Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11961
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23196
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9041
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is this player? Height and weight?
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Not lying. Pinkie swear.
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rabbisson


Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Posts: 28819
Location: Stam#PoWwW
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.


He could be a "surprise" mid first round pick for sure. I'm not sure I'd take him at 29 just because I don't know were we'd play him though...
_________________

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11961
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.


He could be a "surprise" mid first round pick for sure. I'm not sure I'd take him at 29 just because I don't know were we'd play him though...

Trot him out there with Jones and/or Ninkovich and whatever vet they sign, as a rush specialist. His future is as an athletic end that stands up at times, in my estimation. He has DeMarcus Ware written all over him. More explosive, though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8396
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.


He could be a "surprise" mid first round pick for sure. I'm not sure I'd take him at 29 just because I don't know were we'd play him though...

Trot him out there with Jones and/or Ninkovich and whatever vet they sign, as a rush specialist. His future is as an athletic end that stands up at times, in my estimation. He has DeMarcus Ware written all over him. More explosive, though.


More explosion, less versatility and pure dominance.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11961
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.


He could be a "surprise" mid first round pick for sure. I'm not sure I'd take him at 29 just because I don't know were we'd play him though...

Trot him out there with Jones and/or Ninkovich and whatever vet they sign, as a rush specialist. His future is as an athletic end that stands up at times, in my estimation. He has DeMarcus Ware written all over him. More explosive, though.


More explosion, less versatility and pure dominance.

Not sure about the less versatility part. The dominance part, well, I never expect prospects to reach that level, it's too rare to predict. I could see it happen with him, though. He's not just a jump out of the gym freak, he produced. He's a football player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patsfan25


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 5061
Location: CenCal
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
If Lotulelei drops out of the top 15 (maybe even top 10), it means that his condition is a prohibitive problem. That's not a guy the Pats are going to trade up for. Especially in a year when they have a limited number of picks and 1 quality WR under contract.



It depends on many small things though. A condition like that can be monitored differently from many teams. Some will be high on it, some won't. We've taken many risks before, and I definitely see a scenario where we do with Star. The biggest question is, will we have the chance? Which I doubt.

I think WR is becoming more of a pressing need now, especially with nothing much left on the FA market. Call me crazy, but I've been envisioning an Austin/Bailey draft. I really feel like BB may pull it off.


The Pats might take that risk late in round 2, but they don't take those types of risks in round 1.

Besides, a heart condition is something most (or all) team doctors should evaluate pretty similarly. The odds that 10-15 medical staffs say "no way" and the Pats' says "he's fine" seems pretty slim.


How do you know they won't? Becuz it hasn't happened before? Its ridiculous how you think you have BB down to the point. Anything can happen with Belichick. He will take risks where he sees fit. That doesn't mean I'm guaranteeing anything here. But riding it off is a ludicrous.


Belichick could bolt and coach a soccer team in Uganda, doesn't change the fact that its highly improbable and not logical given the information we have.


Not my point, as you're taking it well over context. I don't believe BB has a trait that can be deemed a given, in terms of his history and trends. Look at his history here, and you will realize the different approaches and calls he has made for this franchise. Belichick is a chamaleon. Not set and stone.
_________________
On Logan Ryan, pre-draft:
patsfan25 wrote:
Logan Ryan will be the steal of the draft.


Aite,

peace.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8396
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.


He could be a "surprise" mid first round pick for sure. I'm not sure I'd take him at 29 just because I don't know were we'd play him though...

Trot him out there with Jones and/or Ninkovich and whatever vet they sign, as a rush specialist. His future is as an athletic end that stands up at times, in my estimation. He has DeMarcus Ware written all over him. More explosive, though.


More explosion, less versatility and pure dominance.

Not sure about the less versatility part. The dominance part, well, I never expect prospects to reach that level, it's too rare to predict. I could see it happen with him, though. He's not just a jump out of the gym freak, he produced. He's a football player.


Ware has the ability and the acumen to do almost anything you ask of him in the box. Collins will never have that ability. He wont be a 4 down player.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 11961
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.


He could be a "surprise" mid first round pick for sure. I'm not sure I'd take him at 29 just because I don't know were we'd play him though...

Trot him out there with Jones and/or Ninkovich and whatever vet they sign, as a rush specialist. His future is as an athletic end that stands up at times, in my estimation. He has DeMarcus Ware written all over him. More explosive, though.


More explosion, less versatility and pure dominance.

Not sure about the less versatility part. The dominance part, well, I never expect prospects to reach that level, it's too rare to predict. I could see it happen with him, though. He's not just a jump out of the gym freak, he produced. He's a football player.


Ware has the ability and the acumen to do almost anything you ask of him in the box. Collins will never have that ability. He wont be a 4 down player.

I had no idea Ware could play middle linebacker...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8396
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
For all of those Jamie Collins fans out there, apparently Belichick worked him out privately at Southern Miss.

Tell me you're lying. That would be too good to be true.


Do you think he's still there at 29? There are a lot of teams in the middle of the 1st rounder that could use him.


He could be a "surprise" mid first round pick for sure. I'm not sure I'd take him at 29 just because I don't know were we'd play him though...

Trot him out there with Jones and/or Ninkovich and whatever vet they sign, as a rush specialist. His future is as an athletic end that stands up at times, in my estimation. He has DeMarcus Ware written all over him. More explosive, though.


More explosion, less versatility and pure dominance.

Not sure about the less versatility part. The dominance part, well, I never expect prospects to reach that level, it's too rare to predict. I could see it happen with him, though. He's not just a jump out of the gym freak, he produced. He's a football player.


Ware has the ability and the acumen to do almost anything you ask of him in the box. Collins will never have that ability. He wont be a 4 down player.

I had no idea Ware could play middle linebacker...


I meant at his position. He rushes, stops the run, and drops into coverage all very well. Thats where his versatility comes in.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m haynes


Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 756
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not sure how everyone felt when the Pats took Nate Solder. I was shock, I thought they would go defense.

The same thing could happen this year at 29 if they keep the pick. The player that I have a feeling that they will take is Margus Hunt. Although they play different positions, they both have similar traits, big, freakish athleticism and with tremendous upside.

I always here/read that BB wants and needs size to play his defense, so what better player would fit that mold than Hunt. Another reason why I feel this is the players he will take is base on his track record. Every draft we all scream for defense however we all watch the Pats pass on future stars such as Mathews year in and year out. Last year everyone was shocked when BB made two trades up the board and who did he take, two big freakish athletes. That why IMO this is the player he will pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72SLCNaHJco
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 8396
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
I not sure how everyone felt when the Pats took Nate Solder. I was shock, I thought they would go defense.

The same thing could happen this year at 29 if they keep the pick. The player that I have a feeling that they will take is Margus Hunt. Although they play different positions, they both have similar traits, big, freakish athleticism and with tremendous upside.

I always here/read that BB wants and needs size to play his defense, so what better player would fit that mold than Hunt. Another reason why I feel this is the players he will take is base on his track record. Every draft we all scream for defense however we all watch the Pats pass on future stars such as Mathews year in and year out. Last year everyone was shocked when BB made two trades up the board and who did he take, two big freakish athletes. That why IMO this is the player he will pick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72SLCNaHJco


Not a chance. First, I wholeheartedly believe they trade down from 29. However if they stay at their current spot, there is no way that Belichick invests a 1st round pick on a DE because 1) He just TRADED UP last year to get one, something he rarely ever does and 2) Margus Hunt's biggest knock outside of losing leverage frequently is the fact that he still needs to learn the game and the position. BB actively avoids the flashy players and goes with lesser known guys based on football acumen, and Hunt has close to none. Finally, 3) The value simply is not there at 29. Most have him pegged as a mid second, and even that is too high IMO.

The only thing going for him to become a Patriot is that some scouts think he could play TE, and BB might like that versatility. On the flip side of that, if scouts are talking position change, it doesn't say much about him at DE.

He is a boom or bust DE, and that is obvious. I highly doubt anyone in the Patriots war room thinks its safe to bet a 1st rounder on him.
_________________

Sigs
Patriots Red Sox Celtics
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 42 of 60

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group