Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Other than that, we need an interior sub-package pass-rusher. We're not getting anything like a consistent enough pas-rush up front and that'll help secondary play a huge deal. Certainly did for the Texans when Wade Phillips rolled into town.

Wade Phillips has Connor Barwin, Brooks Reed and JJ Watt. That's what has helped their D.

A situational interior rusher isn't going to cure the problems they have, though it could help a little. But it's tough to find those guys.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
Other than that, we need an interior sub-package pass-rusher. We're not getting anything like a consistent enough pas-rush up front and that'll help secondary play a huge deal. Certainly did for the Texans when Wade Phillips rolled into town.

Wade Phillips has Connor Barwin, Brooks Reed and JJ Watt. That's what has helped their D.

A situational interior rusher isn't going to cure the problems they have, though it could help a little. But it's tough to find those guys.

It's got to help cure the problem we have down the stretch. We're getting handled on those last drives. I'm guessing Fanene was supposed to be that guy this year, possibly a bigger loss than was noted at the time.
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Taylor on South Carolina. Doesn't get talked about much because he plays opposite of Clowney, but he's a solid DE. Good pash rusher.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love how suddenly Ansah is getting coverage everywhere and being hyped up like crazy, when no one was even talking about him outside of draftnik circles just a couple weeks ago.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Love how suddenly Ansah is getting coverage everywhere and being hyped up like crazy, when no one was even talking about him outside of draftnik circles just a couple weeks ago.

Happens every year with a handful of guys.
Richter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:

Happens every year with a handful of guys.

Just annoying that not more than a week after I talked about him as a hidden gem, his national profile blows up, thereby ruining any chance the Pats get him as a later round steal. Still, if he performed well the rest of this season and showed well in postseason activities, I wouldn't complain about the Pats going with pass rushers in back to back years.
m haynes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the Pats not picking a O tackle in the 1st. I worry every play that Vollmer will go down and we have nothing behind our two tackles. I would love to see Joeckel or Mathews. I see Mathews where we might pick next year. They say he can be moved to the left side. I also love the family tree thing !!!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
I can't see the Pats not picking a O tackle in the 1st. I worry every play that Vollmer will go down and we have nothing behind our two tackles. I would love to see Joeckel or Mathews. I see Mathews where we might pick next year. They say he can be moved to the left side. I also love the family tree thing !!!

I don't foresee them taking a RT in the 1st round and Solder has been solid (or better) at LT.

If they take an OL early, I hope it's an interior guy for either RG or C. But I'd still prefer an all defense draft.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:

I don't foresee them taking a RT in the 1st round and Solder has been solid (or better) at LT.

If they take an OL early, I hope it's an interior guy for either RG or C. But I'd still prefer an all defense draft.

Vollmer has been the best RT in the league this year. Yes he has not played every snap, but he still has the seventh most snaps of all NFL tackles this year (Solder lead all tackles in snaps played).

I do not see a backup being drafted in the first round.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:

Vollmer has been the best RT in the league this year. Yes he has not played every snap, but he still has the seventh most snaps of all NFL tackles this year (Solder lead all tackles in snaps played).

Vollmer is a free agent at the end of the year and I think most of us are assuming he will not be retained.
Richter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
nextsuperstar wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:

Vollmer is a free agent at the end of the year and I think most of us are assuming he will not be retained.

I'm not making that assumption yet. I think it will come down almost entirely to health. Money may be a concern if some team looks past his medical and offers him a huge contract, but I think the franchise tag followed by a long term deal is possible, if they think he'll hold up.
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:

I could see them taking Barrett Jones type guy in the 1st. I dont think we'll take a C.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
m haynes wrote:

I could see them taking Barrett Jones type guy in the 1st. I dont think we'll take a C.

I like Jones a lot - really versatile, played both left tackle and at center and not missed a step. Great school - lots to like here.
m haynes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like some have OL important. Some of the comments raise the need IMO.

Big V a free agent with a bad back. He knows the his career is short( His thinking) I have to hit the big payday. Healthy hes good but I can't see him with us much longer.

Forget any picks for defense, they can't coach them, why waste the time. Get offense, they can then score 100 points a game!!!

All seriousness, OL is the biggest need. LT will give us cover for Solder and or take over for Big V. If one goes down, we have no one. Cannon !!!!!!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m haynes wrote:
Well it looks like some have OL important. Some of the comments raise the need IMO.

Big V a free agent with a bad back. He knows the his career is short( His thinking) I have to hit the big payday. Healthy hes good but I can't see him with us much longer.

Forget any picks for defense, they can't coach them, why waste the time. Get offense, they can then score 100 points a game!!!

All seriousness, OL is the biggest need. LT will give us cover for Solder and or take over for Big V. If one goes down, we have no one. Cannon !!!!!!

You don't draft a LT early when you already have one and a RT isn't worth a 1st round pick on this team - even if Vollmer leaves.

The biggest boost the OL could get is getting an elite G or C who can fortify the pocket up the middle and also help pave way for Ridley etc. The current guys are OK but a dominant interior OL would do wonders for the offense's consistency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 5 of 60

Jump to: