You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bongo. He knows his stuff.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Bongo. He knows his stuff. Reply with quote

Bulluckthebeast i think youll agree with me that the one person that we can listen to is Bongo. Here is what he said today after he did his combine stuff.

MW times will not hurt his draft status...TB is taking Caddy for sure...it really is not a secret ........The Vikings and Ravens really like MW........but they think one of the WR will be there at 7. The Bears may still take a WR at 5. The Titans i think if they stay at 6 are going to have a ton of options......The more smart people i talk to the more i think Barron will be the Titans choice if they stay at 6. I talked to 4 well known OL guys and they have Barron way ahead of any other OT in this draft.There are so many CB's here that picking any at 6 would be a waste of the value of that pick. Taking a WR at 6 make more sense than a CB at 6 based upon what i have learned. Jones made himself a first day pick this combine. But it will have to be a team who knows they need to give him two yrs to develop.....The biggest money maker i think will be McPhearson........lots of rumors that he is now a round one pick low in that round.......GB and TB and Cleveland. I still am hearing that Volek maybe in play if the right QB falls to 6.....SF is seriously thinking of going RB at one.......i dont think Rodgers is a lock and i think Alex Smith is going to fall like a rock.......all the teams know there is alot of good round two QB's in this draft.

Well there you go, im not tryin to get credit but i figure this will help us out a little.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I can handle Barron at 6 I guess. If he's by far the best O-lineman..then fine...I'm sure we can find good WR's and DB's depper in the draft..I want them to annouce all the comepsatory picks!!
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think round 3 will just be as good as round two for widereceivers. Barron will be a great talent for the future. Hey why not take the best lineman and our future LT. Thats maybe the second most important postion for a team is LT. If you look at all the playoff teams they have great a great Oline. Maybe except for atlanta and san diego.
Ill be happy with the pick and it makes alot more sence to draft OL than CB. Theres more value at LT than at CB no matter what.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone out there: Bongo does medical work for several teams, and has some insider knowledge. I wouldn't take what he types completely serious though because in the NFL things can change very quickly. If you want to talk about rumors that actually have a shot at becoming true then you'd probably like his stuff.

"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week ago I never even thought we'd look at Barron that much. He did have a pretty good combine, however, and I guess that moved him up a few spots on the draft board. The only problem I'd have selecting him is that he wouldn't start for another year or maybe even 2. As I've said before, whoever we select will be a great player for years to come.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Reese is goin to put an investment in somebody at six they will start. He'll start at RT, since Bell is hurt and unproven at that spot in the pros. Bell will be the number one backup for the line. Barron will start for this comin year. For having the top online in the draft sit out wont happen. Just because Bell was movin to RT doesnt make him the starter right now.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who you guys think is starting I'm thinking...

LT- Hopkins
LG- Piller (if healthy)
C- Hartwig
RG- Olson
RT- Barron

And then Bell for depth?
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah whats wrong with that. Barron played both RT and LT. Bell is comin off an injury, Pillar should be alirght but if he gets hurt Bell will start then.
Do u want a 6th overall pick to start or a 5 round pick.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok then, I'm starting to like picking Barron more and more...But we're screwed if Dyson signs signs elsewhere...If Dyson does in fact leave, then is Barron totally out of the picture again, and does that put an obvious spotlight on CB as our first pick?
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No because behind Barron the talent level drops dramatically. And with CB talent is still there in the 2nd and third round. I think a future LT is more important than CB when this is your first appearance in the top ten in ten years. Thats all im thinkin.

We can get Browner, Rogers( maybe), Eric Green, Corey Webster, Bryan McFadden, Marlin Jackson in the later rounds. Keep in mind that Beckham and Woolfolk will start and if we draft a CB they will play the nickelback position.

Barron is almost 6'8" , 320 and has overall super strength and has experience on both sides.
Displaced Titan Fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I like the logic with the top ten choice thing. Just hope we can bring in some guys at CB too. Also, I saw an article about how Tennessee's mass drafting at one position, (all middle round picks) could be a new craze. I guess we will have to see.
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Displaced, Dyson is as good as gone.

I don't completely agree with you, titans#1. If we do draft Barron then I'm still not sure he'll start. If Bell is back to full strength and is playing as well as he was then he'll start.

I also don't agree with "do you want a 6th overall to start or a 5th rounder" because Bell was a fifth rounder and one can argue that he was the best O-lineman drafted last year. Just because an o-lineman is drafted in the first doesn't mean he'll be great. Just as an example look at Vernon Carey. He was rated at the top guard two years ago and he still hasn't shown a lot.

titans#1fan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true. But Barron will be the best line for this years draft. And Bell was the best oline for rookies at the guard spot not tackle. I think Bell will be better inside than outside.
Im just sayin if Bell does get healthy hes got to beat out Barron to start. Hes not goin to be handed the job. I have to give the upper hand to Barron over Bell. Guard and Tackle are 2 totally different positions.
Burton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone argued that they would be horribly wrong, Gallery anyone?

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, one can argue Bell was the 2nd best O-lineman taken last year.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: