Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible FA Additions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Possible FA Additions Reply with quote

I know this is probably way too early for this, but it is still interesting to consider the possible free agents that could become a Falcon next year.

I would say RB, MLB, DE, DT, TE, CB, and OT (not in order) are our biggest needs. I am not going to list all the potentially available players at each position, but just the ones I think would be good fits for this team.

I understand some positions would be best addressed in house or through the draft, but this is just for hypothetical fun.

RB:

1) Reggie Bush
- Reggie would be the ideal back for our offense. He has finally shown the ability to run between the tackles, and his up tempo/flashy style of play would fit in perfectly with our offense.

2) Felix Jones
-Felix has flashed elite play making abilities, but has been extremely inconsistent. I think he would be an interesting addition to our offense as he shares a similar skill set to Reggie Bush. He wouldn't be as expensive as Bush either.

MLB:

1) Rey Maualuga
- Not the best linebacker, but would definitely be an upgrade from Akeem Dent.

2) Daryl Smith
-Maybe the Jax/ATL connection will continue. He has played OLB for most of his career, but I think he could make the transition

DE:

1) Osi Umenyiora
-We have shown interest in Osi before, and I think he could be a great addition to our defense. He is a bit older at 31, but he still has productive years ahead of him.

2) Dwight Freeney
- Would love to have Freeney even at 32, but he would be extremely expensive

3) Cliff Avril
- Young and efficient at getting to the QB, Avril would be a welcome addition to our d-line

4) Michael Johnson
-He would be a signing based off of potential which I would be wary of due to Ray Edwards' lack of production.

DT:

1) Glenn Dorsey
- How awesome would it be if the two players we wanted the most in the 2008 draft ended up on our team. We would be having our cake and eating it too, I still believe Dorsey would be much better in a 4-3, and Mike Nolan could bring out the best in him.

2) Henry Melton
-Melton is #2 only because there is no way the Bears will let him test the market.

3) Randy Starks
-Don't think the Phins will let him walk, but he is very stout against the run.

4) Jason Jones
-Was very effective in Tennessee. Good inside pass rusher who can also play some DE. Wouldn't be ideal signing for shoring up interior run defense.

TE:

1) TONY GONZALEZ
- I hope the best TE to ever play the game can grace us with his presence for at least one more season.

2) Jared Cook
-Huge, fast, WR/TE hybrid. Seems to fit our offense.

3) Dustin Keller
-Same reason as Jared Cook, but he is smaller

4) Fred Davis
- Same reason as #2

5) Heath Miller
- Less athletic than the previous tight ends, but still gets the job done. Very good blocker with reliable hands.

6) Martellus Bennett
-Having success with the Giants. BIG target.

7) Delanie Walker
- Potential based signing, but he is very athletic.

CB:

1) Brent Grimes
- He will probably one of the best CB on the market, and it is always great to retain players who have chemistry with the team.

2) DRC
- Probably will not be allowed to test FA, but he is a tremendous talent

3) Derek Cox
- JAX/ATL connection again?

4) Sean Smith
-After trading away Vontae Davis, I doubt the Phins let him walk

5) Tracy Porter
- Was effective in NO, but does not look very good in Denver. Could provide depth.

OT:

1) Sam Baker
-Definitely won't be the best tackle available, but I have liked what he has shown thus far in the season. He is healthy and playing efficient.

Every other OT is a mega FA, and probably will not be worth spending money on or will be signed by their respective teams.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
CrazyFalcon84

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st the main thing i think that needs to be done is sign William Moore. I do think we re-sign our guys like always like Moore and Baker (also an extension for Ryan). After that i dont no what our cap number is but i think we could sign some guys....
RB: i dont think we would spend money on a guy like Bush even tho it would be awsome. I really think that we use a mid-round draft pick on a RB maybe even a early pick
MLB: Don't really think we sign anyone maybe trade for one (like a late round draft pick 4 someone) or we stand behind Dent and draft guys mid to late rounds as depth.
DE: I think this might be where we might make our 1 big move and i hope we go 4 Cliff Avril because of his talent/age. But if we don't i think it is a high pick in the draft.
DT: I would love 2 get Glenn Dorsey so it won't be a need 4 the draft.
TE: I think Tony is serious n this is his last yr. I think we would draft someone to replace him.
CB&OL draft for depth

Thanks Walter for the Sig!

Adop-A-Falcon 2012 Akeem Dent:
18 Tackles
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yea I agree with you on Willy Mo. Decoud/Moore are one of the best safety tandems in the league right now, and we need to keep them together.

As for MLB I really think we are going to stick with Dent seeing we do not give up on draft picks easily. (Chris Owens, Sam Baker, Matt Bosher)

As stated in the OP, I know some positions will be better addressed through the draft or in house.

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Dorsey wants to go to a 4-3 base defense. Maybe we could get him somewhat cheap. After that I would say we're fine maybe besides a depth LB sign (and draft one also) maybe another S if we let Hope go like we should.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Jackson will most likely get cut by STL for payroll issues, you can add him to the RB category.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Very good RB even at his age, but do we need to go after a back on the decline? Rather spend money elsewhere.

Lentz33

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd love to have Bush on our team. Cliff Avril would be a good addition too.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we go with a corner in free agents, would it be like our original plan to move dunta inside? as its been state, he's played well this year, majority on the outside
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think going after DRC would frustrate asante
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Osi will value hisself higher than the rest of the league would, but if not i can get with that idea
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love a combination of Derek Cox/Daryl Smith/Jason Jones

Assuming we don't resign Brent Grimes.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Dorsey. Have both him and Peters come in on run downs. This defensive line needs some more power to it.

Would like to see a versatile OLB added. Our LBers are always banged up.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
terrell123

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Steven Jackson will most likely get cut by STL for payroll issues, you can add him to the RB category.
No thanks. Reggie Bush would be a much better fit imo. I hate seeing Turner on screen passes. Laughing
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush would be dynamic for this offense. With White and Jones eating up double teams on the outside and (hopefully) Gonzo drawing attention in the middle, Bush would be 1-on-1 with a LB. I'll take that all day. I don't see Bush being a player Dimitroff and Smith would go after though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Bush would be dynamic for this offense. With White and Jones eating up double teams on the outside and (hopefully) Gonzo drawing attention in the middle, Bush would be 1-on-1 with a LB. I'll take that all day. I don't see Bush being a player Dimitroff and Smith would go after though.

Why not?

There has not really been any indication of him being a cancer in the locker room. He seemed to recommit to improving his skillset last season, and it showed.

The only reason I wouldn't see Bush as a truly viable option is the contract he would command. Assuming he breaks 1000/500, he should ask for a hefty deal. I don't think our FO would invest too much money on a RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: