Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's Uglier?
Marshawn Lynch
76%
 76%  [ 20 ]
Seattle Seahawk Uniforms
23%
 23%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 26

49ersfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Seattle made Tom Brady look bad so maybe we give them credit for making Alex have a so-so game last night?
Good one, but no. Alex has been struggling this year.

No one had a problem before the Giants game. And before that game he had a 8-1 td to int ratio and one of the top QB ratings in the nfl.

He didn't play well against the Vikings or Jets either and has clearly regressed from the first 2 weeks.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6

Last edited by 49ersfan on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on mike iupati?

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Seattle made Tom Brady look bad so maybe we give them credit for making Alex have a so-so game last night?
Good one, but no. Alex has been struggling this year.

No one had a problem before the Giants game. And before that game he had a 8-1 td to int ratio and one of the top QB ratings in the nfl.

Then all of a sudden he has back to back horrible games, this has got to be a cause for concern. If you remove these check downs where Gore does all the work, Alex doesn't even get 100 yards yesterday.

You can see that Harbaugh isn't happy with Smith on the sidelines. During his presser they asked Harbs if he'd do anything different during that interception, of course Harbaugh isn't going to slam Smith, but he said he'd have thrown it higher.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Heard on the radio that Gore has bruised ribs. That explains why he was out last night.

Yep, basically having a bye week is going to help him out big time. Still, we need to get Jacobs involved here and there. Did anyone notice on the last drive we put in Jacobs and right before we were about to get in huddle he went out for Hunter? Come on, that is the perfect time to use him.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
I thought Gore was done or near done last year. He looked slow, couldn't catch a ball and even struggling pass blocking.

But this year he looks fresh, is getting consistent 4-5 yard gains as well as a lot of 10+ yard runs, and looks rejuvenated overall. Lessening the load has done wonders. We've gotten Hunter involved more, as well as Alex and Colin.

When you get older you're supposed to decline but at this rate he looks just as good as he did in 2006.
yeah Gore gets his yards in less carries now. He's a stud. I freakin love me some Gore. I never thought he was done. I was so mad when people were saying to get rid of Gore.

Yeah it was dumb when people wanted to trade him wile "He was still worth something". Dude is a straight up beast.

Agreed x1,000,000.

Gore this year will likely move into first all-time on the franchise rushing list (needs 474 more yards to pass Joe Perry when you include all his yards with the franchise during the AAFC years, not just the NFL years), and 4 more TDs to pass Roger Craig into 2nd place for rushing TDs.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
I thought Gore was done or near done last year. He looked slow, couldn't catch a ball and even struggling pass blocking.

But this year he looks fresh, is getting consistent 4-5 yard gains as well as a lot of 10+ yard runs, and looks rejuvenated overall. Lessening the load has done wonders. We've gotten Hunter involved more, as well as Alex and Colin.

When you get older you're supposed to decline but at this rate he looks just as good as he did in 2006.
yeah Gore gets his yards in less carries now. He's a stud. I freakin love me some Gore. I never thought he was done. I was so mad when people were saying to get rid of Gore.

Yeah it was dumb when people wanted to trade him wile "He was still worth something". Dude is a straight up beast.

Agreed x1,000,000.

Gore this year will likely move into first all-time on the franchise rushing list (needs 474 more yards to pass Joe Perry when you include all his yards with the franchise during the AAFC years, not just the NFL years), and 4 more TDs to pass Roger Craig into 2nd place for rushing TDs.

Harbaugh has been a god send for Gore, and it looks like he's added at least two more years to his football career.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in the offseason Jacobs said if Gore had this coaching staff his entire career, Gore would be a six or seven time Pro Bowler.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Rest of our schedule, what you guys got???

AT CARDINALS - Win
BYE
RAMS - Win
BEARS - Loss
AT SAINTS - Win
AT RAMS - Loss
DOLPHINS - Win
AT PATRIOTS - Loss
AT SEAHAWKS - Loss
CARDINALS - Win

10-6 for me.

I think we win almost all of our games from here on. Maybe lose to the Bears, and either Pats or Hawks, but not both. Sweeping the Rams and Cards for sure imo.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I remember in the offseason Jacobs said if Gore had this coaching staff his entire career, Gore would be a six or seven time Pro Bowler.

Harbaugh knows what to do with RB's. If you have a good one, preserve him as much as you can.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As big of a surprise as Davis and Boone have been, Goodwin is absolutely having a monster season. He is doing very well opposed to last year. Gore is having bigger holes now than he has at any point in his career. Then it also helps he is FINALLY understanding it is fine to share some carries with others Laughing .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
As big of a surprise as Davis and Boone have been, Goodwin is absolutely having a monster season. He is doing very well opposed to last year. Gore is having bigger holes now than he has at any point in his career. Then it also helps he is FINALLY understanding it is fine to share some carries with others Laughing .

Gore was never keen on sharing his toys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Mario Manningham said he hurt his shoulder on the opening play of the Giants game but didn't want to come out. Says he'll be ready for MNF.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:

On a lot of plays, gore isn't really breaking tackles just using his great vision. Then he has a big hole and big yards and its just the safety. Even dent yesterday.

Not hating. Just saying. You guys think with James there he's gone? Like gore tries to make them whiff like he did with earl yesterday. Lamike could just break to the outside when he sees green and nobody is catching him. That's basically what he did at Oregon.
With out run blocking. I could see Lamike just piling up yards

new sig... sorry alex
Swift21

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore 5.8 yards per carry. Very Happy That's even higher than the season he nearly rushed for 1700 yards.

Heck of a defensive performance in the second half.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm a bit confused with what you are trying to say. Are you saying James could do better than Gore? I just stated the holes have been huge and nothing like what Gore has seen in the past. However, his vision is top notch along with his balance, and patience. James would be getting more carries to the outside similar to Hunter. He is even a bigger home run hitter so lets see what happens next season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 70 of 72

Jump to: