Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens lose CB Webb, DL Ngata, LB Lewis to injuries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Lewis is out for the season?!? Wow!

Has this been confirmed by anyone, or just speculation? How severe is the injury - is it one that can be IR-desgnated for return? Or is his season REALLY done?

If he IS done...I know people thought that Lewis would probably retire at the end of the season (didn't he say something like that prior to the start of the season?) I know Lewis isn't someone to walk away on a bad note, so if he misses this season, does he play next season?

I know he's been ruled out for the season, but I'm still holding out hope that we put him on IR/R, I mean I did the math and worse case scenario he'd be done his rehab and back to being able to lift weights come Dec. 29th... which would be right before the final game of the season (Cincy for us). He wouldn't be able to take on blocks very well, I'd assume, but he COULD play in the playoffs you would think.

Best case scenario though he could be back by Dec. 7th or so... and have about 4/5 weeks (depending on bye week or not) to work his triceps back up to at least a manageable level and make a playoff return.

I mean how awesome would it be if after being out for so long, Ray Lewis returns for the playoffs and home at M&T does his dance to fire up the stadium and team.

With the season so late, I think Ray Lewis is our best chance at using the IR/R designation... if we're going to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
How has Jimmy Smith looked this season so far? I've heard good things heading into the year and from what I can tell - dude has potential, but I haven't heard much about him through the first 6 weeks.

Jimmy Smith has had issues falling in coverage every now and again, but generally has looked pretty good in off-man, but clearly looks far superior in press man. Dez Bryant releasing off the LOS barreling into Smith was the first time I've ever seen a player beat Jimmy's press through physicality (and Bryant destroyed it)... and that includes KC's Bowe in last years preseason and Bryant for the rest of this game.

That said, Jimmy has been susceptible to double moves when in off man... I'm not exactly sure how he'd look in that regard in press man simply because he hasn't been utilized in that capacity nearly enough to truly gauge that area IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Baltimore Sun made an excellent point today. Even if Ray's season is over his career certainly isn't. Think about it. Even if he comes back and sucks there's no way he'd leave on an injury.

Trust in the 4Bs: Ben, Bell, Blount and Brown!
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
After thinking about this more, i was ready for the Ray Lewis era to be over (what Bengals fan wouldn't be?), but this is not the way i wanted it to end.

I hope he gives next season a go.

As a Browns fan i feel the exact same way. I don't want him to go out on top but I do want him to go out not injured,

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible day for the ravens, only sight of light is that suggs might be back

WINTER IS COMING
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
JCamGOPACKGO wrote:
How has Jimmy Smith looked this season so far? I've heard good things heading into the year and from what I can tell - dude has potential, but I haven't heard much about him through the first 6 weeks.

Jimmy Smith has had issues falling in coverage every now and again, but generally has looked pretty good in off-man, but clearly looks far superior in press man. Dez Bryant releasing off the LOS barreling into Smith was the first time I've ever seen a player beat Jimmy's press through physicality (and Bryant destroyed it)... and that includes KC's Bowe in last years preseason and Bryant for the rest of this game.

That said, Jimmy has been susceptible to double moves when in off man... I'm not exactly sure how he'd look in that regard in press man simply because he hasn't been utilized in that capacity nearly enough to truly gauge that area IMO.

Yep. We saw Jimmy take some big strides last season when he started to get more opportunity to play. I actually think we'll see him improve at a faster rate this season than we have so far since he'll constantly be on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
The Baltimore Sun made an excellent point today. Even if Ray's season is over his career certainly isn't. Think about it. Even if he comes back and sucks there's no way he'd leave on an injury.
And that's supposed to be better? I'm sorry. I love the guy but if he came back just to come back and sucked and hurts my defense, I'd be mad.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge loses, I still think Lewis comes back next year, won't end his career on an injury.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:

I'm not 100% confident in this assessment.

The big thing about this season potentially being his last was that in addition to chasing a ring for one last time... it was sort of perfect in that next year RL3 (his son) will be attending Miami as a RB. Ray Lewis (Ravems) has always stated that he wanted to be there for his son. A return to football next year for Lewis would mean he would be missing out on the first year of his son's career at the collegiate level... unless his son redshirts.

So until I hear Lewis say otherwise, I think his chances of returning next season are 50/50.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

The big thing about this season potentially being his last was that in addition to chasing a ring for one last time... it was sort of perfect in that next year RL3 (his son) will be attending Miami as a RB. Ray Lewis (Ravems) has always stated that he wanted to be there for his son. A return to football next year for Lewis would mean he would be missing out on the first year of his son's career at the collegiate level... unless his son redshirts.

So until I hear Lewis say otherwise, I think his chances of returning next season are 50/50.

Doubt his son plays next year. The U's backfield is crowded with young players and they already have 5* RB Duke Johnson from last year's class who will be primary back next season. I see Ray coming back next season.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
BlaqOptic wrote:

I pretty much agree here, I think.

Ray does have all that pride and passion and determination, but I really don't think he ever wants to be the guy who people are asking "why haven't you retired yet?"

This was almost definitely going to be his last year, I think. The extra hard work in shedding the weight in off-season suggests to me that this was his last big push to get that elusive second ring. Now it's all gone wrong, and that must be tough to deal with.

I could see him just not making any decision yet, waiting until his arm is healed to see how he feels, whether he wants to do another training camp, another pre-season, and to be playing instead of watching his son play.

He might just end up being philosophical about the whole thing, and decide that the injury was his body's way of telling him the time has come.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
How terrible is the AFCN now?

Terrible enough for the Browns to be able to compete

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the Ravens let Suggs return from IR and Ray Lewis?

Thats a tough loss for them. I'm no Ray Lewis fan, but the man is a beast of a football player, and one hell of a leader.

Hope he recovers quickly.

down but not out. I still believe!
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

Suggs was only on PUP, so the Ravens still have that IR/R spot available. But I'm not sure they'd be so quick to use it on a guy who medical reason says should be out for a lot longer than January.

It would be a fairytale end to the season if the Ravens got to the Superbowl and somehow Ray was able to come in and play (though not a fairytale for whoever got cut to open up the roster spot, of course), but it's certainly not likely.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Suggs was only on PUP, so the Ravens still have that IR/R spot available. But I'm not sure they'd be so quick to use it on a guy who medical reason says should be out for a lot longer than January.

It would be a fairytale end to the season if the Ravens got to the Superbowl and somehow Ray was able to come in and play (though not a fairytale for whoever got cut to open up the roster spot, of course), but it's certainly not likely.

Your defense was the reason the Ravens were in superbowl talks. I dont think Unibrow Joe can take over this team and lead them to the promise land. I'd wake up and stop dreaming.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: