Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Patriots Draft Prospects 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

young juice wrote:
Need someone on the other side of Jones or someone else in the middle so Jones can pressure the QB

Definitely need someone else on that DL. That unit is useless in the pass game for 95% of the game and Ninkovich/Scott have been big problems in the run game.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
young juice wrote:
Need someone on the other side of Jones or someone else in the middle so Jones can pressure the QB

Definitely need someone else on that DL. That unit is useless in the pass game for 95% of the game and Ninkovich/Scott have been big problems in the run game.

Who do you like mcmurtry? You watch more CFB than I do for sure. What DT/DE guys look like the real deal?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
young juice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jones could have an explosive second season if he had someone other than Wilfork on the line with him.

If this team had another DL or DE that was a threat then Jones could be the 2013/2014 Aldon Smith or JJ Watt

925 to 617 to 805

RIP Marquise Hill (August 8, 1982 May 28, 2007)
RIP Sean Taylor (April 1, 1983 November 27, 2007)

jerb2011

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you all feel about Sheldon Richardson, DT from Missouri?! I love his motor and relentlessness. 4-3 DT/3-4 DE, he can play both

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerb2011 wrote:
How do you all feel about Sheldon Richardson, DT from Missouri?! I love his motor and relentlessness. 4-3 DT/3-4 DE, he can play both
Probably a top 15 pick based on his pass rush potential inside. I've read huge intelligence question marks, to the point where it worries me even though DTs don't have to do a whole lot of thinking.
Richter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerb2011 wrote:

I like Missouri defenders, and I've paid close attention to Richardson. He can be very disruptive, but I question his ability to hold up at the point of attack if teams run right at him. I also question his motor, which seems to run cold at times. I think I'd rather spend money on a veteran and draft another player for the secondary or at defensive end early.
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
jerb2011 wrote:
Probably a top 15 pick based on his pass rush potential inside. I've read huge intelligence question marks, to the point where it worries me even though DTs don't have to do a whole lot of thinking.

I have that feeling about a lot of the to DTs in this draft. I loved watching Star Lotulelei destroy USC but I think he's as dumb as an eggplant. I just remember something about barely passing highschool, not getting grades to go to a D1 college, almost flunking out of junior college and delivering furniture. That aside, if they could learn the playbook I would move up if Richardson or Lotulelei fell a bit.
HOVA333

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
jerb2011 wrote:

Know your gaps....not much more to it. I always love guys with a high motor. They always seem to contribute.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
young juice wrote:

Who do you like mcmurtry? You watch more CFB than I do for sure. What DT/DE guys look like the real deal?

Honestly, I don't see much I like for DT's outside of the guys who figure to be outside the Pats range. Jesse Williams is a bit intriguing if they could pick up up in the mid rounds but he's more of a Brace/Deaderick upgrade than a full time starter. If they want to upgrade from Love/Deaderick inside, IMO they'll have to go the free agency route. I just don't see them going for a space eater who isn't a big upgrade on Love nor do I see them going for a guy who can push the pocket but can't hold up in the run

At DE, I'm probably interested in the usual guys like Okafer or Ansah. Malliciah Goodman intrigues me but I haven't seen enough consistency to think he'd be worth anything more than a flier.

As with DT, they might have to dip into the FA pool to upgrade - and I'm not sure they'd do that given how much they seem to like Ninkovich. They might hope that some combo of Bequette, Francis and Cunningham can fill one of the front 7 holes and stick with the other Love/Ninkovich option.

I'd guess right now that the draft is going to be DB and OL heavy with WR a possible early pick depending on Welker.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some really special potential in Vanderbilt's WR Jordan Matthews. The guy is really good for such a big WR.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
young juice wrote:

Honestly, I don't see much I like for DT's outside of the guys who figure to be outside the Pats range. Jesse Williams is a bit intriguing if they could pick up up in the mid rounds but he's more of a Brace/Deaderick upgrade than a full time starter. If they want to upgrade from Love/Deaderick inside, IMO they'll have to go the free agency route. I just don't see them going for a space eater who isn't a big upgrade on Love nor do I see them going for a guy who can push the pocket but can't hold up in the run

At DE, I'm probably interested in the usual guys like Okafer or Ansah. Malliciah Goodman intrigues me but I haven't seen enough consistency to think he'd be worth anything more than a flier.

As with DT, they might have to dip into the FA pool to upgrade - and I'm not sure they'd do that given how much they seem to like Ninkovich. They might hope that some combo of Bequette, Francis and Cunningham can fill one of the front 7 holes and stick with the other Love/Ninkovich option.

I'd guess right now that the draft is going to be DB and OL heavy with WR a possible early pick depending on Welker.

Hmm hadn't seen Goodman before now. On one hand, he sure looks the part. Huge, really quick and bends really well at his size, and generally looks like a prototypical left end. But watching the jmpasq cutups of him, he seems to fail to make a lot of easy tackles, and gets blocked easily. plus Clemson players always seem to be underwhelming in the pros. Color me intrigued by the physical package.

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
young juice wrote:

Datone Jones is the one you're looking for.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekiel Ansah.

Ansah in round 1, Coleman in round 2, and we are now unbeatable.
3. Cordarelle Patterson
Past Successes: Dez Bryant, Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith
Future Successes: Sammy Watkins, Rueban Randle
Past Failures:
jerb2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the most important needs in the draft?
I'm guessing:
1a. DE/DT
1b. DE/OLB
1c. CB
(Depending on who is available)
2. S
3. OL
4. WR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Ezekiel Ansah.

Ansah in round 1, Coleman in round 2, and we are now unbeatable.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3s9tus/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 11 of 60

Jump to: