Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The top three safeties this year are Cyprien, Swearinger, and Vacarro. I'm pretty sure that's consensus at this point.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFPatsFan wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
I have no idea how anyone is evaluating aaron dobson. i have only been able to see limited - like 10 second clips - of him playing.

All I need to see to trade everything for him. Seriously though he has good size at 6'3 200lbs but just based on what I saw at the Senior Bowl I don't think he is very fast and doesn't get separation. He does have good hands and good body control which helps him but I didn't see him running away from people after he caught the ball. He kind of looks like a taller Brandon Lloyd to me and I wouldn't want him before the 3rd.

He is a decent athlete with good size who can make crazy catches, but he is quite raw. Best attribute imo is that he from the same alma matter as Troy Brown and Randy Moss.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consensus =/= total unanimity
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BP wrote:
Top 15 Quarterbacks:

1. Tyler Wilson
2. Geno Smith
3. EJ Manuel
4. Tyler Bray
5. Zac Dysert
6. Matt Barkley
7. Ryan Griffin
8. Sean Renfree
9. Matt Scott
10. Ryan Nassib
11. Mike Glennon
12. Collin Klein
13. Landry Jones
14. Colby Cameron
15. Jordan Rodgers

Weak class overall but you never know what kind of gems you can unearth on day 3. There are some third stringers I wouldn't mind seeing the Patriots take a flyer on and grooming and chances are pretty good that they will if Ryan Mallett is traded away to a team such as the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I understand why Swearinger is where he is, even though I disagree, but Cyprien is way to low on that list IMO

Sigs-Taking Requests
BP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 15 Defensive Ends:

1. Sharrif Floyd (3-4 DE)
2. Barkevious Mingo (4-3 DE/3-4 LB)
3. Ezekiel Ansah (4-3 DE)
4. Star Lotulelei (2-gap 3-4 DE)
5. Sheldon Richardson (1-gap 3-4 DE/4-3 DE)
6. Kawaan Short (3-4 DE)
7. Datone Jones (2-gap 3-4 DE)
8. Bjoern Werner (3-4 LB/4-3 DE)
9. Damontre Moore (3-4 LB/4-3 DE)
10. Jarvis Jones (3-4 LB/4-3 DE/4-3 OLB)
11. Cornellius Carradine (4-3 DE)
12. Malliciah Goodman (2-gap 4-3 DE)
13. Margus Hunt (4-3 DE)
14. Alex Okafor (3-4 LB/4-3 DE)
15. Sam Montgomery (4-3 DE/3-4 LB)
HM: Dion Jordan (3-4 LB/4-3 OLB) -- Won't handle the running game at the pro level with a hand in the dirt. Jordan is a fantastic athlete with shoulder surgery coming up that will hinder his development and he is best suited to playing outside linebacker full time and being utilized in as many creative sub-packages as possible as a pass rusher. Before some of you call BS and lose your marbles on me, that's why you don't see him listed high up on my rankings. That being said...

Top 15 Linebackers:

1. Barkevious Mingo, 3-4 OLB
2. Ezekiel Ansah, 3-4 OLB
3. Dion Jordan, 3-4/4-3 OLB
4. Arthur Brown, 4-3 OLB/MLB
5. Michael Buchanan, 3-4 OLB
6. Bjoern Werner, 3-4 OLB
7. Alex Ogletree, 4-3 MLB
8. Jarvis Jones, OLB 3-4/4-3 OLB
9. Lavar Edwards, 3-4 OLB
10. Damontrae Moore, 3-4 OLB
11. Manti Te'O, 4-3/3-4 MLB/4-3 OLB
12. Kevin Minter, 4-3 MLB
13. Sio Moore, 4-3 OLB/3-4 ILB
14. Nico Johnson, 3-4 MLB
15. Jonathan Bostic, 3-4 ILB

Top 15 Defensive Tackles:

1. Sheldon Richardson
2. Star Lotulelei
3. Datone Jones
4. Kawaan Short
5. John Jenkins
6. Malliciah Goodman
7. Sharrif Floyd
8. Sylvester Williams
9. Jonathan Hankins
10. Jesse Williams
11. Brandon Williams
12. Jordan Hill
13. Bennie Logan
14. Montori Hughes
15. Akeem Spence

Exceptionally deep DT draft with a plethora prospects worthy of first or second round picks. The defensive ends this year are very solid in their own respect. I like the 3-4 defensive ends a little more depth-wise than the 4-3 defensive ends this year but there are quality guys worth looking at in the first and early second in both areas and plenty of 3-4 OLB conversion "projects".

Last edited by BP on Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
The top three safeties this year are Cyprien, Swearinger, and Vacarro. I'm pretty sure that's consensus at this point.

What? Most people have Elam in the top safety group.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

Safety and WR are the deepest position in the draft. Eric Reid is a name to remember. So isn't Rambo. I think its all but in stone that the top 5 starts with Vaccaro and has Swearinger, Cyprien, Elam and Reid.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
rabbisson wrote:

Safety and WR are the deepest position in the draft. Eric Reid is a name to remember. So isn't Rambo. I think its all but in stone that the top 5 starts with Vaccaro and has Swearinger, Cyprien, Elam and Reid.

I don't think it's in stone at all. Many "experts" (take that as you may) have other guys. For example:

DraftCountdown has Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, McDonald and Jefferson as the top 5

CBS Sports has Vaccaro, Reid, Elam, Cyprien, P.Thomas

Etc.

Come draft day, when teams start taking based on style and scheme fit, as well as FS vs SS and I doubt that Vaccaro, Elam, Reid, Cyprien and Swearinger are the first 5.

Specifically, I'm skeptical of Swearinger going in the top 5 safety picks. Vaccaro and Elam seem like locks. Cyprien seems probable. I could see a few guys jumping Reid and I wouldn't have Swearinger in my top 7 safeties. IMO he's getting a bit overrated based on a few highlight reel plays.
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing that bugs me with Swearinger is that we went through this exact thing last year with Antonio Allen. Both are these super hard hitting safeties that supposedly can cover really well (and are from South Carolina). Allen was getting tons of love early in the draft, as high as the second and very commonly in the third. He fell to the seventh and was cut and cleared waivers multiple times this past season. Allen is also bigger and faster than Swearinger.

I don't think Swearinger is going to fall to the seventh and then clear waivers multiple times, but I think this first round (and top-15 according to some in the Draft forum) is ridiculous. I think late third is the earliest we should be talking about him.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
The biggest thing that bugs me with Swearinger is that we went through this exact thing last year with Antonio Allen. Both are these super hard hitting safeties that supposedly can cover really well (and are from South Carolina). Allen was getting tons of love early in the draft, as high as the second and very commonly in the third. He fell to the seventh and was cut and cleared waivers multiple times this past season. Allen is also bigger and faster than Swearinger.

I don't think Swearinger is going to fall to the seventh and then clear waivers multiple times, but I think this first round (and top-15 according to some in the Draft forum) is ridiculous. I think late third is the earliest we should be talking about him.

Especially with the number of decent safety prospects. He shouldn't be sniffing the top 75 picks IMO but given the state of safety play in the NFL, I could easily see some dumb team taking him in round 2.

Top 15 is Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Especially with the number of decent safety prospects. He shouldn't be sniffing the top 75 picks IMO but given the state of safety play in the NFL, I could easily see some dumb team taking him in round 2.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510257&start=60
Yeah, it's bad. Laughing

Of course, I feel like there are more WTF picks at safety than most other positions. I mean, look at who the Pats took last year.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510257&start=60
Yeah, it's bad. Laughing

Of course, I feel like there are more WTF picks at safety than most other positions. I mean, look at who the Pats took last year.

This is stupefying:

Quote:
If Mark Barron is a Top 10 pick, DJ Swearinger has ever right to be one too.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multiple teams are looking at Swearinger as a first round pick. He and Allen are completely different types of football players, and the tape bears that conclusion out.

Swearinger and Allen also played different positions in college. Allen was a LB rover type, Swearinger was a deep safety. Even though Swearinger didn't test incredibly well, he was called on to do much more one-on-one coverage than Allen had to do in college, and succeeded at it when tested.

So yeah, they're not really comparable prospects. Allen may have looked better in shorts, but he doesn't have nearly the hips or experience as a safety that Swearinger has.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Multiple teams are looking at Swearinger as a first round pick. He and Allen are completely different types of football players, and the tape bears that conclusion out.

Swearinger and Allen also played different positions in college. Allen was a LB rover type, Swearinger was a deep safety. Even though Swearinger didn't test incredibly well, he was called on to do much more one-on-one coverage than Allen had to do in college, and succeeded at it when tested.

So yeah, they're not really comparable prospects. Allen may have looked better in shorts, but he doesn't have nearly the hips or experience as a safety that Swearinger has.

I will laugh pretty hard if Swearinger goes in round 1 (as long as it's not to New England)
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:

Don't forget that Swearinger also played some corner, boosting his value.

Sigs-Taking Requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 29 of 60

Jump to: