Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A question about the rest of the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a max of 3 more wins there so we will draft top 5 would be my guess.

carolina kitten on the crazy sig
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Potential wins still:

Washington
Tampa Bay
Kansas City
Atlanta
Oakland
New Orleans

Also considering that upsets happen, Panthers finish with 5 or 6 wins.
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need pro bowl caliber players at DT and FS, no exceptions. If we get those everything else on the defense will be fine.

Offensively I think we need help on the offensive line. We really need to consider Gross's replacement. Hangman is not good enough.

I'm still weighing how much we may need a WR. Still need to see some more Murphy and Gettis.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sick of the season being over by week 8.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
Cypher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="panther dude"]
Cypher wrote:
HighPointNCKid wrote:

Jerry Richardson disagrees with you. He did an interview some time ago where he said Lucas and Wahle both greatly disrupted team chemistry, and never lived up to the contracts they received.

link?

I'll try to find it, it was back in 2010 I believe when everyone accused him of being cheap. I'll see if I can dig it up.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
panther dude

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright yeah shoot me the link if you can find it, that sounds interesting. Ive been annoyed by our FA philosophy lately so it would be nice to see more explanation.

I like retaining our own guys but we just don't draft good enough to rely solely on that to improve our team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
We need pro bowl caliber players at DT and FS, no exceptions. If we get those everything else on the defense will be fine.

Offensively I think we need help on the offensive line. We really need to consider Gross's replacement. Hangman is not good enough.

I'm still weighing how much we may need a WR. Still need to see some more Murphy and Gettis.

I agree with this statement 100%. If we are picking based on how we are playing right now, DT is probably the pick based on the talent available; however, would not be upset if we took an Allen or Woods to become Smitty's replacement in a few years without first round pick. However, if we do not take WR in the 1st, it's a position I don't think we will address due to the log jam we have at WRs 2-5.

If it was me, I would be looking at, in terms of need...

1. DT.
2. FS
3. OL
4. CB
5. WR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot depends on FA to. We will see if new GM does anything in FA or not.

Thanks CK
schulman116

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets swap DeAngelo for FS Reshad Jones (young physical S with ton of potential). Followed his career at Georgia and always envisioned him as an NFL star (Sean Taylor/Ed Reed ball hawking ability with Roman Harper like tackling). His development is a big part of Miami's surprisingly much improved defense in 2012.

At RD 1 pick #3-#7.....I honestly believe we would be best served moving down acquiring more picks and still being able to select 1 of the 3 ELITE DT's in this class. If we moved down to the 15-25 range I think we would be able to steal either Kawann Short (Purdue) or big John Jenkins (Georgia) with Star Lotulelei likely going in the top 10. In round 2 I say BPA... if its OL, great we need a lot of it. If it's an elite pass rusher (thats not undersized...ex. Ev.Brown) that fell for non injury reasons I think we go there. Unlike the 2012 draft, it's a very weak CB class. That shouldn't be touched. Very deep OL/DL class that we desperately need to take advantage of.

OL/DL & secondary should be the main focus this offseason. Smitty/Lafell is a solid combo....& depending on the size of Jerry's checkbook I think we sign a major WR in the offseason as #89's eventual replacement for 2014/2015 when the future HOF WR hangs em up. If we can't get a trade done for a proven young FS.....we need to get our hands on Eric Reid (LSU), Robert Lester (Bama), or in RD2 Tony Jefferson (Oklahoma). All 3 are future NFL starting Saftey's.......something we haven't had since Mike Minter/Deon Grant.

This upcoming offseason is the most important one we've had in years. We need to keep Cam positive with a great surrounding cast. You can just see it already, if he's not on a contender he lets that effect his play. We need to get it right this offseason. What ever it takes, just get it right, don't overpay but be aggressive Jerry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: