Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Might as well start Stanzi
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Might as well start Stanzi Reply with quote

Give this kid the rest of the season, maybe he will break out, maybe he wont but at least we know if we can move on from him or not.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well start my Grandma (who'd be 108 y/o by now). A team that more or less quits with 11 points down at the beginning of the 4th quarter? You don't even have to start at all.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - play Stanzi. Maybe he will implode too but at least.. AT LEAST I've seen him play with extreme heart (@ Iowa) like a damn warrior. This team could use a TON of that right now.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
kcstomp63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he starts, I hope he bombs! Sorry, but I could see him having a few crappy games and then a few decent games and Pioli saying, "Hey, we might have something here!"

If he wasn't good enough to get the starting job OR the back up job, I am guessing he just isn't that good.

I am sorry! I really hope we have three new QBs next year! Geno Smith being one of them.

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
jimmydee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, we'll never know if ANY other QB is worth their salt till Pioli's love affair with Cassell is over. Plus, regardless of who we "force" under center, it won't help till receivers can catch a damn ball.

Midway thru the 3rd quarter it appeared to me that the Chiefs were just goin thru the motions. No intensity, etc., at all. Maybe I missed something, but that's what I saw. Your thoughts.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
Guys, we'll never know if ANY other QB is worth their salt till Pioli's love affair with Cassell is over. Plus, regardless of who we "force" under center, it won't help till receivers can catch a damn ball.

Midway thru the 3rd quarter it appeared to me that the Chiefs were just goin thru the motions. No intensity, etc., at all. Maybe I missed something, but that's what I saw. Your thoughts.

Oh they absolutely lacked any heart. It was no more evident than that whiffed block by Moeaki, that was beyond gutless.

@ kcstomps63

I agree and it's hard for me to balance that feeling. As much as I'm ready to lose now with the mindset that it equals long term winning - it's hard to follow through with it in the heat of the battle, if that makes sense.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:

You're right about intensity, etc...However, before this game, KC's WR's were 6th best in the league as far as fewest drops per passing attempt. Every team drops passes, I see it all the time...it's easy to put too much blame on your W'sR when it hurts your team, but it's the norm around the NFL...what's not the norm is the way our QB's throw it or the way our coaches call the plays.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
jimmydee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage58, you're right, and it would be a BETTER percentage if half the throws weren't high or back shoulder on crossing patterns.
TambaHawk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems reasonable to start Stanzi but those knuckleheads in charge do not see that so I do not see him playing.. Sad

TambaHawk wrote:
Oh we are getting a Smith just not Geno Smith Laughing
wishbone20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly wouldn't be upset if we do decide to give Stanzi a chance. Also, I wouldn't be upset if we continue with Quinn at this point. The Bucs game showed that the QB position is not even close to the only issue we have going forward.

I think a better move would be replacing Romeo. We are going into a bye week and theoretically we have a good chance in the weak AFC if we can finish 7-2. I seriously doubt that turn around could occur, but I'd like to see someone with power (Hunt, Pioli) send a serious message to players and fans. A message showing that this losing culture is unacceptable and IMO coaching is a bigger issue than any of the 53.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culture starts at the top, replacing Romeo is making him the fall guy for Pioli's failures. We should call Cowher, and offer him the whole works. At least he's driven, and few coaches have more heart.
wishbone20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Culture starts at the top, replacing Romeo is making him the fall guy for Pioli's failures. We should call Cowher, and offer him the whole works. At least he's driven, and few coaches have more heart.

Culture does start at the top so I would be encouraged if Hunt replaced Pioli. That being said, where Pioli has been bad Romeo has been utterly atrocious. We have a respectable roster and our season has been laughable.

The other reason I bring up Romeo instead of Pioli is its much more likely to happen. Pioli has made Hunt money and we know how much ownership values money...
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is responsible for Romeo? ...That's right, Pioli, just like he was for Haley. Doesn't matter how talented a team is with terrible coaching.

As far as making money, if Clark is even a moderately good business man, he needs to be seeing sales dropping at the stadium, and fear the continued mediocrity. Next season, if nothing changes...season ticket sales will suffer greatly.
wishbone20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like for Pioli to be replaced. The coach is part of his job and he hasn't done well with HCs.

I think that Pioli will try and save his job before Hunt will move on from Scott. Unless the team isn't competing for a good period of time chiefs fans will swallow it myself included.
PhillyChief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should stick with Quinn or Matt and wrap up the #1 pick to pick Geno Smith. It's obvious that's Pioli's plan...after all Smith is a former Patriot. (see the pic in the link :0)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1365863-geno-smith-scouting-report-breaking-down-the-west-virginia-quarterback

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: