Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers' Alameda Ta'amu charged with felony DUI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:
Is 0.2 even that drunk? He probably was on some drug as well.

Very drunk. That's 2.5 times the "legal limit"... If you can withstand .2; you need to be sent to a rehab center.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
eaglesfan10 wrote:
Notmyfault wrote:
um...
lol... yes. 0.08 is the legal limit. 0.05 is considered to be impaired and your vision and depth perception can be affected.

So yes... 0.2 is very very drunk!
Just a general FYI -

A standard shot of 80 proof liquor is ~ 1.5 ounces.

A 350 pound man drinking shots over a two hour period would have a BAC of ~.20 after having 18 shots. The same guy would have a BAC of ~.198 after having 20 beers in the same time period.

That's a lot of alcohol.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a text that Ta'amu has been suspended 2 weeks without pay and banned from the facility. Obviously an in-house suspension. Sure more will come down from the league.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Fender

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ban him from the league for at least a year. And any subsequent incident would be a lifetime ban.

This is a joke... squandering his rare and incredible opportunity. He deserves to be washing dishes or digging ditches with the rest of the population that share his mental aptitude and decision making.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Got a text that Ta'amu has been suspended 2 weeks without pay and banned from the facility. Obviously an in-house suspension. Sure more will come down from the league.

And this is where I've always had a ton of respect for the Steelers organization - it's a model more teams should follow (and yes, I realize it's easier when the player in question was a consistent healthy-scratch on gameday, but IINM they did the same sort of in-house suspension with Holmes in the past and I believe at least once before in the past decade or so).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

And this is where I've always had a ton of respect for the Steelers organization - it's a model more teams should follow (and yes, I realize it's easier when the player in question was a consistent healthy-scratch on gameday, but IINM they did the same sort of in-house suspension with Holmes in the past and I believe at least once before in the past decade or so).

They did.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:

Glad the Steelers manned up and did the right thing. A good step in the right direction.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

They did.

Yup. There are a lot of owners (not just in football but in professional sports) that could due to take a lesson at the knee of Art Rooney - and to a notably lesser, but still somewhat similar case Robert Kraft. I've had to live through putting up with two of the worst kind of owners in my football fanhood (the strip-mining, self-serving Georgia Frontieri and the laissez-faire, I'm-cool-as-long-as-I'm-turning-a-profit Spanos family who is completely disconnected from the community its franchise is based in); my pregnant wife might have objections, but the diehard fan in me would be willing to give up my firstborn child to have my team owned by a family the like of the Rooneys.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

They did.

Yup. There are a lot of owners (not just in football but in professional sports) that could due to take a lesson at the knee of Art Rooney - and to a notably lesser, but still somewhat similar case Robert Kraft. I've had to live through putting up with two of the worst kind of owners in my football fanhood (the strip-mining, self-serving Georgia Frontieri and the laissez-faire, I'm-cool-as-long-as-I'm-turning-a-profit Spanos family who is completely disconnected from the community its franchise is based in); my pregnant wife might have objections, but the diehard fan in me would be willing to give up my firstborn child to have my team owned by a family the like of the Rooneys.

I won't go along with you on Kraft. I don't trust him. I think he is behind Spygate, and he helped Bill with it.

However, I am down with you on the Rooneys.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, i wonder how the Rooneys will see this

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
49ersfan wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
I thought this thread was about Ta'amu and not the Steelers organization? Think

My gosh. Can this draft get any worse for us now? Only thing that came of it was Chris Rainey; and he hasn't done much...

Wait, whats so bad about the draft? I haven't paid attention to it since May or so but i remember everyone praising the Steelers draft, giving them A+ grades, etc..have the players really been that bad?

Aside from DeCastro, Steelers came away with a lot of big name guys overrated by the media. Some had work ethic question marks(Adams) and some were major question marks on where they fit into the scheme(Ta'amu and Spence).

I thought a lot of people were overrating their class after the draft.

DeCastro us already our best run blocker. Spence looked amazing before going down. Rainey is already getting snaps. The only real question marks of our first 5 picks are Ta'Amu who will surely be cut and Adams who can seemingly only run block...

Not to derail thread but DeCastro was not clearly our best run blocker. He didn't pop and drive his guy off the ball and his technique isn't as sound as was hyped up to be.

Ta'Amu will likely face a fine, jail, and maybe community programs. He will definetely be giving some form of class/lecture on his behavior to some youth programs.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Broncos_OTM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Stallworth was a member of the Browns when he did this. N.F.L. suspended him one year and Browns let him go. Stallworth did cooperate with the police though.

I understand that....

Cooperated with police vs Didn't cooperate with police

Killed a man vs Didn't kill a man.

Which should bring more punishment?

I am definitely not in any way defending Ta'amu... just the likely punishment.
the pedestrian was at fault, brought in stallworths defense. That was key, i cant overstate that enough. Aggravated assault, is 8 years in colorado.failingto comply with law enforcement pisses judges off. Yes i could very well see years in this case.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:

Yup. Most people are obviously impaired at the legal limit of 0.08.
fretgod99

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos_OTM wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
cattleman78 wrote:
Stallworth was a member of the Browns when he did this. N.F.L. suspended him one year and Browns let him go. Stallworth did cooperate with the police though.
I understand that....

Cooperated with police vs Didn't cooperate with police

Killed a man vs Didn't kill a man.

Which should bring more punishment?

I am definitely not in any way defending Ta'amu... just the likely punishment.
the pedestrian was at fault, brought in stallworths defense. That was key, i cant overstate that enough. Aggravated assault, is 8 years in colorado.failingto comply with law enforcement pisses judges off. Yes i could very well see years in this case.
Also, as way of explanation, Stallworth's sentencing would have been part of a plea deal. The plea deal would have been made because the prosecution knew that there was a definite crack in their case (the pedestrian being outside of an area where a pedestrian is allowed to cross a street). Stallworth pleads guilty/no contest in return for a joint sentencing recommendation - State gets a high level conviction and Stallworth gets a minimal sentence. Because of circumstance, the cases really aren't analogous.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

You guys are right, you can't really compare the two. My bad... I wasn't aware how severe punishments would be for resisting arrest (or charges along those lines)... I was looking at it mainly on the DUI side because I figured that would be where the most severe charges would stem from. I was wrong.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: