Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Ezekiel Ansah.

Ansah in round 1, Coleman in round 2, and we are now unbeatable.

Ansah's not a first round pick, yet. He may get there during the pre-draft process, but right now, he's probably in that 2nd to 3rd round range based on hype and potential. He's one of what I think will be many talented defensive ends to come out in this draft, and I wouldn't be opposed to the Pats grabbing him. Still really like Margus Hunt's upside, though.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah could be Aldon Smith 2.0. Imagine Chandler not even being our best pass rusher? Very Happy
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Ezekiel Ansah.

My own meme. Celeb status. Cool
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Ezekiel Ansah.

Ansah's not a first round pick, yet. He may get there during the pre-draft process, but right now, he's probably in that 2nd to 3rd round range based on hype and potential. He's one of what I think will be many talented defensive ends to come out in this draft, and I wouldn't be opposed to the Pats grabbing him. Still really like Margus Hunt's upside, though.

Top 15 pick when its all said and done IMO. Watt-esque athlete.

Deadpulse on the sig
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
young juice wrote:
Need someone on the other side of Jones or someone else in the middle so Jones can pressure the QB

Definitely need someone else on that DL. That unit is useless in the pass game for 95% of the game and Ninkovich/Scott have been big problems in the run game.

Who do you like mcmurtry? You watch more CFB than I do for sure. What DT/DE guys look like the real deal?

Datone Jones is the one you're looking for.

As a mid-round project? Because I don't see Jones being useful for at least 2 years in the NFL.
CopeMan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunt being 26 by tc is really going to hurt his stock in the mid first. I could see bb falling in love similar to vollmer unlike most coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, after all the Ansah talk, he's having a nice bowl game tonight. Dunno if anyone is watching, but I'm scouting him.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
BTW, after all the Ansah talk, he's having a nice bowl game tonight. Dunno if anyone is watching, but I'm scouting him.

I was thinking the same thing. I really think he'll end up a mid 1st rounder when all is said and done.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. I really think he'll end up a mid 1st rounder when all is said and done.

Going to depend on the combine and any all-star game invites he gets, but if he tests well, I think he can go in the 20s, maybe higher if he blows scouts away. Right now, I still have him in the second round.
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Van Noy needs to stop making plays. I want him, but not in the first Laughing
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Van Noy needs to stop making plays. I want him, but not in the first :lol:

Van Noy is from here in Reno, there was some talk around here leading up to the bowl game about him. Probably not going to be on the Pats' draft radar due to the position he plays, but he's a good athlete and is versatile.
Sciz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Van Noy is from here in Reno, there was some talk around here leading up to the bowl game about him. Probably not going to be on the Pats' draft radar due to the position he plays, but he's a good athlete and is versatile.
Yeah, he's definitely more of a luxury type of pick, but he's on my list of "very poor man's Von Miller" candidates, a guy who can line up at OLB and situationally DE. Kind of the lighter, more athletic version of what they can do with Ninkovich and Hightower.

Oh ^$(@, so much for him not making plays Laughing
Richter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Richter wrote:
Yeah, he's definitely more of a luxury type of pick, but he's on my list of "very poor man's Von Miller" candidates, a guy who can line up at OLB and situationally DE. Kind of the lighter, more athletic version of what they can do with Ninkovich and Hightower.

Oh ^$(@, so much for him not making plays :lol:

I think he's more of a Will in a 4-3 at the NFL level. Versatile enough to move around, though, and 11.5 sacks is nothing to sneeze at. That BYU defense is legit.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
young juice wrote:
Need someone on the other side of Jones or someone else in the middle so Jones can pressure the QB

Definitely need someone else on that DL. That unit is useless in the pass game for 95% of the game and Ninkovich/Scott have been big problems in the run game.

Who do you like mcmurtry? You watch more CFB than I do for sure. What DT/DE guys look like the real deal?

Datone Jones is the one you're looking for.

As a mid-round project? Because I don't see Jones being useful for at least 2 years in the NFL.

Yeah, pick him up in the mid-rounds - bring him to rush the passer up the middle every so often or stick him on the edge to defend the run initially. UCLA have had this kid doing everything and he's had no problem getting in the backfield.
young juice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these mock drafts have the Pats selecting WR

don't we have more pressing needs? DB, DL or OL?

925 to 617 to 805

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 12 of 60

Jump to: