is that some scouts think he could play TE, and BB might like that versatility. On the flip side of that, if scouts are talking position change, it doesn't say much about him at DE.

He is a boom or bust DE, and that is obvious. I highly doubt anyone in the Patriots war room thinks its safe to bet a 1st rounder on him.

I agree mostly what you said. However they talked about Solder needing to learn his craft when he came out. Solder also had a bad SR Bowl week where he looked horrible.

I still think DE is a option even with the pick last year.

I don't think safe pick mean anything with the Pats. Just look at Wilson last year. That pick was anything but safe!!!

The difference is Margus Hunt just immigrated from Estonia and just found out football existed.

Sigs-Taking Requests
patsfan25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching tape on this guy. I think he can bulk up if necessary to play a more formidable pass rush role. Dominant and elite athlete. Seems very stout against the run and is very powerful even against bigger athletes. He covers space quickly and wastes nothing from him to the ball. I really like his potential, but I hate how he jogs around and doesn't seem to give his full effort. Motor is questionable to me.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Just finished watching tape on this guy. I think he can bulk up if necessary to play a more formidable pass rush role. Dominant and elite athlete. Seems very stout against the run and is very powerful even against bigger athletes. He covers space quickly and wastes nothing from him to the ball. I really like his potential, but I hate how he jogs around and doesn't seem to give his full effort. Motor is questionable to me.

I wouldn't question his motor. He loses leverage when he gets out of his stance too often because he stands up straight. He is also already 26 in July and still needs to learn the game of football. Those two things in combination are pretty detrimental.

Sigs-Taking Requests
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:

I wouldn't question his motor. He loses leverage when he gets out of his stance too often because he stands up straight. He is also already 26 in July and still needs to learn the game of football. Those two things in combination are pretty detrimental.

Being 26 is pretty irrelevant. You're still getting 5 of the guy's peak athletic years on his 1st contract and his body is relatively fresh for a 26 year old football player.

I don't want the Pats to draft him, but the age thing is totally overblown. The rawness is a real (and more problematic) issue but the Pats have taken those gambles in the 2nd round so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise. In the 1st round though? I'd be pretty annoyed if they took him that high. He's a 3rd rounder most years, maybe worth a 2nd this year due to the awful draft class.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 43 of 60

Jump to: